Closed Thread
Page 144 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1508
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Just quickly - EO how did ur BT go today?

Starfish - if ur still reading along with us Sydney ladies, I am so excited for you being PUPO!!!! Congratulations on a fantastic emby

My BT yesterday showed everything is perfect, so scan and BT tomorrow. Thinking epu Monday or Wednesday next week? (does that sound right) am on the positive side of epu but getting evermore aware that the stressful bit is just around the corner.

My positive thing for the week- making the most of really hot baths before I'm PUPO.

Hope everyone is going well!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (18-11-2011)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Paddlegirl: How did your follow up with your FS go? I think booking the trip was a great idea, its very easy to put our lives on hold and focus purely on IVF. It will be wonderful for you to spend time with your parents at Christmas. Awesome news about a new GP, i too found a private one and he is wonderful. It makes a huge difference to have someone else to bounce ideas off and be supportive.

Crofty: Yay for almost starting again, hope AF shows on time for you. I am so excited for this cycle for you. Yep i am a huge fan of the “defriend”, it gets a little too much seeing constant announcements every day. I have a friend who i have been trying to catch up with for the past 7 months but she is always making excuses cause she is “busy” and then DH and i bumped into her grocery shopping on the weekend and she is 8 months UTD. I was absolutely furious and when i called her on it she said she was trying to protect my feelings cause she knows we are having problems conceiving. WTF and she thought that would make it better? I told DH i never want to see her again, which i think he agrees with me on.

Traveler: That’s awesome news that everything is going perfectly hon. Can’t wait to hear your news of your scan today, yep i would think early next week for EPU sounds about right. Oh and i love really hot baths in the lead up to EPU, makes my belly feel so much better and i always hope that it will be the last one i get for 9 months.

Lindylou: How is the PGD research going, i am guessing you have already spent lots of time researching this :-) i know i would be.

Hi to all the other Sydney girls.

AFM: Scan yesterday showed a thin lining at only 6mm, that’s what i get to on a natural cycle so i was really bummed about that as the meds are making me so sick i thought it would of been a lot better, i literally am vomiting every second night and have felt nauseas 24 hours a day for the last 10 days. So i am continuing on the higher dose and go back again Tuesday for another scan to see if that has improved. ET looking at being sometime the following week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO I'm really sorry about the drugs not working for ur lining like they should. Will you still go ahead with transfer?

Afm- had scan today and am so disheartened! I don't really know what I was expecting, and we have decided to only fertilize 6 eggs anyway, but I was just expecting lots of follicles and was ready for epu Monday. Instead they told me I have lots of little ones (maybe 16 which I know is still excellent) but epu later next week. I think the drugs are just catching up with me and I want it all finished.

Sorry that it's all about me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Happy Friday everyone!

Felicita- how was your picnic on the weekend? Have you stocked up on those herbal goodies for your cycle prep?

Traveler- yes the 80% claim really got my heart skipping a beat! As always, there is a disclaimer & they still recommend you have the usual pre-natal checks for good measure. Sorry to hear your follies are smaller than you'd hoped and EPU will have to wait a few days. But 16 is a great number, I'd be over the moon with that!

Quartz- I'll get in early & wish you good luck for FET next Tues (I'm going to be out of the office next week). Hope your blastie thaws perfectly and all goes well

Angela- nice to hear from you! Glad things have kicked off with your medicated FET. Bella found an acupuncturist based in the western suburbs that you might like to check out. The closest clinic to Westmead is St Marys (about 20 min away). I'll forward you the details via PM.

Paddlegirl- we survive my work trips by skyping, we set a time thats most compatible for both our time zones and have ourselves a videochat every day. The first few days are great because we have our own space & I'm usually busy checking out my new destination, then we start missing each other like mad! Your new GP sounds lovely. How did you go at your FS appointment?

Crofty- oh don't you hate those FB announcements! I have a friend who did it at 12 wks recently, but she'd notice for sure if I defriended her. Luckily she hasn't been too full-on otherwise I'd do the 'hide all posts' thing. Well lets hope in 4 months time it will be you announcing your little bundle of joy

EO- OMG, I can't believe that ex-friend purposely avoided you and then you found out she was UTD in such a confronting way . I'd be fuming too! I've had hardly anytime to research PGD, I'm on a roll with my report writing at work and have to keep my head down, bum up if I'm going to be up-to-date by Xmas hols. Thanks for your PM , will definitely check out that link! You've still got plenty of time for your lining to thicken up, I'm sure its going to be perfect and ready to welcome your little embie. Sending growing vibes just incase

Hi to Bella, Kelbelle, PinkB, Nat & all the other Syd girls

AFM- AF has started today, one week early! I've been having 32 day cycles since my chem pg and for some reason last cycle was only 25 days . We were meant to start our Jan cycle on the 27th Dec with my next AF, but now looks like it will be a week sooner. Oh well, maybe its a sign our baby is finally getting impatient to meet us . My positive thing this week is that I actually hit a productive streak at work and finished 4 reports that I've been sitting on since April. Feels SO good to have them off my desk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Knock, knock... hope I can come on in and say hi

I've been away from BH for the past few months as I could not think about babies, IVF etc and needed a good mental break.

