Closed Thread
Page 126 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1508
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello Sydney girls,

Traveler - I didn't hear anything about the gender selection issue in the news, but I do agree with everything you wrote. I've also known women who cry when they find out the sex of their baby b/c it's not 'what they wanted'. I want to shake them and tell them to be happy they can have a baby at all!

Felicita - you sure have been through a lot and gained a ton of knowledge and experience. How are your embies? I don't know much about assisted hatching but what I have heard is positive.

Quartz - how are you feeling? Hopefully your embie is snuggling in there nice and tight! Have you taken any time off work?

TTHC - I second what someone else (can't find who now sorry!) said about you being here cheering us all on after what you have just been through. It would be so easy for you just to want to crawl under a rock for a while, but here you are! I saw Dr Matthews yesterday and I was so tempted to tell her "Oh, one of my forum ladies is one of your patients" but I didn't!

Crofty - Hope you're feeling less dizzy and sore today. Are you back at work? Congratulations on getting 11 eggs and 7 frosties! Amazing!!!

Sticky11- how are you hun? I hope you stick around this thread and keep us posted on what's happening with you. When do you think you might be able to use your frostie? I am really hearing you about the $$$

Angela - how are you? Did you POAS again yet?

Paddlegirl - good luck for tomorrow! I hope your cold has cleared up. Will Dr Macdonald do EPU? I think she does Wednesdays? She is my friend's FS and I've heard she is a nice lady.

EO - I was so sad to read about your MC. How devastating. Hoping AF shows sooner rather than later so you can get your FET cycle underway.

LindyLou - Woohoo not long until you BT now! Only 3 sleeps!! How are you feeling? Will you POAS?

Kelbelle - hope you are doing OK - when is your follow up appt?

Lola - How are you going? Any idea when you'll cycle again (sorry, you may have already said but I've only read back a couple of pages)? I read your post about FS's being at a conference in Maui, I thought that's where mine would be too...but I found out from the other Dr at ET yesterday that he actually went to NZ (he's a Kiwi) to watch the Rugby WC semi final!!!

Starfish - Hope the prep for your ED cycle is going well

Nat - hello! What's been happening with you?

hello to anyone else I've missed!

AFM - Well, as I posted yesterday I am PUPO with a hatching blasty . The first one they thawed didn't survive. The scientist said it "literally fell apart" and admitted she wasn't sure why that would have happened. The FS commented that she thought it was unusual. I am obviously disappointed as now if this cycle is not successful we are back to a stim cycle. I went to another acupuncturist yesterday (randomly called him after I couldn't get in to see my other guy) and it turned out he had worked closely with a fertility clinic in Toronto Canada for 15 years before moving to Australia. He told me in Toronto they would let him in to the clinic to perform acupuncture right before ET and then he would do it again immediately after - women didn't even have to move off the bed/chair! He claims that acupuncture increases the success rates from 24% to 42%? He is originally from China and he was FANTASTIC!!!!! I felt sooo relaxed when he finished the session. He also gave me lots of other good advice. If you're in Western Sydney I'd be happy to pass on this guy's details (he is in Glenmore Park). He also has degree in western medicine so he is an actual doctor as well as practicing TCM.

I have taken today off work to rest again - maybe not necessary but I just really felt I needed to give my last embie a good chance to settle in. I don't have a 'relaxing' job and would have been on my feet for most of the day so I just called sick.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO – I was so so sorry to read of your cancelled cycle – how frustrating for you (to say the least!!) to have more delays

Crofty – so glad you have had such a great cycle!

Sticky – so sorry you are having a rough time, its not fair. Is DHEA something your FS is willing to try with your low AMH?

TTHC – glad to read you are doing well, and glad you have great supports around you and a great FS by the sound of it!

Angela – hope your POAS had better news today

Felicita – hope this cycle is a good one for you

Starfish -

To all the PUPO ladies bella, Lindylou,Quartz, sending you loads of good vibes and sticky baby dust – look forward to seeing some BFP’s

Hi to everyone else

AFM – We are still busy with moving and my boss (ie. DH) is keeping me busy with my work I do from home for his businesses. I will be keeping an eye on you all and think of you all often!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bfn for me. I'm ok about it. Going to do my fet trying natural I think. My 3 that are frozen are day 5 and are in the one straw so if they all thaw can they freeze them again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angela...I am sorry it didn't work out for you either.
    DH works in the Embryologie Lab. I have a straw here. It depends what you mean by straw. There is a big straw that hold the little straws which should all hold only 1 embryo in 1 drop of media each. In that case they just take the little straws out. But that is at Genea. With WFC, I don't know which technology they use. Once thawed they cannot re-freeze them, since they actually have to completely de-hydrate them .
    When are you doing FET ?
    Good luck

AFM... I am not taking this very well. Allthough I knew the odds better then most, I feel so shattered and disstraught. As if all my hope had been stolen. Was supposed to go for BT today, but was awake since 4, thinking and crying. I wish we could do another cycle straight away, I fear that's the only thing that would make me feel better. But $$$, so can't
    So lost...
    Good luck to everybody today. Will try to do more personals later.
    Thanks for all your wellwishes, means so much to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    They gave me a card that says they have all 3 in one straw and I may get 1 for fet. Hoping to ovulate that's my problem. Pcos is very unreliable. Don't want medicated cause I'm in Brisbane and can't afford all the scans and bloods etc was hoping with natural it would be only one blood test and would be cheaper. I guess if I'm lucky and say 2 thaw I would get both put back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even with a natural Fet, you still have lots of scans and bloods to monitor where you are in the cycle.
    At our clinic , there are at least 3 bloodtests and 2 scans prior to Fet.
    But they also charge close to 2000$
    Can you get bloods/scans via GP ?
    Wouldn't that be Medicare then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, in response to some of your questions - choosing not to get the daily embryo reports has been a different stress, and I think it might be less stress than previous cycles.

I found out at EPU that they got 11 eggs (I didn't want to know, but the FS blurted it out, whoops!). Of those 8 were mature (which is my average). Of those the PolScope said that 5 were good - which is in the right ballpark for my age from what I've read. That was the last info I received until today (day 4).
    I knew something was up because they normally tell you the ET time on day 2 or 3, and they hadn't yet, so I asked DH for more info today. We now wait for a phone call tomorrow morning to tell us whether we have ET at 2:15 tomorrow afternoon or if it's cancelled.
    Of those 5 good eggs we have 1 emby running a day behind schedule (so might be morula tomorrow or might stop growing today), and 2 that have stopped at 5 and 6 cells. So still no blastocyst for us.

Down-reg cycles stuff up my natural cycles more than antagonist, so I don't think we'll be able to fit our last try in before the end of the year and it'll have to wait until early next year. If that cycle doesn't work FS says to conclude that my eggs are too crap. We also run out of donor sperm after that cycle, the clinic lets you have 3 tries with anonymous sperm before you have to go back to the bottom of the waiting list.
    We've asked my brother and DH's sister to seriously consider donation to us, but they haven't come to a decision with their partners yet. And as much as SIL has generously said instantly that she would do it (without knowing any details or talking with her husband) when push comes to shove I really don't think that it'll come about.
    So it looks like we won't really have a choice but to hop off the ride soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita- not only do you know so much 'theory', its terribly unfortunate that you've been through all that 'practical' to go with it . Thank you for being our resident expert and sharing what you know, it is priceless . Have you tried a high-potency antioxidant program leading up to a stim before? It can work wonders for egg & subsequently embryo quality by reducing the oxidative stress in the follicular fluid. Sharkeys refer to this research paper on their website [Bedaiwy M, Agarwal A, Said TM, et al. Role of total antioxidant capacity in the differential growth of human embryos in vitro. Fertil Steril 2006; 86: 304-9]. If you put the bracketed bit into google, it will bring up the article. I can give you the details of the 3 month anti-oxidant program, its just a few items you can buy online or from a health food shop (ie/ not exclusive Sharkeys stuff). BUT that may not be necessary... you have one embie still kicking along and it could be the one . I just wanted to mention it because I think its premature to write your eggs off if there's another avenue you haven't tried. Sending truckloads of babydust to your embie and hope ET goes smoothly

Bella- awesome news about your hatching blasty! Sorry your other frostie didn't make it though, its awful when that safety net is gone and the prospect of another stim is staring you in the face. I'm feeling a bit flat today, doubts creeping in that it hasn't worked... going to POAS tomorrow night if AF hasn't started . Good work finding a proper acu guy out west, he sounds brilliant! I would love his details if you don't mind PMing them to me.

Angela- the natural FET will be more than 1 BT, but it does differ clinic to clinic. To my knowledge, re-freezing embies can be done but since there is usually some loss of cells in the freeze/thaw, its not good for them to be double-handled like this. My 2 embies were thawed for this FET and I was told that I couldn't re-freeze one because 'it didn't meet the criteria', so I just put both in. I know you've written this cycle off, but I hope your AF stays away and you get a surprise BFP in the next few days

Sticky-

PinkB- thanks for the well wishes! Hope all is well with you & bub.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM- cannot wait for this TWW to be over. Today is the first day I've felt any doubt creeping in, just not feeling 'it' at the moment. Knicker watch will start tomorrow, hope there is no unwanted visit from AF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies...

Felicita - I'm hoping and praying and sending it out to the universe that your one little embie will hang on... Thinking of you xo

Lindylou - Stay away AF!!! I hope you get that BFP very soon!

Once again I'm posting off my phone, just checking in and letting you all know I'm still here waiting for the BFPs to come rolling in!

This may be a sensitive topic, but I'm seriously wanting to do an ED cycle. Actually I'm busting to have a baby so I can hurry up and do an ED cycle. Is that strange? My DH isn't fully convinced, but it's something I've been thinking about ever since I started ivf. I just want to put something back in and help another woman in need. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have to rely on someone elses eggs... Have any of you guys considered it? Sorry if I upset/anger anyone. It's just something that's always on my mind.

Take care everybody xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nat - I have thought that very thing. Obviously I need to wait until I get my own BFP, but DH and I talked about egg donation and also embryo donation. I don't know heaps about it, and obviously it's way too early for us to be making those sort of decisions (or even considering it) but it's on my radar. According to FS my egg quality is good and my AMH levels are fine so if I was able to donate I think I'd be open to it. Having been on this side of the fence and knowing how horrid it can be I'd LOVE to help someone else

Lindy, I hope your knicker watch brings NOTHING!!!!!!! Stay away AF! Sorry you're having a down day but I am sending you loads of ! I'll PM the acupuncturist details to you after this.

Angela - I've done 2 natural FET cycles and had 3 blood tests each time. I know some clinics do more, along with ultrasounds.

Pink B - great to hear from you and so pleased you and bub are doing well. I see from your ticker only 17 weeks to go

Sticky - I know I can't say much to make you feel better but just wanted to send you more hugs