+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I'm a new member and have spent lots of time trying to read through old posts for tips and support.
    Started my first IVF cycle yesterday and will give myself my first needle tonight. Not looking forward to it (big hater of needles) but gotta do it!
    Finding it hard to find a happy medium between totally excited and hoping for the first round to work and not getting my hopes up too much and expecting a long road ahead.
    Taking it one day at a time I suppose is the key but boy do the days drag on now!!!
    Has anyone got any tips on nutrition for me during this time? Have had a look on the net but the info is a little overwhelming.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to loveabubba For This Useful Post:

Zebby  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Going to start the new cycle.......I hope this is the last one

Hi All,

I am a new born on this website. I have done couple of IUI and 3 times ICSI IVF cycles. We have both female/male infertility. I have PCOS and my DH has abnormal sperm shapes. I just have taken the appointment with Dr Gareth Weston (Melbourne, Sunshine – Monash IVF).

Anyone has any recommendation or want to share anything with the same kind of problem?

Thanks

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loveabubba View Post
    Started my first IVF cycle yesterday and will give myself my first needle tonight. Not looking forward to it (big hater of needles) but gotta do it!
    Has anyone got any tips on nutrition for me during this time? Have had a look on the net but the info is a little overwhelming.
    I used to be a real needle-phobe too, but have even started watching the needle go in! DH does it all for me. Try taking the medicine out of the fridge for 15min before doing the shot. Some people have a reaction to the injection - try icing the area beforehand. I'm of the strong opinion that the first cycle is an experiment. My FS started me on the lowest doses and I only ended up with 3 eggs.

Re nutrition - make sure you drink lots, especially if you are using crinone during your TWW. Even drinking lots, it still made me constipated (sorry TMI!), so I would recommend investing in a jar of Metamucil.

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeJu's Mum For This Useful Post:

KandP  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I have been reading all the posts over the past few days and cant help but sit and cry, but I have also been feeling some sense of relief as I start to know that I am not alone. My DH and I have been trying for our first child for 3 years now with no success. We are both in our 20's and very healthy. We underwent alot of tests and FS said its unexplained which makes things so much harder, all I would like to do is pin point what the problem is and focus on that.

We have started our first (and hopefully last) round of IVF. I have been on injections for a week now and have my first scan in 2 days. I have put on so much weight and now i am feeling a lot of pressure in my lower abdoman. It even hurts to cough!!

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and hope that one day soon we can all experience the joy of a little one in our lives

Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzieG View Post
    Hiya all, I'm so glad I found this thread, it's great to be among my people!
    We are diagnosed with unexplained infertility, I had a lap/hysteroscopy and all is clear, egg count came back good for my age (41), DH has a high percentage of abnormal sperm which inceased by 7% after coming off caffiene and going on Menevit. The FS said if I were younger he would tell us to go away and try for another year, but I'm not so here we are.
    We are in week 3 of our first 6 week cycle, I've been sniffing Syranel for the past 5 days and it's making me a bit 'switched on' (I'm being kind to myself, it's making me down right aggressive but am managing to contain it!), and have sat here reading all this posts crying at the unsuccesses and thinking how incredibley strong you all are. Perhaps that's just a bridge I have to get over before I can get the hell on with it and still function normally because at the moment, even in these early days I'm finding it quite exhausting.
    Anyway, I'm positive (as my friend said, if you don't believe it would work why would you bother to try?) and realise that it's not going to be a skip in the park unless we manage to be two of the few who are lucky first time. I read that acupunture can increase your chances so DH and I are off for our first appointment this morning.
    Nice to see I'm not the only newbie who's a bit niave on the subject, there's just so much information but it's nice to have some people to hold hands through the process. DH is wonderful but not a big talker and I'm away from my closest friends so it's great to have this forum for something to turn to.
    Good luck everyone, we can do it! .... oh yes we can.
    Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for your post, im very new to this.. I was just wondering how you went with the acupunture? I to am keeping very positive about the whole IVF process, after reading a few posts and see how many times people have tried its now kinda hard to stay positive
    My DH is very quiet also, its really hard to talk to him about the positives and negitives.. he is under the impression that everything is going to work out, lets not jinx it! I just want to talk none stop haha.

Well I hope all is well with you. Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply VikkiB. Actually went ok with the needle and was a lot better than I expected. Waited til DH came home from work just in case but didn't need his help so very proud of myself

I am on a dosage of 150, is this a low dose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started off on Gonal-F (150) last time, and my FS later said that was the lowest dose. that its the right amount for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lisa, it sounds as though we're in the same boat! I understand completely what you are saying about your DH, mine doesn't seem to have the need to discuss it, as far as he's concerned we're going through a process and he has nothing to really say about it, it's just the way he is but it is frustrating when you're the one having to physically go through it, it's difficult to focus on much else. I also found this forum quite disheartening at first but then realised that all those people who have been successful are busy taking care of their babies and haven't got much time to check in here to share the positives with us lot!

Time will tell with the acupuncture I guess but it's certainly very relaxing, I love it. DH isn't fussed but as his swimmers are a bit 'challenged' he's happy to try anything ... funny story, last Saturday we were having acupunture at the same time and I suddenly heard him in the next room shout 'OH .... I wasn't expecting that one' - I was trying so hard not to lol and work out where she'd stuck him to make him jump like that. It was on the bridge of his nose, could have been worse! hehehehehe.

I had my first scan this morning on day 6 of injections and all is looking good so far they tell me. How slow do the days go these days?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen, I hope it was just spotting and nothing else, do let us know how you're doing?

I have also been told not to eat icecream, and fruit or salad from the fridge by my acupuncturist. But upsetting really, I'm a big salad eater to conter-act the the fact that I'm also a big ice cream eater, it's all about balance afterall!

Sending lots of love and positive vibes to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lizzy,
    Acupuncture, relaxing? I would be so nervous and tense with someone putting pins in body, ouch! Poor DH, being pinned on the nose, but very funny hahaha.
    Wow looks like you are only one day ahead of me. I have my first scan tomorrow.. Great news that everything went well with the scan. I am so nervous about tomorrow, I dont think I could handle any bad news at the moment. Ohh Are you experiencing any lower ab pain at the moment? I am, it even hurts to wee It would be lovely to hear them say tomorrow, ok your all ready to go.. lets do this today lol.

Lizzie, if you dont mind me asking how old are you and DH?