I'll go back and do a quick catch up and promise personals soon.

AFM - Started injecting yesterday after the obligatory wait after the miscarriage. It was a bit scary as my progesterone level was rising on the first two days of AF - and my FS was about to cancel this cycle - but phew on CD3 it dropped below 4 and we got the A-okay to start injecting.

to all of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Quartz: How was your lining at your scan hon? I went up to 5 estrogen pills a day yesterday and for the last few days have felt horrible. I have been taking mine all at once as well or I would forget. I have first US and BT tomorrow. Do you get any bloating or lots of CM from the Estrogen?
    My lining was only 8 at my scan - but that it usual so early on and by the time I get to ET the pills have done their job so don't lose hope yet! My ET got pushed back to Wednesday as my FS had something come up - apparently it will not affect my cycle at all. Start pessaries tomorrow YUK!!! oh and yes I do get lots of CM from the oestrogen but it goes away after the first week
    Last edited by quartz; 18-11-2011 at 20:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone

I've just started on my pills and powders for getting my body in tip-top shape for our last IVF.

The picnic last weekend was lovely. The elder niece treats me as family - she comes and asks me for help and the like. We're off to Bathurst tomorrow for her 4th birthday. When I called the younger niece over for a welcome cuddle she surprised me by lifting her feet off the ground so it had to turn into a lap cuddle. The youngest, nephew 14mo, thought a moving soccerball was the funniest thing ever. (The adult company was good too.)

The emotions are still tossing me around a bit. Just when I get one thing sorted a new one pops up. The latest is that it feels like a relationship breakup between me and my FC. (I chatted to one of their counsellors about it the other day, so am feeling a little bit better.) My FC and I have been in a nearly 3 year relationship TTC#1, and it feels like they're going to dump me because I'm not good enough for them. My head knows how things really are, but my feelings throw up this sensation of hurt.

My positive thing for the week: is my art class. I signed up with the community college for painting lessons this term and I'm really enjoying myself. Yesterday I painted a sprig of boronia that I'm quite proud of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome back bebehvela! I think we've all felt that we needed a break sometime. good luck with this cycle. for this cycle

crofty
    , arghh!! the perils of FB!!! Yup that defriend button is a great one!

lindylou - skype is fantastic!! You just reminded me that DH and I used it when we started dating 4 years ago and at the time he was sent by work to Melb, Mon to Fri, they flew him home every weekend. (Since he left that job 3 years ago, I havent used skype). Hooray for the reports being done!!!

EO, as lindy said there is still time for the lining to thicken...sorry to hear you've been so sick on the drugs... for a nice thick lining...

traveler, grow follies grow!!! lots of good vibes for your follies to be nice and large for EPU!!!

felicita, its so nice your nieces are affectionate, glad you had a good time at the picnic hun. Sorry to hear about the emotions going up and down...Being with FC for 3 years and going through such an emotional process - its understandable you'd feel hurt, even though rationally you knoe the reality.... . Thats wonderful about the art class. Something creative, enjoyable and non-IVF related, what an excellent idea!

EO and lindylou, FS suggested more testing - chromosomes for both of us, and for me, to rule out conditions such as auto-immune ?antibodies and thrombophilia. Glad for more testing - feel like I need to know and be armed with as much info as possible before we use our frosty. He said it would take a while to get results, esp chromosomes, and he wants to get them before using the frosty so probably next cycle would be Feb.

Have DH's best friend and his gf here from overseas staying with us, so we're busy taking them around today. We opened a bottle of wine last night with dinner and I had a glass, so this week/ month feels like a break from ivf till we gear up again next year....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

Well I bit the bullet and called WFC to make a nurses appointment. As much as I don't want to go back there (bad experience, long story) I know that my RI will be treating me for any cycle I do and i only need wfc to create my embryos. I won't do a cycle till next year (around march/April I'm thinking) but I just want the initial appt out of the way.

I've still got 8 frozen blasties at Genea, and if we somehow scrape the money up, I'll just do a fet with them. I'm at bit everywhere with all that at the moment... Been working 2 jobs and barely have time to scratch myself!

Hope everyone is enjoying this weather xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I'm still here, just so busy at work around this time of year I don't have much time to post...I have been checking in often to see how everyone is doing

I did have all my BTs done for chromosomes & clotting factors and whatever else they needed 12 vials of blood for! I cancelled my FS appt (should have been last week) as I am really enjoying my time 'away' from IVF and I didn't want to bring it back to the forefront. We are not going to do another cycle until at least Jan/Feb so I figured waiting another month or so to see him wouldn't hurt. I guess I'll find out my BT results then. Still enjoying my acupuncture and some Chinese herbs.

Hope you are all doing well.