Closed Thread
Page 22 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    EO, just popping in to wish you for bt tomorrow! Hope it's the BEST news (BTW I don't wear the press tacks outside of the house but I do put one in when I come home and wear it to bed!) Instant calm!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

EternalOptimist  (26-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO, wishing you all the very best for your BT tomo. I SO hope it's great news for you!!!

AFM... I don't know what's going on anymore. The U/S on Monday showed a gest sac with a fetal pole. And also a subchorionic haematoma. I bled that night at midnight, just kinda dripped out and passed a large clot (I assumed it was the haematoma). I've had no more bleeding since then. Then I had bar yeste, which showed my HCG numbers drop from over 17800, to around 16300 or so. So I thought it was all over. I grieved all night, and woke up this morning ready to move forward.
    Then FS calls ms this afternoon, asks how my bleeding was. I told him I haven't bled since the other night. He told me that while a HCG drop certainly isn't a good thing, we'll "sit tight" until the next scan on Monday to see what's going on. He said if there's going to be a heartbeat, it'll be there on Monday. And to continue my medications. Arghhhh!!!!
    Now I don't know what to think. I'm confused, surely a pregnancy can't be viable after a HCG drop??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat84u: Hang on for a little longer to hope. I know you are on a serious rollercoaster at the moment, one which I don't truly understand yet. I've got my fingers, thumbs, and toes crossed for you.

Hello to everyone else. I'm moving house at the moment, so I feel stretched a bit thin, between here, IVF, uni, work, rehab and packing boxes. Yikes!

AFM: going for an US on the 9th March, will find out BT results when I see the FS on the 17th March. Although have to get all clear from cardiologist on the 29th before I can get stuck in.
    Daisy

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - thinking of you today and sending loads of

Nat - sending - what a rollercoaster for you. I hope the next scan brings you great news. thinking of you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

EternalOptimist  (26-02-2011)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Well at least the clinic didn’t make me wait all day for the crappy news – it’s a 5hitty BFN for me this cycle . I will be going straight into a full stim cycle as soon as the F.C.K.I.N.G biatch AF shows up and see if that works any better. I am really struggling to keep going through with this and having repeatedly having my heart boken every single month.

I am finishing work early to go home and drown my sorrows in a few bottles of red, i am sure its 5.00pm somewhere to start drinking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

EO- my heart breaks for you. Massive hugs . An early mark from work and a few drinks to drown your sorrows sounds like a good plan. After our 2nd FET failed I didn't think I could keep going either, but here I am impatient to get going again! Eyes on the prize hun, it will be yours one day .

Quartz- very sorry to hear you were victim of a break & enter . I am terrified of that happening to us one day. I hope they didn't take anything of sentimental value and hope they catch the rotten b*stards. Be sure to beef up your home security, not meaning to scare you, but there is a horrible statistic that once thieves have successfully robbed you there is a high chance they'll try again after 6m (as they know you'll have replaced things by then).

PinkB- I hope you're right about June coming around quickly! I'm just concentrating on month-to-month. AF has just left so we are one cycle closer . Having the thyroid business to sort out is helping pass the time too. The anticipation of a new cycle must be a good feeling right now, and yay for your FS throwing in everything but the kitchen sink. Lets hope its a winning protocol

Starf1sh- sorry to hear you've had a rough time lately . I can only imagine how dealing with 2 losses in 6m must feel. Skiing in Japan sounds AWESOME, what a wonderful thing to look forward to! I didn't sample any NZ wine... I'm the furthest thing from a wine connoisseur lol. Got 2 x 1125mL bottles of Jim Beam for $49 though, love duty free! Not that I can drink it right now, but it won't spoil

Crofty- Hi & . Always happy for another friendly face in here! Hope you're staying sane in the TWW & hope this is your lucky cycle . I sooo know what you mean about the preg chair at work, I farewelled many a colleague at my last job. Seemed any chair other than the one I sat in was a preg chair!!

Nat- I'm with MrsDaisy, hang onto hope til Monday. I hope the next scan shows a strong HB and the BT was just off track for whatever crazy reason. I'm pleading with the universe to keep your baby safe

MrsDaisy- sounds like you have alot on your plate! Moving house is such a hassle, but hope you've ended up somewhere you'll love. Fingers crossed you get the green light to start after all those appointments.

Hi to everyone else

AFM- working from home today as I got back from NZ late last night, plus I flew out on Sun, so I get some time in lieu for that. Saw my GP this morning to get the verdict on last week's thyroid US, and its confirmed that I have thyroiditis. Probably Hashimotos, but the endocrinologist will tell me which type when I see him mid April. My GP said that Hashi's is definitely associated with infertility, so this could well be the reason our embies haven't even come close to implanting.

