Closed Thread
Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1508
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post
    They polscoped the eggs and all of them had the correct spindle and DNA (I think that's what they were looking for) and they injected the six best. Got a call yesterday to say that 4 had fertilized!!! That's the BEST fert rate we have ever had!!!
    CONGRATS on your best #'s yet. That's so encouraging. your BFP is with one of the those 4.
    May I ask what is "polscoped" and "correct spindle" mean? Sorry I have never heard of that before.

AFM - FS today said to stop FSH, as my follies today at US were OTT!! There were 20 on each side and he thinks I may get OHSS - eeeek. So no more drugs for me and only 1/2 of my trigger injection ahead of EPU on Monday. Am a tad worried - has this happened to anyone before?

Hope you all had great Fridays and are preparing to enjoy the rain we have in Syd this weekend.

bebe

Thanks
    Reviews
    bebehvala -

PolScoped is using polarised light microscopy to look at the eggs (instead of regular light microscopy) to get a different perspective on them.

Spindle - the mature eggs have their DNA all lined across the middle because it needs to complete one more division to get down to the correct amount of DNA to pass on to bubs. It waits in that ready position until a sperm enters the egg. Also in the ready position are a collection of proteins whose job it is to separate the DNA to it's respective sides of the egg. These are a bunch of fibers that have one end anchored at the spot it's going to pull the DNA to, and the other end anchored on its half of the DNA that it's going to pull. If a spindle protein breaks then it won't be able to pull it's half of the DNA and both copies of a chromosome might end up in the opposite half, causing a trisomy. By using PolScope they can look to see that the DNA is lined up ready and waiting for separation, and get a look to see that the spindle proteins generally appear to be present (but you won't be able to see small breaks though).
    Generally, the older you are the lower the percentage of mature eggs with the correct spindle formation. I think on my last cycle I had 5/8 mature eggs with correct spindles, which is in the appropriate range for my age.

My positive thing for the week - I didn't cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Girls!

Bebehvala- Welcome to our thread! You and your DH have been through so much, I really hope you get that sticky BFP soon . Wow, 20 follies each side! That's definitely in OHSS territory and from what I've read you need to drink powerade galore and eat a high-protein diet. If your hormone levels are too high after EPU, you may not be allowed to have a fresh ET, they'll freeze all suitable embies and then you'll do FET when you've recovered. This recently happened to EO. Fingers crossed that stopping FSH and halving the trigger means you'll release less eggs and lower your risk of OHSS . Good luck for EPU on Mon!

Felicita- yay for starting the pills & potions! The painting is a great idea. My DH & I did a few workshops, one of them with Ken Harris (the landscape artist on TVS), and we loved it. We have 2 paintings proudly framed & hung in our house. We have moved onto a new hobby now (camping) but I hope to make time for painting again soon. I'm sorry you feel that your clinic are looking to give you the boot , I hope the counselling helps you with a new perspective.

Paddlegirl- so pleased for you that your FS is supportive of further tests before cycling again. Sounds like you're getting all the right stuff done. Enjoy those vinos while you have a break!

Nat- 2 jobs, crikey! Been there & done that without kids, so it must be extra tough for you. I hope your return to WFC gives you a much more positive experience than last time. Just a thought- if the clomid isn't working, couldn't you do low dose FSH & trigger shots to O, then DTD? There's a hubber called Miggins who uses this protocol- go to the TTC diaries and look her up. If your RI thinks you guys can do it with minimal assistance, that might be an option for you?

Bella- Wow you must have the patience of a saint being able to wait a month to get all your BT results. Glad that you're enjoying the TCM and the time-out. I must get my butt into gear & go see your acupuncturist!

EO- I hear you on the missing work mojo, I've been like that half the year! I think my productive streak is coming out because its close to year end and I want a clear desk before I cycle again. I seem to work best with short deadlines, I ALWAYS left my school & uni assignments to the last minute. Old habits die hard . Fantastic news that your lining made the grade and FET is all set for Tues . BFP here we come!

Quartz- belated congrats on being PUPO!! Wow your embies really recover well from the deep freeze, 100% cell survival plus hatching is sensational!! Very hopeful there's an extra sticky BFP headed your way

Kelbelle- I see you made the difficult decision to remove your tubes . I think you made the right choice and the next embie will now have a perfect home to snuggle into. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Traveler- belated congrats on your EPU results and awesome fert rate! Sending lots of babydust and growing vibes to your embies

Lola- great to see you back and lovely to hear your new cycle is well under way! Nice work on the weight loss too! Best wishes for a beautiful stim response this time

Taralou- Hi & welcome! I hope your new FS & new clinic are the perfect team to get you UTD next cycle. This is a great place to hang out while you're waiting

Hi to Angela, Crofty, & PinkB

AFM- Whoa that was alot to catch up on! Been out in the field the past week & had a day off Friday. We were supposed to go camping to Jervis Bay but cancelled due to the weather. This rain is unbelievable! Our swimming pool is 1mm from overflowing and half our back lawn is underwater. Our positive story of the week- DH & I went out with friends on Thurs night to see Carl Barron, he had us laughing our heads off!

