+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Welcome LUCY.. So you have just started your second round? Did you get any frozen eggs from your first round? Thank you for positive words on acupuncture, it sounds great, might give it a try if my first round does not work.

Well Good news, I had my first scan yesterday and Im rip and ready to go, FS was suprised! Im due for egg collection on Monday - 2 days. As soon as I got the call that we were ready to go I instantly become soooo nervous. I cant believe we actually made it this far. I guess with all the negitive preg tests over the years I thought that there would be more negitives with scans etc..

I am due to have my trigger at 9pm tonight 4 hours from now.. Has anyone got any advice or is there anything I should know about the trigger or collection on Monday?

Thanks in advance x
    Last edited by lisa27; 26-03-2011 at 15:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Lucy- no till now I haven't got any recommendation for Menevit from my FS but just before few days my GP told my husband to start taking Menevit and then I read positive points about it on this website and people's experience. We just have bought it yesterday and he has started to take it from today onwards. I hope it does make changes....

Lisa ---don't worry. trigger is easy. It is like the other injections. Don't get nervous. This is good time...you are nearly there.

All the best..

Cheers

Jils

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all... this is a great thread and I am grateful for all of the advice you wonderful ladies are offering. My period is due today and this will be our first round of IVF... I have been waiting for this day for a long time and today I am home SICK. Sick as a dog, can not believe it!! I work with children and I have court a cold of them. Having the next few days off to try and get better... I am so worried I'll get to the egg collection day and they'll say "sorry your sick, cant put you under" ...
    And of course I've been focusing on my period coming that its just not coming... I can feel that it is going to come but it's taking its time. I suppose this is good gives me more of a chance to get better before I start injecting.
    I'm very nervous... a few weeks ago I was excited to just get started, now I am nervous... so nervous, what if this doesn't work......... the dread question that looms.....
    cautiously optimistic...
    Good luck to all new IVFers...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vikki - I like the advice that the first round is an experiment... My FS is starting us on 125 lowest dose possible. To be honest I feel a little annoyed... why waste everyone's time, especially mine and my DH's and just do it at least the next level higher. However, he is the Dr and I suppose I just have to go along with it... I am completely nervous about each stage and making through each stage but I have completely prepared myself that this first round/ cycle is an experiment and highly un-likely to work.
    Have a great day ladies...
    Last edited by RTT; 29-03-2011 at 10:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey just wanted to say hi and thanks for alll the hints and tips on here
    im a newbie and will be starting ivf soon fiance and i had all our tests done last week. just waiting now to hear back from fetility S A as to what the game plan will be and when we can get started
    but finding all you lovely ladies on here offering each other support and help is very encouring as i am so very nervous about staring all this but im sure if all you strong lovely ladies can go through all this over and over and still some out smiling and supporting each other then i can give it a go as well

Thanks
    Reviews

Question Newbie - About to have first consult and confused and afraid!

Hi All,

I am so glad I finally managed to navigate the site to this thread.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello and thank you for creating this for people like me who don't know what to expect and are feeling a bit fearful.

I had an operation last month to remove polyps and at the same time had a test which revealed that both my tubes are blocked.

I am 34 (35 in a month) and my husband is 37.
    We have our first consult this Friday at Melbourne IVF and whilst I am excited to get the ball rolling I also know that its going to be a roller-coaster. I have already come across people who just say, "well it cant be too hard", I didn't respond because I have no idea other than what I have read on the forums and various websites. But I didn't appreciate it much as she already has two children.

What I would most like to know at this stage is this. Does a cycle give you more than one chance to conceive? I am wondering how much its going to cost. I know that there are no givens but my sister thought that one cycle could mean numerous implantations (at various stages).

I hope this makes sense (I really don't know the terminology yet) :-)

Anyway I hope someone can help me clear this up.

Cheers,

Allie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The costs varies, depending on the clinic and what you are having done. I have a feeling that Melbourne IVF is related to IVF Australia, where I'm going to, here in Sydney. My first cycle cost $7540 (IVF with ICSI) and we got $4900 back. The anethetist cost $440 on top of that and I had to pay my health insurance excess.