I got such a shock hearing about the Christchurch earthquake while I was in Auckland. My DH who knows nothing of NZ geography, rang my office in a panic to make sure I was OK! He felt a bit silly finding out that I'm on a completely different island lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz, I'm so sorry to hear about your break in Hope there wasn't too much mess and insurance can cover any losses? It is such a horrible violating experience.

Nat, It is so hard when things are not going according to the 'textbook', however it is encouraging that your scan showed everything where it should be Your FS is right, only your 7 week scan will be able to give you any definitive answers, hang in there lovely, it's sooooooo tough and really hoping you get see a nice strong on Monday

EO, Oh hun a BFN definately sucks BIG TIME. Sending lots of your way, take good care of yourself. I recommend lots of hugs with DH this weekend!

Glad to hear you were safe in NZ Lindylou, it such a terrible tragedy. Good on you for persevering with the thyroid issue, will your FS put you on some thryoid meds now or other treatment?

Crofty, how are you going in your TWW?

Sending to ALL the Sydney gals, seems we could all do with them at the moment! Have a lovely weekend, supposed to be a nice one tomorrow.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 25-02-2011 at 17:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone. I've been MIA lately... Just got so much going on in my head...

Starf1sh - I just hate this whole waiting process. I was convinced it was all over the other day, now I'm finding myself thinking that maybe, just maybe my bubba is clinging on for dear life. Hope you have a great weekend!

Lindylou - Yes, thats what I'm hoping too. I can't go through another miscarriage, I just can't face the thought of it. Are you relieved to find something wrong? I always was, then I knew what I had to treat. I hope they can get you onto some treatment quickly so you can get going again... Every day down is one more step closer to your BFP!

Eternal Optimist - That is horrible, and completely sucks. I'm so so sorry you got a BFN this time. Do you think you will do anything differently this time? Do you eat pineapple after transfer? There was only one cycle I didn't eat it and I got a BFN. Every other cycle I've had a BFP (which later led to M/C but thats a whole different problem). I ate it this cycle too, maybe give it a try next time... You never know!

MrsDaisyP - Wow you sound really busy! At least you've got things on to keep you somewhat distracted! All the best for your upcoming ultrasound, hope it all goes well so you can get going very soon!

Well... I'm going ok so far. Have no idea whats going on inside me anymore. Don't know if my bubba is in there or not. I've had no bleeding at all since the other day, but after my HCG drop, I'm not confident of anything. I'm hanging onto the thought that if I did pass my baby, surely I'd still be bleeding?! I don't know. I guess either way I'll know on Monday. Hoping for some sort of miracle but I'm prepared for the worst... Just don't know how I'll deal with another miscarriage.... Waiting waiting waiting waiting....

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your kind messages. You girls truly do make this journey that little bit easier with all the support you have given me.

I only wish I had real life friends who were as supportive as what you have been, unfortunately we keep our IVF journey to ourselves so know one knows what is happening which does make it a little harder i know.

I had lots of nice red wine last night and was able to forget about IVF for a few hours I feel a lot better today and really just want AF to show up so we can go again.

Starfish: Ha ha Oh I thought it was a tac you wore around during the day. I might ask my acu lady about that next time and add that to my mix of things to keep me relaxed. Hope your having a fab weekend – this weather is awesome.

Nat: Oh darl sorry your having a tough time – I sent you a message on your other thread. Funny you should mention pineapple cause I ate it the first two times and got a BFP (later MC) and then had a chemical (which I only ate a very small amount of pineapple) and then missed it all together this time. So I will def be going back to that again next time. I have been tested for EVERYTHING after our MC and it was all clear but FS refuses to test for NK cells as he doesn’t believe in it, however this time I will be INSISTING on adding prednisone to the mix, I also used baby aspirin on my BFN cycle so will keep using this as it supposed to go with the prednisone.

MrsDaisyP: Wow sounds like you have a good plan now for your cycle, its great having dates to look forward to ask it feels like things are actually happening.

Lindylou: Thanks hon, The most frustrating thing about all of this is we are doing IVF due to my DH so i just can't understand why our little embies don't want to hang around as our FS says I am “perfect”. I have taken a leaf from your book and asked my FS for copies of all my MC BT to be sent to me so I can see the actual numbers for myself, he says they are normal but I want to see if there is anything borderline that could need further investigations. So glad to hear your OK after the earthquake, I am really bad with NZ geography as well and prob would of done the same thing. So now you have an idea about what is going on with your thyroid, do you know what type of treatment they are going to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I haven't been on since my bfn earlier this month! I have felt better not thinking about and reading anything related to Ivf and just doing " normal things" but considerin. It's the end of the month I wanted to check in to see how everyone went, especialltly EO!
    So sorry to hear of your bfn! I found it most frustrating when there is no particular reason for it not happening . Our last embie also thawed really well at 90% .
    Chin up and all the best for the future! Enjoy ur wine! I may be back around June for another stim but need to live life without Ivf for awhile!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 25andhopeful For This Useful Post:

EternalOptimist  (28-02-2011)