+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Anecza

So sorry about the pregnancy test. I think we need to meet up and soon. If you PM me I will give you my mobile number & more info (I know how to reply to a PM but not how to find someone). I must say it will be nice for me too as we are relatively new to WA and don't know many people and my best friend is hiding from the world right now (suspect depression - but we hear from her DP). Also I do casual / temporary work so don't get to know people through work. It would also be nice to meet a fellow patient of Concept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen1978 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I almost feel like an imposter... I follow everyone's updates and chats and get so much good advice. So thank you. I started synarel on the 7th of April, I have my appt. with my nurse tomorrow to get my blood test (I'm guessing to check my levels so I can start injections on time). I'm so nervous and sacred that I haven't been doing the right thing. Anxious that she'll tell me I have to wait longer. All the thoughts that roam around my brain are amazing! I'm keeping everything crossed all the time! Good luck doesn't seem like it enough to say but I'll also cross everything for everyone, it's the least I can do!
    All are welcome here. Good luck to you as well. I wont be far behind you guys joining that IVF train

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly888 View Post
    Hi Jen1978! Good luck with everything. Like you, I thought I'd sign up after getting so much out of reading other people's journeys. It's my first IVF cycle this month, first injection today which went well. Where are you up to with it all? x
    Welcome Milly congrats on getting on the train

4. The Following User Says Thank You to T1gger For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Milly888.... yes, I do try so hard to be happy for other people when they announce their pregnancy or have their babies, but some days is much harder than others. I used to feel so upset and angry whenever I'd see mothers in the shopping centre etc with their babies and children, until one day I took a step back and thought, hey, they could have gone through the same thing as me and it's an IVF baby, and ever since then I've felt much better shopping and seeing anonymous strangers and their babies. I try to put that same concept for "known" people, but it doesn't work so well, as most of them I know when they were married or how long they've been trying, so most of them I know it's not through IVF. I don't know if any of that will help you, but the women on here are so good to bounce ideas and feelings off.

AFM.... FS rang late this afternoon, as he wants me to come in for another scan tomorrow morning. He's really thinking if we don't find the left ovary, that 2 follicles isn't worth it. I said, that DH and I still want to go ahead, but he ended with, well let's see what it looks like tomorrow. I am still extra worried, since the 2 follicles were 22mm today, so tomorrow they will probably be 24mm and I think that's reaching the limit before they bust. Anyhow, again, nothing I can do, so will see what tomorrow brings.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MCG,
    I honestly thought I had a needle phobia but I guess it turns out thankfully I don't! I'm keeping written diaries and videos just to remind me of how brave people can be. Happy thoughts for the day to everyone
    Be kind to yourselves.

Thanks T1gger and Milly,
    I have 10 more days of injections until I have my next appointment with the Nurse to get US and Bloods done. Fingers crossed everything is on track but I know I can only do what I'm doing (positively).
    Last edited by Jen1978; 20-04-2013 at 08:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen1978,

We might be on a similar schedule, I am injecting at the moment and on Synarel, having an u/s on friday to see how my follicles are growing. Fingers are crossed they are blossoming! When is your u/s?

And does anyone know how long after u/s epu might take place? My u/s is on my day 10, after starting injections on day 3.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Milly888.... Normally clinics do a bloodtest before planning the first internal ultrasound, but it differs greatly from clinic to clinic, as well as what protocol you are on and how your body responds to the meds you are on, for example, my cycles:
    #1 BT day 6, US day 7, trigger day 8, EPU day 10
    #2 BT day 7, BT/US day 11, trigger day 12, EPU day 14
    #3 BT day 9, BT/US day 11, BT/US/trigger day 14, EPU day 16
    #4 BT day 6, BT/US day 8, BT/US day 10, US/trigger day 11, EPU day 14
    However, those days I've quoted above are based on day 1 being the first day of injections, as some protocols aren't based on when AF starts. So your ultrasound on day 10 from AF starting, is actually day 8 of injections. Hope that helps?

AFM.... I had my EPU this morning. We got 4 eggs, so I was pleased about that, since there were only 5 follicles in total (2x24mm and 3x10mm). We found out this afternoon that 2 were mature, so not surprised that the little ones didn't do much. Unfortunately the scientist who rang said there was no sperm from DH that was "of the quality we wanted", so they've injected both eggs with the anon donor sperm. So I had a nice cry, to finally get over not having any sperm from DH and not going to have his baby, but now feeling emotionally better having that finally out of the way and hopeful that the anon donor sperm is now going to work. It's good to be moving on.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 22-04-2013 at 20:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you MGC Bertie, I really appreciate the info. It's good to know other experiences so I know what to expect and what questions to ask. Sounds like things could happen pretty quickly after the u/s. I'm feeling things happening in my ovaries so hope there is positive news on Friday x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly888 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!
    Thanks for all the really good tips, it really helps as a first timer hopefully this week! I don't feel quite so odd anymore! I'm starting an antagonist cycle at my next period (? Friday) and even if I sound like I know what I'm talking about (and had a really lovely nurse at Flinders explaining it all yesterday!) I'm panicking I'll get it all wrong!
    Good luck to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Milly,
    I think we are on the same time frame. I have blood test and US tomorrow. I'm having treatment thought Monash IVF, I feel so lucky to have the nurse that I do. I have sent emails asking (what I think are) ridiculous questions and she doesn't make me feel ridiculous.
    I had my phone stolen Tues at the place I volunteer at, I fell in a heap and burst into tears, up until that point I hadn't had any emotionally big days. Was lucky I work with beautiful women that gave me a comforting hugs. Its okay to let it all out sometimes .
    Good luck tomorrow.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen1978 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (28-04-2013)