+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to thread and am loving reading everyone posts. We will be starting our very first ivf cycle next Thursday and am a little anxious about it. Hoping to find support from 'comrades in arms' on this forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbed to thread...have loved reading everyone's posts. We will be starting our very first ivf cycle next week and I am a little anxious to say the least .

OptimisticAussie, good luck and hope you are feeling ok after your fall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, this is my first time commenting on a forum We have been TTC for 4.5 years and have decided to go through IVF finally. We are in the 10% unexplained infertility signed up for June cycle, commencing injections twice daily from end may. Im concerned as my TSH (thyroid test) had come back low so dr has lowered my dose (I've been on same dose for 3 years). I cant redo TSH test until 20th may (6 week wait) and this result will determine if we can go ahead with the june cycle :/
    This is a stressful wait but I have been going through acupuncture in the lead up to IVF and have found it very helpful in keeping me calm
    Good luck everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck girls. I'm reading this while bfing my 7 month old who was the result of my second IVF cycle. I'll be going back to try for a sibling in a few months. The advice that I'm giving myself this next time is to try to make peace with what I can't change, control or manage - egg numbers, fertilisation rates etcetera - and focus on what I can - taking folate, getting acupuncture, diet and exercise. I found that I used a lot of energy on things that were totally out of my hands.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

phee83  (11-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    The advice that I'm giving myself this next time is to try to make peace with what I can't change, control or manage - egg numbers, fertilisation rates etcetera - and focus on what I can - taking folate, getting acupuncture, diet and exercise. I found that I used a lot of energy on things that were totally out of my hands.
    This is great advice, focus on those things that are actually in your control and let go of the things that aren't. The results will be the same regardless of whether or not you stress and worry about them so give yourself a break!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Good luck girls. I'm reading this while bfing my 7 month old who was the result of my second IVF cycle. I'll be going back to try for a sibling in a few months. The advice that I'm giving myself this next time is to try to make peace with what I can't change, control or manage - egg numbers, fertilisation rates etcetera - and focus on what I can - taking folate, getting acupuncture, diet and exercise. I found that I used a lot of energy on things that were totally out of my hands.

thats exactly how we survived 6 years of ivf to get our dd.... best advice .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    We are about to begin our IVF journey. I have 3 boys from a previous relationship, and my partner doesn't have any. We'd love a child together, but I had a tubal ligation 5 years ago (thinking all men were ******** lol).
    So now here we are. We are just completing police checks, counselling etc and are set to begin 1 September.. I've pored over this thread, and I have to say thank you to all those who have posted on here. As we were considering our options, this thread answered all our questions.
    I have posted this question on the over 40 thread, but should I start on the list of vitamins and supplements? My acupuncturist there in melb is very well known for her fertility treatments. She mansions about seeing her and she will 'prep' me for ivf. Has this helped people?
    Nervous and excited now-all at the same time, but very realistic that we may not be lucky...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkitek View Post
    Hi Angie,
    I see some lovely people who know much more than me have explained the antagonist cycle. It is very short which surprised me, I start with gonal f injections for six days, then orgalutran as well for three days then probably a scan looking for follicles then. The nurses gave me a printed sheet of the whole thing but as such a newbie I still am struggling! I am so worried I'll forget something or get it wrong! How long do you take your first drug for?

Hi Jen 1978, how exciting! I think I would be a nervous wreck! Good luck!

Hi MGC Bertie, I'm so sorry to hear your news

Gill x
    Hey Malkitek,
    That's the exact same regime I'm about to start on.... How did you go with it all? I'm a newbie and still trying to work my way through it all! Thank god for this forum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies Glad to have found this thread. About to start the IVF Journey and have no idea what is going to happen just know it will be a roller coaster ride as is the whole TTC journey. So much information to read and take in. So far been 2 year's TTC was diagnosed with PCOS and DH all fine 6 rounds od Clomid one cycle with an IUI and 2 cycles with OI (trigger shot) so now hoping IVF will be the answer for us to create a little miracle. Due to start on Synarel on 14th July. Has anyone else used Synarel? I've heard it's not so pleasant. Not looking forward to it.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used synarel on my latest cycle. It wasn't pleasant but certainly bearable! Better than some of the other medications!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (07-07-2014)