Closed Thread
Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies- from limbo land to graduates**

I’ve been wondering for ages now why other cities/regions have a ‘Calling all…’ thread and Sydney doesn’t?? So I thought I’d start one…

All welcome, whether cycling , on a break , UTD or already holding your IVF/ART miracles !

I’m on a long break between cycles, yet I can’t seem to kick my BH addiction and stay away from the forums ! I feel a bit lost without a monthly thread to ‘belong’ to, and reading all the other threads just isn’t the same... hoping some lovely ladies out there care to keep me company in our very own Sydney thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea Lindylou

I'm here - in TWW for stim cycle 5 TTC #2

So over this humid weather in sydney - wish we had air con!!!

Look fwd to chatting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have occasionally wondered why we don't have a Sydney thread also. So good on you Lindylou for starting one! How long are you taking a break for? Which clinic do you attend?

I am with IVFA, on a break also until January. It has been a very challenging year for us with 4 transfers which have resulted in a mc at 8 wks and 3 chem pregs So taking some time out to get body and mind in a good place and to let DHEA kick in for the next cycle. Will have been on it 4 months by January and hoping it will improve embryo quality Both DH and I are doing weekly acupuncture and yucky chinese herbs and also planning on enjoying the silly season this year!

PinkButterfly, we are reasonably well acquainted from the 35+ thread , hope the start of the 2WW is going ok for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi PinkButterfly!

Thanks for joining me . The weather has been atrocious, I've just spent 4 days in QLD and came home to this rubbish... wish the rain would take off for a few days so DH can mow the lawns. We have the worst yard in the street right now .

Oh the dreaded TWW, when do you have BT?

You're a real trooper to battle on with a 5th stim cycle, we haven't even started our second yet and I called a time-out. Plus, my DH has to detox for 3m before we cycle so his swimmers are the best possible quality for ICSI. I thought it best to let him eat & drink what he likes for the silly season, then get serious in the new year.

Was your DD an IVF baby? I really hope this is your cycle and you can give her a little brother or sister very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Starfish!

Sorry, just missed your post in my earlier reply. We go to Medica IVF, but I have been thinking about getting a second opinion from IVFA as their FS' all seem to be RE's too. I recently found out I have high thyroid antibodies and my current FS thinks its nothing to worry about, so I'd love to see a reproductive endocrinologist for confirmation.

Looking to cycle again in April 2011, so DH has a full 3m detox from Jan-Mar. We are also planning to enjoy the Xmas period and will be starting the feral herbs in the new year.

Sorry to hear of your m/c... hopefully your next BFP is a super-sticky one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I would love to join this thread too!!
    We are with IVFA. 1st ICSI in Nov...neg and no frosties.
    We just had an appointment with FS and we will start a new cycle mid Jan. .
    I guess we will have to wait and see... For now, we are going to enjoy Xmas period

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies

Im at SIVF and am in limbo land at the moment. DH and I have had all our pre bloodworks etc done, so just waiting for results and then will be starting first IVF cycle in January.

It's great that there's now a Sydney thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney ladies
    Gorgeous day we are having! DH and I went for a walk in Centennial Park this morning and then brunch with our friends and their bubba.

Lindylou, I too have high thyroid antibodies but normal thryoid function and have raised this with FS. Like yours he is not concerned and doesn't think it has a part in why we are not UTD yet. I was pushing him to add prenisolone to my next cycle but he wasn't keen, particularly as I tested negative for biopsy and BT for NK cells. But we are adding saizen next time around. I haven't heard of Medica before, it is a smaller clinic? I was with a smaller clinic for my first 2 stim cycles and a FET but wasn't happy (too busy and FS not willing to consider different protocols) and changed to IVFA where I have been much happier with FS and the clinic nurses are really lovely.

Catfroggy, which IVFA clinic are you with? I have my FS appts and most of my bts at Kogarah, some at Maroubra which is closer to home.

Charliechops, you are in good company for cycling in January! Hope you are one of the lucky ones and get a first go!

PinkButterfly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!! I am with SIVF and just had my first stim cycle in Nov and very luckily got a BFP!! We are 5 weeks in and so far so good.

Lindy & Starfish - I also had high thyroid antibodies which my FS said can be linked to miscarriage and he put me on something called Oroxine. Are either of you on that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi quartz,
    Congratulations on your BFP!! Would you mind sharing a bit more info re: the thyroid issue? I would be interested to ask my FS about it.

What parameters did they use to determine your high thyroid antibodies? Mine were 156 for Anti-thyroglobulin Abs (anti-Tg) and 63 for Anti-thyroidal perioxidase Abs (anti-TPO), and both should be under 60 apparently. (Although these bts were taken over 12 months ago).

In regards to the Oroxine, when do you start taking it/ stop it?

Wishing you a very uneventful pregnancy!