You only get one embryo transferred back each cycle. They stimulate egg growth whilst suppressing your natural hormones, collect all your eggs, then 3 or 5 days later, transfer one embryo back into your uterus. Thats assuming there are no complications. Obviously this is the short answer to your question.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Severe Pain - Egg Removal

Hi alll again,

Just thought I would give you all a quick update as to my progress. I had my egg removed on Monday (2 days ago) and ended up stayng in hospital the night because i reacted to the drugs they used to sedate me. I believe you are uppose to be half awake through the procedure but I went straight out to it. My FS said that I even stopped breathing as soon as the gave me the drug. Dont worry this is very uncommon though. Because of this I could not get up with out feeling faint and needing to throw up and actually collapsing when I got up to get dressed and go home from the hospital. Im not feeling like that now, however they did retrieve 20 eggs from and said that this is a large number esp for someone of my size (52kg) They said the smaller you are and the more eggs that are taken the more rist you have of developing HS. I wish I had known this before. I dont actually have it and I hope that I do not get it. I have been bed riden for 3 days. It hurts to wee, walk, pass wind.. Its HORRIBLE!

Just a warning to everyone out there doing their first round of IVF, once you have your eggs collected and you have severe pain the best thing to use is heat packs, endone tablets and lots of water, also remember if you have trouble breathing or get the shoulder pain when you breath in - just put an ice pack on it and sit up and breath really deep breaths. A nurse showed me this and I wish I had none sooner.

Well i am due to have my embryo put back in on Saturday 3 days from now and my FS thinks that my tummy needs to recover fully (meaning freezing for 6 to 8 weeks first) Very sad about this, I have come so far and may have to wait another 2 months. We will see what a scan tells us Friday (2 days from now) Oh also after day one out of the 20 I had only 9 left.

I hope you are all well and good luck. you all have your angels soon and I can get out of this bed real soon

Mwah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, I'm a few days behind you Lisa so it's interesting to hear how you went. Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic, that's frightening, and I know you must be devastated that you know have to wait until they can emplant, it's the waiting that drives you nuts isn't it ... on the upside I would hit the wine if I were you, small consolation but a consolation all the same?
    I started on a dose of 300 of Puregon (I'm 41 so apparently they give you higher doses if you're older), and on the first scan they said I was doing pretty well for a 'woman of my years', then it was dialled down as they thought there may be risk of hyperstimulation and they'd have to bring me a day forward. Anyway, it's all balanced out and we're set for EPU on Friday, last injection tonight, w'hoo!
    I have to say I think I've been pretty lucky in terms of side effects. I'm fed up with having to snort, inject, be scanned or have a blood test and my lower abdomen is quite uncomfortable (am I the only one who has had excessive wind in this process? Embarrassing!) but I can't really complain as it hasn't seemed as tough as I thought it was going to be, easy to say at the end of the first round I suppose. I'd be exhausted if I had to do it over and over. Oh, and the thought of sex couldn't be further from me mind, which is a bit frustrating for hubby but he'll just have to suck it up!! I have 22 eggs in total but they say 8 are too small to be viable, they tell us straight after the collection how many viable eggs they got and then set the eggs and hubbys swimmers to work over night (I'm thinking candle light and Barry White in the lab!) we find out the following morning how many, if any, were fertilised.
    Allie, it depends on how many fertilised eggs you get as to whether or not you get more than one chance to concieve per drug cycle, they implant one and freeze the rest for later. A friend of mine who had two IVF babies said that she only got one fertilized egg each time so she had to do 3 lots of drugs cycles for her first son and four for her second, I don't know how she had the strength (or finances) to do it that many times, but I guess you just do? I'm praying for 4 so we can have a few pops as I've been told it's unrealistic to think that the first one will work, altho it does happen. With the odds being 25% I figure hit 4 has to nail it, right?!
    I'm so excited and nervous at the same time, you don't want to build yourself up in case you're disappointed but you don't want to be negative either ... this is an insane game ... ;o)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI All,

How is everything going Lizzie? I suspect you have had your eggs collected, how many did you get and have you implanted yet??

Im still in quite alot of pain from my egg collection. Its been nearly 2 weeks, ARHHH and it is def driving me insane. I got my period today so only one more period to go and then I can have a little turn of my emryo's soooo excited. I can only pray that it works, cause gosh i have been dragged through the mud with so much pain after egg collection. I went for an ultra sound last week and my ovaries were still 10 cm's in size. Very sore!

I hope everyone is doing well..

Lisa