+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know MGC Bertie and it happened on April fools day in the morning. I had to see the baby before I believed. She was a big girl and lost major weight and although she did think she might be pregnant she didn't know she was that far gone. It is not the only case in my family who found out late but usually around 4-6 month mark

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MariaA,

I took my first injection of Gonal F this morning and I too felt NOTHING, no needle, no fluid, no burning either!

After the 10 seconds and the clicking noise being made as I pushed on the end I immediately removed the needle and had a look at the window because it too felt that I must have done it wrong! But no it was down to zero and the "plunger" was down to around 700 which means I injected the 200 as required!

I feel that we got ourselves so worked up for it that we "over reacted" in a way and hence we didn't feel it!

But hey I am not sad that it didn't hurt 😄😄😄

Makes the next who knows how many injections that much easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies

Im new to all this IVF stuff too and love reading everyones posts, it makes me realise other are feeling the exact same way as I do which is lovely to know

I started on Puregon 200 on Monday and go for my first scan tomorrow morning which Im excited and nervous about!!!

The first 2 days of my injections I didnt feel a thing no side effects and I thought awesome this is easy haha well since yesterday I have had nausea, headaches and lower back pain!! Which I hope are all normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Asher,

Welcome to the forum. I am new here too, but I understand how you feel about having few people here that understand how you feel and what you are going through.. It's a very emotional journey and we all here for support;-)
    I was on puregon 150 and just like you first few days were awesome, I was on it for 9 days and few last ones especially because u will add another injection weren't best. I felt tired and sleepy. So it's normal, don't stress, just take it easy.
    I am going tomorrow for my egg collection, it's my first time so I am a bit nervous..
    How did you go with your scan today? I have 16 eggs but not sure how many of them they will be able to retrieve.. Have to wait and see I guess.
    All the best for you and fingers crossed ;-)

Aneczka 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aneczka, Im pleased its all normal, I was kind of hoping I would get through all of this with no real side effects!! Clearly I was kidding myself

Good Luck tomorrow, I can understand you being nervous (I will be too) but from everything I have read here the egg collection is bearable, just remember to take it easy afterwards!!
    I have my scan tomorrow (Friday) so I will be sure to report back here with the results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck in your first scan, hopefully you will have plenty beautiful looking follicles to choose from ;-)
    Chat later ;-)

Aneczka 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aneczka.... 16 follicles is a great number. From that you could probably expect to collect about 10-12 eggs at the EPU, so good luck.

Asher76.... EPU is a breeze as mine have always been done in hospital under general anaesetic so you wake up not remembering anything. It's after EPU that women have differing experiences - after my first EPU (10 eggs) I was very sore for two days and found it difficult to get up and down, my second EPU (2 eggs) I was perfectly fine the next day and my third EPU (6 eggs) I was a bit sore for two days, but more tired than anything. So it seems to me, the more eggs collected the more rest you will need. Some women go back to work the next day, but I would recommend that, particularly as some of them have gone to work and only lasted a couple of hours before having to come home again. Hope that gives you a bit of an idea what it's like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just have to say I think this thread will be my new best friend for the next few months! It's so nice to hear the truths and reality of it all without being scared off by overwhelming info the doctors and nurses give you.
    I already feel so emotional and I haven't even started synarel, it's going to be a long month ahead!
    Wish for all the best for everyone!
    Last edited by Jen1978; 05-04-2013 at 11:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Jen

Well Im back from my scan a little disaapointed really I only have 4 follicles, all of good size the biggest being 14mm (does that sound right lol) My FS was happy with that so I guess I should be too, I just keep reading where ladies have 10+ follicles and when they told me 4 my heart sank!!
    So another scan Monday and then we find out our date for collection!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just started a thread about deciding who to tell and when. This could be about IVF or the fact that you are having tests or even crossed over into when people are having children. Take a look and feel free to post your experiences. I know I found it hard to decide who should know when