+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I almost feel like an imposter... I follow everyone's updates and chats and get so much good advice. So thank you. I started synarel on the 7th of April, I have my appt. with my nurse tomorrow to get my blood test (I'm guessing to check my levels so I can start injections on time). I'm so nervous and sacred that I haven't been doing the right thing. Anxious that she'll tell me I have to wait longer. All the thoughts that roam around my brain are amazing! I'm keeping everything crossed all the time! Good luck doesn't seem like it enough to say but I'll also cross everything for everyone, it's the least I can do!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen1978 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-04-2013),T1gger  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen and welcome.;-)

I was like that too, following first but then started to talking to other girls and its awesome! Such a good idea even if I understand everyone is different and each of us is individual we all aim for the same and feel about every step the same way!
    It's all so emotional, people that never have been through that Wong understand!;-)
    All the best for you and how to see you here often!
    ;-) have a beautiful Monday ladies! I am off to for my blood work.. They want to check if my hormone levels are down since transfer...
    And then off to work after whole week absence ...woohoo ;-)

Aneczka 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Jen and Welcome!
    We are all going through similar things and with the end result the same.
    I have found it helps just to share in the experience.
    Hopefully you won't be delayed. I was but am supposedly on track now.
    2 more days till needles start for me.
    Good luck with your process and chat any time.
    Aneczka, hope your blood work was all ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello KLM;-)

You are so right! Everyone here had been fantastic. I found it very helpful... Especially that my DH is away and my family is all leaving in Europe. I am dealing with this by myself which is fine but sometimes just talking to people makes you feel better... ;-)
    My family and friends know about IVF but not details an they don't know when is my BT as I want to deal with the news by myself first.
    Yesterday I had a little melt down;-( I felt so lonely and the journey just overwhelmed me. I had a little cry and wish my family was here to be with me... Had lots of what if... Not sure how am I going to handle the news... I am so anxious;-( the blood test went ok. My P.V.L level was 41 which is exactly the same as on transfer day... Whatever that means!
    Now I am at work and I can't put my head around it.
    I also bought pregnancy test yesterday and the lady asked me how late am I...???? Sad eh? ;-)
    Lots of hugs your way ladies cxxxxxx

Aneczka 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Azneczka

I am with Lucy Williams and use Concept. I found it through KEMH referral. I have been there before with DH for sperm checks, and for my IUI referred through the fertility clinic at KEMH. I must admit I don't like the concept waiting room and the fact that they take blood from me there. But suspect it is like any other clinic.

I understand you are on your own with it all. If you do ever want to meet up for a coffee I would love that. I live way south of the river so Perth City/or Fremantle would be better for me than near Concept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi t1gger;-)
    I would love coffee one day. My Husband is working away and I don't have any family here so I found it very difficult to deal with all the emotions at once.. You still have work life and home and friends and all that is so much effected!
    I am leaving in canning vale area where are you?
    I did test last night and it was Negative.... ;-( tomorrow is a beta day ;(

Aneczka 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Aneczka & KLM ( I think we start our needles on the same day) for all the friendly welcomes
    Well I just gave myself my first injection, I was so nervous and I think it was more to do with getting the needle, dosage and pen all working correctly. I had a friend here just to double check I had read over the instructions (a thousand times) properly. I feel relief, and a little bit proud!
    It's hard going it alone even if you have support from your partner and or family sometimes it feels like you are alone but with everyone so friendly and understanding on here it makes it feel okay.
    I'm interested to see if any side effects come my way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jen1978.... well done for your first of the injections. You are particularly brave. As everyone on here knows, I have such a needle phobia, so I wouldn't even be able to consider it!! In fact, they have that as a question on the hospital admission forms now!! Side effects seem to vary greatly from people like me who just get a few odd twinges and tender breasts, to others who feel really bad. I think it partly has to do with what medication you are taking, dosages etc.

AFM... I feel much more reassured now today knowing that the case of the hiding left ovary is fairly common. Went for BT and US this morning, with my regular nurse, and even she had a problem finding it, but after lots of pushing on my stomach and causing a fair amount of "period" pain, she kind of found it. It was right down the bottom, and though she couldn't see it very well, she said she was sure that there's 1 or 2 follicles in there. She couldn't measure them. On the right side, the two are now at 22, plus two useless ones less than 10. My trigger won't be until Sat night, so of course now I'm sitting here worried that these two at 22 are going to grow too much and will be bust. These thoughts seem to be driving me more crazy this time round then ever before!! Aarghhh. Anyhow, it's totally out of my hands now, and there's nothing I can do, so am trying not to worry about it. I can't wait until EPU on Monday and find out just what is inside :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tigerlissy, sorry to hear about your silly MIL. It sounds like she's making this tricky situation even harder. My hubby and I have been trying for 2 years and have started our first cycle of IVF this week. Where are you up to in TTC - IVF, more tests etc? It is a rough journey some days, I agree. I feel like more friends announce pregnancies every day, which is exciting, beautiful and special, but also confusing, heartbreaking and reminds me of something that is out of my control. It hurts.

Starting IVF this month has given me new positivity though. Sending lots of love. You are not alone x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly888 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen1978! Good luck with everything. Like you, I thought I'd sign up after getting so much out of reading other people's journeys. It's my first IVF cycle this month, first injection today which went well. Where are you up to with it all? x