Closed Thread
Page 127 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1508
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney girls! Am posting from my phone but am going to attempt personals - apologies if I miss you, I can only go so far back.

Bella - what great news to have a hatching blasty!!!! Much better than mine! Good on you for having an extra day off work to rest. I normally go to work straight after ET but because it was the middle of the day yesterday I didn't bother. Back at work today though - I need to be occupied to keep myself sane!!!

Angela & Sticky - So sorry to hear you are both out.
    Angela my FET are usually 3 BT and 1 US prior to transfer.
    Sticky - I hope you stay around even though you won't be cycling again straight away.

EO - You poor thing to go through one MC only then to discover twins and go through another!!! Hope you are cycling again soon.

Lindy - haha you sound like me with the knicker watch - I start a week after transfer!!! Hope your doubts are nothing but doubts. Fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Nat - if I ever manage to get my own BFP I would def consider a ED cycle.... My eggs are definately not my issue and if I could help someone else through this process that would be nice.

Felicitia - Keeping my fingers crossed ET goes ahead!!!

AFM - day 1 of the TWW.... Nothing at all to report, but so far I'm still sane!!! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nat, while I think it is wonderful you would consider donating your eggs there are quite stringent medical criteria a donor must meet, and a history of miscarriage is an issue which raises red flags. After all the tests have come back the FS will generally give a recommendation as to the suitability of a donor. I have just been through the extensive medical testing with my sister who I think everyone on this thread knows by now is about to donate her eggs to me.

As for...
    Quote Originally Posted by nat84u View Post
    I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have to rely on someone elses eggs...
    Ouch!!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 18-10-2011 at 18:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lindylou78 - I would like to take you up on that offer of providing details of the 3 month antioxidant program if you don't mind.
    I considered signing up to Sharkeys a couple of months ago but the online forms took so long to fill out I discovered that my session had expired when I clicked submit and all my responses were lost so I gave up in a sulk. I've been doing grape seed extract for additional antioxidants that don't appear elsewhere in my diet. I've also been doing CoQ10, fish oil. I didn't do VitE because it's fat soluble and I didn't know enough about it to feel comfortable playing with that one myself and avoiding overdose. I did add VitD which is also fat soluble but a GP at the practice I go to suggested it might be worthwhile. I didn't add royal jelly because I didn't see a brand I trust not to include Salmonella in the preparation. I've also been taking a multi-B recently. I've been on most of the others since March/April. I tried to get fresh blueberry antioxidants into my follies on this cycle too (instead of berry yoghurt or dried/frozen berries) (blue is probably the least common antioxidant in my diet).

nat84u - obviously it doesn't matter now, and in any case I'll be too old soon, but back when we thought IVF would work DH and I agreed to donate eggs (and hadn't ruled out embryo donation either) once we'd had a bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita...I hope that embie gets a wiggle on. The embryologists told us that if the embryo arrests within day 3 it's usually a chromosomal thing in the egg. If it arrests after that, it is usually problems with the sperm. Was the sperm tested for chromosomal fragmentation ?
    Best wishes for your little embie

Lindy...Knickerswatch. I was on knickerswatch for 32 weeks with my son, living in constant fear. Then the minute he was born, waiting for postpartum bleeding to stop to start trying again. All of 2011 has been spend more or less on Knickerswatch, one way or another.
    Now waiting for AF to finish, more Knicker Analyzing, so we can start Sexweek again. It's so bloody stressful, I am sorry you are going through this . IT SUCKS !!!
    You posted about anti-oxidant supplements. Would you share your list with me ? I am on DHEA and Royal Jelly as well as Elevit. Want to make sure my last eggs are at least good quality .

AFM...I miss my little embryo so deeply. Does that sound silly ? I saw him just before ET and he was so cute and perfect . I am just so sad, I feel sometimes as if I am drowwning((

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sticky11 - No that doesn't sound silly at all. I've got photos on my phone of my last 2 embryos that didn't work and I can't bring myself to delete them, even though it hurts when I see them. I think it's quite normal to grieve x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angela and sticky Sorry this cycle didn’t work out for you both.

EO, lindylou and felicita, thanks for your messages about my Dad. I am feeling better about that now. And indeed one thing that I hang onto is the hope that I can place another grandchild in his arms (Mum and Dad already have 5 g’kids from my sis and bro) but of course would be thrilled if we can have a bub.

Felicita, what you said about was inner strength was really helpful thanks. Hadn’t thought of it that way - was a good reminder of coping and how we can cope with adverse events. I guess as with life, its one step at a time.

Felicita, you have been through so much! Your knowledge has come at a price. Thank you for sharing your info with us all. And I am sorry to hear you don’t have a blastocyst yet. But as lindylou said, there is still a chance with this embie, fingers crossed they can transfer it tmrw.

