+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default chemical pregnancy but no bleeding?

is it possible to have a chemical pregnancy but not bleed? anyone who has read my previous posts will know that ive had quite a few positive preg tests in the last week and as of friday/saturday they started to get very pale then negative. my doc seems to think i had false positives but i dont think its possible to have so many on different tests over the course of a week, and the doc was rude and short with me and refused to give me a bloodtest. i am still not bleeding and my af is 6 days late. i still have tender breasts although not as sore as they were last week and i still feel nauseous (spell?) but i have also had some terrible pains in my lower abdo/pelvis and it hurts to DTD. any ideas would be appreciated. intuition tells me i was/am pregnant but yeah i dont know anymore

af is now 11 days late, still no bleeding and nurse on call seems to think i am indeed pregnant.
    Last edited by escapethefate; 06-12-2010 at 18:11. Reason: spelling mistakes and updates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    isn't it disappointing when the dr's are rude and insensitive? They seem to forget just how anxious the pregnancy experience can be and how fragile a person's emotions can be. Sorry to hear the doc wasn't understanding towards you.

I had a chemical pg in July and same thing, BFP initially then gradually getting lighter each day. From what I understand there is no such thing as a false positive. There can be false negatives if the pg hormone isn't high enough but I believe that the leaflet in First Response tests actually say that you can't get a false positive.

It sounds like maybe your body is just trying to adjust to being pg and then if something has gone wrong, it just has to work out what to do now. If you say your AF is 6 days late but you only got a negative on Sunday then maybe things might start to happen over the next couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks. yeah i had a m/c in sept too and the doc i saw with that was lovely. i wont be going back to this doc again. thanks again for your response.

Thanks
    Reviews
    still bfn but no bleeding at all. im so confused and cant get to a decent doctor for 2 weeks coz dp is working away and i dont have a car grr i wish i knew what my body was doing! sorry for the rant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't be sorry for the rant, this is exactly the place to do it! It's the worst feeling in the world when you don't know what your body is doing and you have no control over it. I'm waiting for my m/c to start and yesterday morning had lots of bleeding and little clots (sorry if tmi) but no pain and then it got lighter in the afternoon. I was scared to fall asleep last night in case I woke up in agony and blood everywhere so I slept with a towel under me and the bathroom light on. Nothing happened overnight and now today, only light bleeding and my boobs are still very sore. I know I'm def going to m/c as scan showed baby's heart stopped. The waiting is absolute torture.

Have you ever tried calling Nurse on Call? They may be able to help if you can't get to a doctor. They are really good and all very nice over the phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im so sorry for your loss. i miscarried in sept at 5wks and mine started with spotting, the period like bleeding, then finally the "products of conception" i'd like to have a better wording for it but thats all i know what to call it. sounds so cold..then the bleeding got lighter over the course of a week or so. so maybe your bubby will come soon. i havent called nurse on call yet, but i will today when dd and ds go down for a nap. i still have all my usual preg symptoms and odd fluttering feeling in my pelvis which i had with all 4 other pregs aswell. im just wondering if the depo could have caused my levels to not be present in my urine or something? i am hoping that is just the case. . i hope things get better for you soon, baby loss is the worst thing to deal with IMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm going through this exact same thing. AF is 15 days late had 3 positives and they kept getting lighter and turned into negatives.
    I talked to my ob nurse a week ago, she said to just "wait" it out and as long as I'm not in any real pain I'm ok. But she does want me to continue to test weekly until I do get AF. escapethefate, if possible could you feel me in on what happened with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    duplicate
    Last edited by jeannielynn24; 21-05-2014 at 02:09.