+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the above advice.
    I got the phone call to say how many little ones fertilised today and my day of transfer. Out of 14 eggs I have 4 (or at least 1) that hopefully will be hanging around until Saturday morning (day of transfer). I'll challenge the next step when it comes to it.
    Milly..Good luck with the phone call tomorrow, all the best.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen1978 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Milly888- 18 eggs, wow! And didn't hubby do well too! Best of luck

T1gger- must be awfully hard if needle phobic! I did my first gonal f one last night and I spent two hours worrying I wasn't going to be able to do it and then I didn't even feel it! It's a very fine needle on a pen type thing. The nurse suggested I rest the pint on the skin first and its gets used to the stab feeling and that definetly helped.
    Emigrating in the middle was a HUGE decision as I am old! (Well wasn't when we started!) But they were soooo slow and we have added problem that hubby works offshore. Since coming here they have been fab and worked around him, and also did genetic tests that we hadn't had before as my hubbies azoospermia could have been due to being a cystic fibrosis gene carrier. Turned out he he has an error not a fuakt (?) but I am a carrier! Whole can of worms, but at least we've the all clear to start and have started something at least rather than just seeing doctors!
    Good luck everyone, reading your updates really helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately only 1 egg fertilised out of the 18 :-(

Has this happened to anyone else? We're looking at a 3dt tomorrow if embryo is ok overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Milly888... very sorry to hear that only 1 fertilised out of that huge amount. I've never personally had a huge amount of eggs collected, but from everything I've read over the past 18 months, it sort of seems like things usually go by halves, e.g. 18 eggs collected, roughly half would be mature (9), roughly half would fertilise (4-5), roughly half would make it to day 5 (2-3). So only having 1 fertilise does seem below the average, but you never know, there's plenty of stories on here of people getting a baby from just 1 fertilised egg on their fist IVF cycle, so that may just be you too - fingers crossed.

But lots of people will attest that the first cycle is like a trial for your FS to get your meds right, so I imagine that next time, your FS will lower your dose of Gonal-F, in order to get less eggs, but have them grow more calmly and evenly, and this should help egg quality and fertilisation rates.

In the meantime, your little embie might just be chugging along nicely :-))

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you MGC, I really appreciate your thoughts. I'll chat to my FS about decreasing the gonal next time.

Our little fighter was transferred today after growing well over night (3dt, 6 cell, grade 3 embryo). It's not amazing quality, but viable so we're feeling positive, both about how this cycle has turned out and where to go from here.

I hope that if our issue up until now has been sperm cracking through the egg, then implantation might be ok?! I know that totally simplifies things, but I'm taking comfort in that thought atm. FS said the sperm surrounded the eggs and tried hard to get in but couldn't, which indicates egg issue. How to soften my eggs?!

x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly888 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milly, so happy to hear you got an embryo back. I've emailed my nurse everyday since egg collection just because over thinking got the better of me. Our thoughts consume us and we can get taken away from what's happening here and now. All the best Milly, good luck and fingers crossed.
    I go in for transfer tomorrow morning and I've been driving myself crazy to try and find the do's and dont's for the days after. I figure if I do the things I usually do except the exercise I'll eat healthy and rest.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen1978 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Milly888..... going from what your FS said, I guess the best things next time is to do ICSI, where they inject the egg with the sperm. The reason they'd prefer to do IVF is if you have lots of sperm then the strongest swimmer will break through, giving your best chance for fertilisation and a pregnancy. But if the zona around the egg is thicker than usual than ISCI may be the way to go next time. As might be "assisted hatching", where they make a slightly larger hole in the embryo, so that it can hatch out without having to try to get through a thick zona.

But, in any case, you're PUPO now, so fingers crossed that this one works.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheers MGC and Jen1978.

Jen I hope transfer went well and that you're not going too crazy now the wait has started! I have OHSS so am quite distracted from the wait at the moment. Although, I still tested this morning to see whether the trigger shot was out of my system! It was, so any positive (wishful thinking) result from here should mean good things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milly.. Sorry to hear about OHSS. After reading through some of the symptoms. I was getting a little paranoid that I maybe had it, I had to stop reading everything. I'm very thankful at this point. I'm not tempted to test yet. I think I need the nurse to tell me rather than a stick, I'll believe it if it comes from her!
    Wish you all the best.

Last edited by Jen1978; 09-05-2013 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    congatulations x