Bella
    , sorry to hear about your frostie not making it. but Hooray for your embie on board! Yes EPU tomorrow is with Dr Janelle McDonald. Thanks for the good wishes. Glad to hear acupuncture went so well for you and that you found such a great acupuncturist! Good idea having another day off if your job is stressful.

PinkB good luck with moving. I hate moving – probably because we have so much stuff (sentimental and bad at culling!)

Lindylou hope AF stays away

Thanks traveler, EO, lindylou, Bella and everyone for the good wishes for getting over my cold. Unfortunately, I still have it, have a runny nose and occasional cough. But Bella’s telling me about her friend having EPU with a cold, and FN I saw on Mon who said she worked in anasth before this said you have to be “really sick” before they cancel. So I am feeling quite sure EPU would go ahead – which was my main concern. But off to bed early tonight! EPU is at 7.30am!
    Hi to everyone else and all around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sticky11 - We were told DNA fragmentation was not a problem with the sperm. It would be excessively mean for the clinic to be offering up dud sperm from their donor program. My understanding of the <8cell = girl problem, >8cell = boy problem was slightly different from yours. And my karyotyping came out OK, but FS doesn't want to check if eggs give same result as white blood cells.
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    ... OK, so we're discussing why the embryos which don't go to term but stop early don't all stop at the same point. We're all aware of the phenomenon since some embies are expected to stop growing in the lab before transfer day, and so stopping after transfer, or after implantation, or after a few weeks or a few months is an extension of this to varying degrees.

First for the super-early stops. An egg contributes more to the embryo than just chromosomes. It has the proteins (microtubules) in place to effect the first cell division. It has the machinery for reading RNA and making proteins. It has pre-formed RNA made from the mother's DNA, and the proteins made from these RNA are more concentrated on one side of the egg or embryo and less concentrated on the opposite side and this difference in protein concentration is absolutely necessary for proper development. Different RNAs set up gradients of these early proteins in different orientations in the egg. The mother's genes and the way the egg has been set up internally have a huge influence on development up to 8 cell stage. The sperm is also important early on in a non-chromosome way - the first division usually produces one cell on the side of the egg that the sperm entered and a second cell of the far side of the egg. The cell closest to the site of sperm entry is more likely to go one to form the embryo, while the cell on the far side is more likely to form placenta. Any changes in these non-chromosome components can lead to changes (including stopping) in embryo development.

Then after 8 cells the embryo starts relying entirely using its own chromosomes to direct protein production and growth, so obviously this is another potential stopping point. During growth the embryo needs to make different proteins depending on the stage it's at. So things might go fine up to a point, and then it needs to use a new protein and discovers that the DNA instructions for that protein are broken, so development will stop.

Sometimes the damage isn't all or nothing, but instead results in a reduction in efficiency of embryo growth and development. If the emby happens to have a lot of little reductions to efficiency then the combined effect may halt all growth at some point, but the exact timing of that depends on which proteins are affected and also the importance of the affected proteins at that particular stage of development.

Also, for some genes it depends on whether you inherit them from the mother or the father (genetic imprinting). If the proper imprinting pattern isn't applied to the eggs or sperm correctly then the embryo will try to use twice as much or none of some important genes and neither of those options end well. The effect on embryo growth will only be apparent when it is time to use those particular genes.

The all-too-common miscarriage at the end of the first trimester corresponds with the timing of the ovaries handing control for maintaining the pregnancy over to the placenta.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finally have the computer fixed...well let's hope so, it's the second time this year it has died...

Boy I have a lot of reading to do, so will have to come back for personals.

I need advice...so after my 11th BFN, my FS phoned on Monday to suggest removing my tubes. I have hydrosalpinx (leaking tubes) and while it was suggested two years ago when I met this FS, he thought due to my 3 previous bowel surgeries, this risks were higher, and continued to drain them at egg collection. We don't know how much fluid is there again by transfer though.

I am making myself sick over this decision...it is so final, and it is naive to believe it would happen naturally (FS says virtually zero) I have 4 frosties left, and if it works, then I am sure I will forget how I am feeling now. I just don't want to regret not doing it either.

Has anyone had this done...and did it result in a BFP?

to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    kelbelle - as with all IVF, don't do something you think you might regret. If I were suddenly transported into your shoes I think I would feel that hey, we have to do IVF anyway and you don't need your tubes for that so if they're getting in the way then get them out. (But DH and I have already had to deal with the reality of it being impossible for us to conceive without IVF, so loss of natural opportunity isn't a factor for me when imagining your decision.)

AFM - OMFG! all of you girls get the credit for encouraging our embryo along. Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou.

Instead of getting a phonecall between 9:30 and midday to say if we were having ET this afternoon, I got one at 7am saying can you get here at 8am we've got an early blastocyst!!!! After 7 stims it's our first ever intact blastocyst!!!!!! So for the first time ever I now feel PUPO instead of simply not pg yet. I'm still crying, but not sadly now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow felicita!!! Amazing news - congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub