Closed Thread
Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think maybe something more general? Otherwise it'll end up taking up so much room. But yeah... Add a 2ww bit! And maybe like... Next appt, BT, scan?!?! I'm not sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies thanx for all the support! Well I'm offically in the 2ww wait with one frostie transfered (only one left)! Have BT 4th feb.
    It's really hard to do personals on the iPhone, but a shout out to EO hope u cheer up I know it's full of highs and lows, and the lows are the worst!
    Once u start ur new cycle it will create a new focus.
    Also very impressed with everyones high egg numbers, wow!
    I wish I had those numbers, I don't like the thought of another stim cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO, I'm so sorry hun that you are going through this I know how crappy it feels to get so close only to have your heart broken, but I will say this from experience you are stronger than you know right now. I know the temptation is to jump right back in (been there! ) but take the time you need to get some answers, grieve each precious loss as I believe it makes your heart more open to the baby that is coming to you

Nat84u, congrats on your super egg haul and what a brilliant fert rate! your daughter will be getting a sibling soon!

25andhopeful, Whoo hoo PUPO! Rest up lady and let your embie do it's thing!

PinkB, thank you gorgeous

Bubs4kylee, Welcome! Hope all went well with your ET?

Bee, for your upcoming cycle. I also usually need another day off after EPU to physically recover so would definately go for the 'I'm having a procedure' option. you never have to go through this again but if you do I find it is worth having your manager on your side.

It is the eternal IVF question whether to tx 1 or 2 isn't it? I have mostly had DET's and after almost 3 years on this rollercoaster I would more than welcome twins to never have to go through this again! But then again I would also be very happy with 1 healthy bub at this stage!

Lindylou, all the best with your prep and you and DH being in tip top shape for your next cycle!

Quartz, I'm sorry you've had to go through that but great levels are all back to baseline and you will be starting a FET soon
    Re: roll call. I am not a massive fan of the usual roll call formula, have seen it go wrong in a few threads as it is really distressing for those who have a BFP followed by a mc to go from the top to the bottom (usually moved by someone else wanting to be kind but it can be unintentionally hurtful). I think it can work when each person updates their own status in their own time or asks someone else to do it and keeping the categories general is a good idea. Just my 2 cents.

AFM, thanks everyone for your kind words and for thinking of me Everything went pretty well yesterday. I am feeling physically ok this morning and although sad, emotionally I can now look to the future. I will say it does truely suck waiting for a D&C while everyone else is having EPU's! I have also taken the rest of the week off for R&R on the couch, which has worked out great for me as I am a mad tennis fan! Some decisions to make but hopefully cycling again in April after a holiday in March.

to everyone else, looking like a hot week for Sydneysiders, especially those in the west, stay cool!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    PinkButterfly
    Starf1sh
    Quartz
    EternalOptimist- FET Feb 11
    MrsDaisyP
    Lifeonhold
    Lindylou- ICSI Jun 11, starting fertility herbs Feb 11

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Nat84u- ET 26/1 (if BT OK on 25/1)
    Bee- Jabbing, EPU ~31/1
    Jenna33- FET
    Catfroggy?
    Charliechops?

TWW
    25andhopeful- BT 4/2

UTD

Proud Mummies
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Leeny- DD Oct 2010

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Beebeedee  (25-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I've had a crack at the roll call! Thanks everyone for your input. I guess it will be 'suck it & see' for now, and we can always make changes as we go. Please feel free to add/change whatever comments you like beside your names.

Nat- hope you get good results at BT today and hope all your embies are going strong.

Starf1sh- good to hear you're physically OK, and you're taking time off for R&R. I love the tennis too, but DH isn't a fan so I've only been catching a few sets here & there. I'll have to put my foot down come qtr final time!

25andhopeful- Enjoy the high of being PUPO and hope the TWW crazies don't set in too soon!

Quartz- good to hear your levels have almost returned to zero and you can get the next iron in the fire.

Have a great Australia Day tomorrow everyone

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou: Oh honey awesome job with the roll call , very impressed. I love it. How is your DH going enjoying his last few days before starting all his herbs again? Im guessing Australia day will be a big day for you guys as your gonna be on a total health kick for the next three months. Hopefully you are able to enjoy a great day at the beach this time without those bluebottles.

Quartz: Great news about pulling through all of this in one piece darl. It is so great that your levels are dropping quickly for you and you are able to get into another cycle as soon as AF arrives. I am waiting for mine as well, HCG was 2.5 yesterday so FS thinks I should get it this week sometime, it will be great to have a cycle together . I bet you must be so happy to see DH again, have you guys got a hot date lined up?

25andhopeful: How’s the TWW going darl ? Have you had any little symptoms yet? Are you on any progesterone support or is it 100% natural? Have you decided if you’re going to POAS at all?

Starfish: Honey so glad to hear it went well yesterday. It’s such an odd feeling going through one of those, I found the two weeks afterwards quite hard as my hormones were dropping and I was really emotional. I made the huge mistake of gong back to work the following day because I had already had so much time off and I really should of taken extra time off. Enjoy your week at home and the Tennis, hopefully its not too hot for you at home, that’s the only thing I like about work at the moment – being in air con.

So Sydney girls did anyone see the weather forcast for tomorrow? Its going to be 36 in the city so it will be a lot hotter in the outer suburbs. Hoping everyone has a great day off and is somewhere nice and cool.

AFM: I have had my negative day and am now back to being my positive self and preparing for my next cycle. I have my appointment this afternoon with FS to talk about the next cycle and what he can change for me to get those bubs to wanna stick around longer. I am gonna try and get him to give me clexane and progynova. I have read some really interesting stuff about those two drugs and recurrent MC and Chemicals, so heres hoping.

I also wanna say a huge thanks to you ladies for all your support, you have been truly amazing and I am so glad to have discovered BH back in May 2010, I wouldn’t of been able to get through all of this without you all. Love you girls to bits .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

Beebeedee  (25-01-2011)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Had my FS appointment yesterday, he was running so late and he wasn’t really that helpful at all, his excuse for everything seems to be “bad luck event”, i swear i know more about IVF from all the BH ladies and all my googling than anything he has ever told me. I am always the one making suggestions or bringing things to his attention. He said no to clexane and prednisone as i have had all the BT and they came back clear and won’t do a biopsy for NK cells as he doesn’t believe in immune issues.

He recommended doing another stim cycle and after a really big night thinking and reasoning with my head V my heart i have decided to go with my one last frostie. I think i would prefer to pay for a FET and if this comes back as a chemical or negative again then at least the following month when i do a full stil i will insist on clexane and any other drug i can get. Plus DH needs to have a biopsy to get his sperm and he hasn’t been taking any of his vitamins or hasn’t stopped drinking so we should have two months of him behaving before we need to do another biopsy. I am pretty happy with my choice as it makes more sense to me, i am the type of person that needs to be in the right head space and be fully prepared for this. The one thing my FS did say after i was chucking a tantrum that nothing is changing this cycle, he said “if you want to do something, i suppose you can do baby asprin”. Well mate i was gonna do that anyway and didn’t need your approval. I think over the next two weeks i really need to consider changing to a new FS still within my clinic. The only reason this all came about was cause i started bleeding this morning and we needed to decide today if we were going FET or stim, i feel so pressured having to make the decision so soon when i am still trying to get over the chemical result from 2 days ago. What an emotional week, lucky i have the day off today to rest.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day, it is SOOOOOO hot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Australia Day! (and I’m not even Aussie)!!!

EO, what a horrible situation to be in. Rock and a hard place comes to mind. I would be so frustrated with my FS if he wasn’t willing to try anything. Which clinic are you with? Is there anyone on these forums that have had a similar experience with their own FS or perhaps even the same one? I’m on another forum for my clinic and as the forums are watched we find it difficult to say what we really think about the clinics or the staff there. One girl was told off by the administrators just this week – well not really told off but she got some positive action from her post so I suppose it worked in her favour as she is now seeing a different FS. I thinks the decision you have made to go with your final frostie is a good one. I’m not sure I could go full stim again knowing there was a frostie waiting.

AFM, I had another blood test and scan today. My endo is now at 6.1mm which is the thickest it’s ever been. Previously I had 3.5mm, 5.1mm and 5.7mm, so to me this is a good sign (and a good excuse for a mini celebration). My follicles are progressing nicely with sizes on the left looking like 14.7mm, 15.7mm, 10.3mm 16.0mm and 22.0mm. The right side has 18.6mm 14.4mm 19.1mm 15.4mm 15.1mm and 13.0mm. It’s weird as I can feel more discomfort on the left but again the scan was hazy (and I did have an empty bladder this time) the nurse seems to think my uterus is in the way so didn’t get to see what was hidden. I just received the call that I am to finish with the Gonal F and Cetrotide and take my Trigger injection tonight. So I’ll be in on Friday (which works out great as Boss Lady is away on Friday and it gives me the weekend to recover). The nurse gave me all my dates with transfer on 2 Feb and pregnancy test on the 14 Feb, so hopefully will be celebrating a Victorious Valentines day this year.
    Hope you are all having a great Australia Day, I’m out the back swimming with the kids and DH and taking it easy – bikini’s easy in your own back garden with all the bruising I have at the mo!
    Good vibes to everyone. Xx

PS. I tried to update my EPU date to the 28/1 in the roll call but couldn’t I’m not sure how to do it, can someone please update or post me the instructions on how to do it. Each time I try the stoopid thing tells me I don’t have enough characters entered. Grrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    PinkButterfly
    Starf1sh
    Quartz
    EternalOptimist- FET Feb 11
    MrsDaisyP
    Lifeonhold
    Lindylou- ICSI Jun 11, starting fertility herbs Feb 11

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Nat84u- ET 26/1 (if BT OK on 25/1)
    Bee- EPU 28/1, ET 2/2
    Jenna33- FET
    Catfroggy?
    Charliechops?

TWW
    25andhopeful- BT 4/2

UTD

Proud Mummies
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Leeny- DD Oct 2010

Bee- I have updated with your EPU and ET dates. Enjoy your jab free day today and good luck at EPU tomorrow! To update the roll call, you click the Quote button at the bottom of the roll call post, then delete the bracketed bits that appear top & bottom and of course, type in your changes. Wow, do the clinics really read these forums?? Interesting.

EO- So glad to hear you're thinking more positively again . Grrr, wish your FS was more open-minded. Mine also doesn't buy into the NK cells and didn't agree to do the biopsy for them. Total contrast to other FS' I hear about that give you everything under the sun even when you're supposedly OK. Using your last frostie is a good idea, I'd do the same. Baby aspirin may just do the trick, you've got nothing to lose by taking it!

We had a great day at the beach, although it was overcast and cool most of the day down near Wollongong. Certainly didn't hit high 30's like at home. There were no bluebottles, but there was a shark alert at one point ! Everyone was out of the water and there was a plane & chopper overhead. Exciting stuff!

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Girls,

do you mind if I join this tread?

I'm not cycling at the moment so I need to find somewhere to belong

We are taking a break at the moment. We had two failed FET's last Nov and Dec. Both were day 6 excellent looking blasty's one was even hatching. I would love to go again but my sis is getting married in Nov, and i don't want to be ready to pop in a bridesmaid dress. So that's exciting and disappointing at the same time.

I have a beautiful DS from a fresh transfer in 2008.

EO which clinic do you go to, cos I had an appt with my FS on Monday to discuss why the last two cycles had failed and to take a new approach, and had a very similar experience to you!! NOT HAPPY JAN. My DH, who is always mr cool and tells me it will happen for us, even suggested we try another clinic!!!!

Look forward to getting to know you all. Hope you are staying out of the heat. I'm melting!