+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Question homemade christmas decos

i am after some ideas to make some homemade christmas decos to put around the house. we only have a christmas tree and i dont want to blow my budget this close to christmas on store bought decos. i want to decorate my loungeroom.

i dont own any tinsel, only 2 decos for the tree which we bought together and thats about it.

what have you done with your kids to make it more christmassy at your house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Paper chains? Sorry my brain isn't thinking much past that tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    kmart is so cheap atm i reckon itd be cheaper going there than making things..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glue some pasta (macaroni, spirals etc) onto some rounds of cardboard and then spray paint silver or gold or any colour really. Add some ribbon to hang on your tree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    pop corn threaded on a string!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i saw gingerbread angels/stars made to hang on a tree with a hole through the top threaded with string but i think by the time you bought the ingredients you may as well spent $5 at target or coles for a box of baubles.opshops also sell decorations really cheap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    at playgroup today the lady brought a 6 pack of balls for $1.50 we then put glue on the kids hands and wrapped their hands around the ball and then put glitter on the ball, then we tied some curling ribbon around it and wella beautiful homemade xmas decos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummaof4 View Post
    kmart is so cheap atm i reckon itd be cheaper going there than making things..
    but its not as much as making them yourself. i dont mind spending a little bit of money on a few things to make them but i dont want to spend over the top amounts plus i want to do an activity while we are home during the week that is fun

Quote Originally Posted by amiee View Post
    at playgroup today the lady brought a 6 pack of balls for $1.50 we then put glue on the kids hands and wrapped their hands around the ball and then put glitter on the ball, then we tied some curling ribbon around it and wella beautiful homemade xmas decos
    that is such a fab idea and an awesome xmas present idea for my parents as well. i am going to most definatly do this next week as we have everything but the balls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to always get creative at christmas time:

An angle made out of paint, toilet roll, pipe cleaners, gliter.

christmas snowman thing turned out cute (made it when i was 8 and i still have it) cut a peice on cardboard into a donut, then weave wool through and around the edge. Use different colours as you go if you wish. Once it finally gets really tight and you cant do it anymore. Tie a not and cut down the sides of the wool (along the cardboard edge) then cut the cardboard and remove it and there you have it a fulffy home made colourfull pompom (make several different sizes to make the head, legs etc) you could just leave them seperate and use them as the baw bawls.

peg raindeer (made it when i was 6 and still hang it ever year) use 3 wooden pegs. line and glue 2 side by side (so it looks like 4 legs) turn the 3rd upside down and glue half way up beside one of the others (then you will have the head, body and 4 legs) use felt and gliter and an eye to decorate. I love mine so much

some very odd ideas but they are fun hope it helps

Oh and another one, we used to go and find pine cones and put glue on them and roll them in gliter. very pretty but a little prickly to leave around the house lol
    Last edited by 1CrazyMoose; 03-12-2010 at 00:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by poschgem View Post
    I used to always get creative at christmas time:

An angle made out of paint, toilet roll, pipe cleaners, gliter.

christmas snowman thing turned out cute (made it when i was 8 and i still have it) cut a peice on cardboard into a donut, then weave wool through and around the edge. Use different colours as you go if you wish. Once it finally gets really tight and you cant do it anymore. Tie a not and cut down the sides of the wool (along the cardboard edge) then cut the cardboard and remove it and there you have it a fulffy home made colourfull pompom (make several different sizes to make the head, legs etc) you could just leave them seperate and use them as the baw bawls.

peg raindeer (made it when i was 6 and still hang it ever year) use 3 wooden pegs. line and glue 2 side by side (so it looks like 4 legs) turn the 3rd upside down and glue half way up beside one of the others (then you will have the head, body and 4 legs) use felt and gliter and an eye to decorate. I love mine so much

some very odd ideas but they are fun hope it helps

Oh and another one, we used to go and find pine cones and put glue on them and roll them in gliter. very pretty but a little prickly to leave around the house lol
    those are some really great ideas. thank you