High time we had a roll call update, will scroll back & find it...
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 26-11-2011 at 12:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    Paddlegirl
    Felicita
    Bella978
    Sticky11
    Kelbelle
    The Time Has Come
    Nat84u
    Lifeonhold
    MrsDaisyP
    Lindylou78
    Crofty
    Taralou

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    EternalOptimist- FET 29/11
    Angelanathan- FET
    Lola77- Fresh Stim- Jabbing
    Bebehvala- Fresh Stim- EPU 28/11
    Traveler- Fresh Stim- EPU 23/11, waiting for ET

TWW

Quartz - BT 3/12

UTD
    PinkButterfly
    Loulabelle
    25andhopeful - natural miracle
    Claire77

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Loulabelle- DD 2009
    The Time Has Come- DS Aug 2010
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 26-11-2011 at 12:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindy that was one impressive update on everyone!! So camping? Do you go to camping sites or off the beaten track? Thanks for the roll call update.

Bebe-20 on each side?! What dose were you on? With that many you will never need to stim again. I hope you don't get OHHS!! I was 'at risk' last cycle but didn't end up with it but I understand it can be very serious and you can end up in hospital. Take good care. I hope felicity answered your question (much better than I ever could) on polscope. It's something that only IVFA offer I think, and is relatively new.

Felicita - thanks for you excellent answers to all our questions. I don't know what we would do without you! I'm sorry that from the sounds of things its been very tough emotionally for you lately. I'm glad you didn't cry this week...but I know that there is only one thing that can end these (ivf related) tears, and that's your very own BFP. I hope the new year brings it to you.

Afm- still got our 4 embys going strong, so ET on Monday. Actually had a dream there was a big earthquake and all our embys fell down a crack in the earth and were lost!!!

Hi all the other Sydney ladies, hope you are enjoying a break in the weather

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou - Thanks for that. I'll look her up and might send her a PM. Yes the RI mentioned that there's something else we can try if the clomid doesn't work. Maybe that's what he's referring to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Felicita - For that explanation. So many things to learn.
    I hope the not crying lasted all through the weekend, and you did something lovely for yourself.

Lindylou78 - Thanks for the welcome, and adding me to the roll call of your thread
    I had not thought about not being able to do ET - so I am now mentally preparing for that possibility. it's not the case, as hubby leaves for 3 months the day after ET, so that would suck a lot!!!!
    Pity you cancelled the camping, but at least Sydney turned it up today. What a glorious day - did the backyard dry up some?

Traveler - Yup 20 on each side. I was only on 112.5 of Gonal F, and cetratide. I just hope those follies have an eggie inside. Last cycle I had about 10-12 follies with 8 mature eggs, of which none made it to the freezer [but we did get one blasty xferred] so I will certainly be happy if we get even just 1 in the freezer . So how your embies? Good luck for ET tomorrow. What a terrible dream to have... good thing we don't get earthquakes in Syd

AFM - I'm nervous and excited about EPU tomoz. Excited as DH is home this time [he missed it being O/S last time]. Nervous about the OHSS risk, and of course that fear that we don't get any good ones and they don't fertilise.

I do hope that all of you ladies enjoyed the cracker weather we had today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to wish Traveler and Bebehvala good luck tomorrow - hope everything goes well!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick one to wish Traveler & Bebehvala a big GoodLuck today for EPU ✨

EO hope all tracking well for FET tomorrow

Afm - start blood tests WED to track for natural FET - the scientist wants to thaw the 4 pack of frosties - fingers x that they all thaw and grow to some great blasties as I've only ever has 2 or 3 day transfer due to low numbers I get from EPU

DH 36 (low motility) - Me 36 (low AMH), TTC since 2009
    ICSI - 4 x
    cycle 1 - Nov/Dec 2010, cycle 2 - Feb/Mar 2011, cycle 3 - Apr 2011, cycle 4 - Jul/Aug 2011 cycle 5 - Sept/Oct 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    all

I have not posted for a while as I have been away with no access to computer.

Well we have our viability/dating scan tom and hopefully it will be good news. I am 8 weeks on wed. I have been getting some pain on one side for the last couple of days so am hoping that it is just growing pains and not anything else.

Have my fingers crossed that we will get some more BFP on this thread as we all deserve it!

Good luck to everyone.