+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had acupuncture after egg pick up (from memory it was the day after) which promotes healing and helps the body to recover from the drugs etc. I also had it immediately prior to egg collection (ie the morning of). I actually had A LOT of acupuncture all through my cycle - twice on the day of embryo transfer!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    I had acupuncture after egg pick up (from memory it was the day after) which promotes healing and helps the body to recover from the drugs etc. I also had it immediately prior to egg collection (ie the morning of). I actually had A LOT of acupuncture all through my cycle - twice on the day of embryo transfer!!!
    I have had reflexology done in the past (fell preg naturally first after the first few sessions) so I think maybe I should give acupuncture a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen1978, best of luck for epu tomorrow! That will be such a milestone. Mine is on Tuesday morning. Assuming all goes well with fertilisation the transfer will happen on Monday week, so a 6 day transfer. Normally it would be a 5 day transfer but my clinic is closed on Sundays!! I guess they're strong embryos if they last to day 6. That's jumping the gun though, as there is lots that needs to happen before then

I know what you mean about feeling like this only happens to other ppl! It feels surreal hey. How was your trigger shot? Mine is tonight and I wonder whether there are any side effects before epu x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly888 For This Useful Post:

Jen1978  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Milly,
    I'm so excited for you, day 6..wow! Fingers crossed for you.
    To be honest I haven't even thought about day 3 or 4 or 5 after Egg Collection, it seems my brain isn't functioning properly lately so anything past the next 24 hours is a miracle! I made my brother take me to The Astor for a movie last night after my trigger shot so I didn't have to think about anything. I haven't had many side effects from any of the injections, maybe hot flashes early on and being a bit moody. I did feel a bit of cramping after the Ultrasound Friday but I think it was just the Ultrasound after effects.
    Last night before bed I felt a bit bloated and today has been slow going, walking at snails pace but it's not a pain. I can't think of any other side effects, not saying there isn't any just for me right now, very little.
    I wish you all the best for Tuesday Milly. Hope your shot tonight treats you well

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen1978 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkitek View Post
    Hi Angie,
    I see some lovely people who know much more than me have explained the antagonist cycle. It is very short which surprised me, I start with gonal f injections for six days, then orgalutran as well for three days then probably a scan looking for follicles then. The nurses gave me a printed sheet of the whole thing but as such a newbie I still am struggling! I am so worried I'll forget something or get it wrong! How long do you take your first drug for?

Hi Jen 1978, how exciting! I think I would be a nervous wreck! Good luck!

Hi MGC Bertie, I'm so sorry to hear your news

Gill x
    Hi Malkitek,

Thanks to everyone here for being so helpful.

I too have a printed sheet with extra scribbles from the nurse all over it. It says 12.5.3.1 Patient instructions for Egg collection cycle. Orgalutran/Cetrotide Protocol - which doesn't really explain it. Even the FS got confused with drugs required for my protocol. If she can get confused its not surprising I am too

Step 1 - Ring clinic day 1 of period

Step 2 - (?extra injections - scrawled) - commence FSH injections
    Puregon(circled) but haven't been given this. (Elonva 150 Day 2 - scrawled)

Step 3 - Day 6 BT & US
    (Scrawled - 1 Bld test list, 2 US List, 3 Nurse Co-ord list)

When leading folicle approx 14mm - start Orgalutran daily

Step 4 - start daily inj Orgalutran

Step 5 - Trigger - Ovidrel on day of second US

Also given Oral Antibiotics for around EPU time.

I am really needle phobic and my GPs nurse is going to do my needles and a rellie my trigger if I can't get to a GP due to timing (if not the Hospitals Emergancy department will have to do it)
    I need hubby as support person to have the injections so he can't do it and there is no way I could even consider doing it myself. DH's work have allowed him to come in late everyday as long as he makes up the time to help me through the needles.

I think this is the protocol which requires the minimum amount of needles so I requested this from my FS. But if anyone knows a cycle where there are even less please let me know and I will request this for my next cycle. People mentioned on an old thread getting more eggs from Elonva which is important for me. I was just really relieved when I saw FS that she was taking my suggestions on board - and then telling me why/or not she did/didn't agree which makes me trust her all the more

babydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, epu went well this morning. 18 eggs were collected - yay- and DH'S swimmers look good (must have been the no-alcohol, increased vit c, fish oil, coq10 and sperm tablet, as his numbers were too low last time). Feeling very crampy now, but generally well. Next step - fertilisation numbers tomorrow

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly888 For This Useful Post:

Jen1978  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen1978 View Post
    Hi there,
    I had my appointment to check out what was going on with my Hormones and follicles this morning, I was pretty nervous but excited. I got a call from my nurse this afternoon to say that I will be taking my 'Trigger' injection on Saturday night and that I'm booked in for Monday morning for Egg Collection. WOW... I said to my sister today that it doesn't feel like this is happening to me, almost like this only happens to other people. Luckily she knew what I was trying to say (feel like my brain has been out there on it's own lately), I feel like I haven't made much sense!
    So I do have a question, just wondering if anyone has any tips about what is the best thing for the body after Egg Collection, besides the relaxation and taking it easy? Maybe its a silly question?
    Hope everyone out there has had a good day
    The only silly question is one that is not asked. Sorry I don't know though I' sure one of the other lovely ladies will answer that one for you. I have read on the forum that ladies use hot packs/waterbottles to help with pain and only panadol not other pain meds. I'm sure someone else will give you more info though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to T1gger For This Useful Post:

Jen1978  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly888 View Post
    Hi all, epu went well this morning. 18 eggs were collected - yay- and DH'S swimmers look good (must have been the no-alcohol, increased vit c, fish oil, coq10 and sperm tablet, as his numbers were too low last time). Feeling very crampy now, but generally well. Next step - fertilisation numbers tomorrow
    I bet you are relieved to have the surgery over and pleased about DHs sperm. Congrats on such good numbers. Here's to a high fertilisation rate! and a sticky one. I hope/dream for half of the number you got.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by salma77 View Post
    Hi All I could be going down this route soon. Just want to know if anyone has had reflexology done to help with the process as everyone has mentioned acupuncture (hubby will never do that as he is petrified of needles).
    My FS said that accupressure (no needle version of acupuncture) is good but really anything to relax you is good for the Egg. I thought the acupuncture was for the woman rather than the man though but I'm assuming you want to do it together so accupressure is what I might do as I'm the needle phobe in our house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    malkitek

We too had started in UK and then migrated to Perth and had to start again. Its hard isn't it!

Babydust to all