+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so overwhelming. I have just sent my Donor request through to my IVF nurse and am as nervous as anything. I had my first appointment with her 2 days ago and have almost forgotten everything she told me besides the needles part! I have a question that probably sounds a bit strange but I want to do everything possible to make this work and when the nurse told me to keep my body temp down I think I just had a confused look on my face. I feel I get really hot really easily, how (besides sitting in A/C) do you do this effectively?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

thank you for posting all the information you have! I have been receiving calls from my clinic over the past 2 weeks as I am in an assessment cycle and found that although the nurses and staff are very friendly etc they tend not to explain everything to me very well! This must be because they deal with it day in and day out! But that doesn't help me much!

I haven't wanted to keep them on the phone too long because there are others expecting calls, but I think I am going to have to write up a
    list of questions and get them to answer them for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found the same problem, at times the nurse would be using all these words and me and DH would be sitting there dumbfounded. I found just had to be a bit forceful and tell them we didn't understand and ti explain as it was our first cycle. I felt stupid for asking but wanted to know what was going on and wanted to understand what they were on about.sometimes they need a reminder not everyone is a nurse and understands, don't be embarrassed just ask, after all it's your money and your body. QUOTE=Catttc;7141591]Hi All,

thank you for posting all the information you have! I have been receiving calls from my clinic over the past 2 weeks as I am in an assessment cycle and found that although the nurses and staff are very friendly etc they tend not to explain everything to me very well! This must be because they deal with it day in and day out! But that doesn't help me much!

I haven't wanted to keep them on the phone too long because there are others expecting calls, but I think I am going to have to write up a
    list of questions and get them to answer them for me![/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen1978 and others.... yes, the good old "don't get so hot" message - yes it sort of refers to air-conditioning, but it mostly it refers to you not getting internally hot, e.g. not doing too much exercise that makes you hot from the inside of your body, and yes, that also means abstaining from exercise in the bedroom!! That particularly is important during the 2WW.

LParis and others.... you won't need any time off before EPU, but you will need the day of EPU and probably 1-3 days afterwards, depending on how you're feeling and what type of job you have to go back to. As a primary school teacher (running after kids all day, up and down stairs, and having stress on a daily basis), my new FS this time was quick to insist that I have 3 days off after EPU and then 3 days off after transfer. I probably didn't need it, but was just glad that I didn't rush back into things.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Jen1978  (18-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clucky14,

Generally I have no issues in asking for further information when someone doesn't provide it 😄 but for some reason I feel a little daunted by this whole journey and I think my brain is just trying to get on the bandwagon 😄 I am booked in for my 21 day appt this Friday with FS and think that they may not know what has hit them when I walk in there with all my questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt the same and at times couldn't think of things to ask till a but further down the track. I remember one of the times the nurse started going on about media culture and me and DH had no friggen idea what they were on about ! I felt like an idiot but told her we didn't understand and it was explained better . I guess they just probably forget that not everyone is a expert and all these terms are new for new ivf ers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catttc View Post
    Hi Clucky14,

Generally I have no issues in asking for further information when someone doesn't provide it ������ but for some reason I feel a little daunted by this whole journey and I think my brain is just trying to get on the bandwagon ������ I am booked in for my 21 day appt this Friday with FS and think that they may not know what has hit them when I walk in there with all my questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls I am new to all this and it is so awesome to hear your stories. I found talking about IVF to other people face to face a little bit difficult so i appreciate that i can read all your stories and feel as i belong here. So many of us are going through the same thing. I guess you never know what's around the corner.

i am waiting for my AF and i will then start my injections i am based in Perth is anyone going through Concept?

I am on Puregon 150.. how is that? Low high standard?

Thank you all and Good luck to all of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LParis i am new to it too but Welcome how are you doing? Did you started yet at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LParis and Anecza I'm new too. Hope to start injections this weekend if day 1 is Friday. Good luck to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds like me. I am planning to start my injections this weekend too if my first day will be friday too What are you on? I am on Puregon 150ui. I am based in Perth what clinic are you in?

is this your first attempt in IVF?
    Hope you are having a good day