+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    di1981 please keep us posted on your bub, I hope you get your natural birth but I really just send you good thoughts of a beautiful and healthy baby (the very best outcome). I had the chicken pox vaccine done yesterday. My FS said I have to have that done first as I have no immunity to it and then 2 months from that we can do the IVF.
    thanks I will, saw the chiro last night that did the Webster technique he was good, explained everything well, said there's a 90% success rate of having the baby turn. I need to go twice a week for a few weeks, hopefully we make it in time! Don't think he moved yet, I still feel feet kicking in my pelvis :-/ but soon I hope! Good luck with starting the IVF hope the 2 months wait goes quick!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to di1981 For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (24-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys, I just found this thread! Hubby and I are all new to this. We've been trying naturally for around five years, and have finally decided to try ivf. We have started seeing Dr Nicole Hope @ Monash IVF, and have been advised to do IVF isci. We just sent off paperwork and hoping to start in April. Any advice for a newbie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome my tips are have a ice pack to ice the area a few mins before you do injections as I have tried both with and without it and found Ice pack definitely helps . The needles are no where near as bad as I thought they would be and this is coming from a needle phobe plan to take a few days off from work if you can after egg pick up as everyone varies though I was sore for a few days but not overly though I would have rather been home than work. Have a heat pack or water bottle to use on your belly after egg pick up home in case you need it. I would have tried to reduce my work hrs a little if I could have as I found all the injections and running around for blood tests and ultrasounds a little exhausting .thats about it from me . Hope all goes well x
    Quote Originally Posted by LParis View Post
    Hi Guys, I just found this thread! Hubby and I are all new to this. We've been trying naturally for around five years, and have finally decided to try ivf. We have started seeing Dr Nicole Hope @ Monash IVF, and have been advised to do IVF isci. We just sent off paperwork and hoping to start in April. Any advice for a newbie?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

Catttc  (17-03-2013),KLM0511  (07-03-2013),LParis  (23-02-2013),Milly888  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome and wonderful advice clucky14! I am a little anxious about the needles but I know I'll be ok after a few goes. I will def try the ice trick I was planning on taking a bit of time off. At what stage do you suggest is the best time to take time off? At egg pick up or even before? Hubby is planning on taking time off so we can have a little stay cation, more to relax and de stress through the process.
    That's fantastic about you bfp! Yay!!!!!! What clinic are you at?

Thanks again for all the advice and wishing you all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone is different though I found by the 2nd week of injections I was just exhausted and not feeling well. I was starting work at 6:00am so have to get up 420am and found it draining . I know myself that when we do it again I will definitely ask to work a bit less hours than full time as the medication and running around really started to get to me I was finding I was feeling sick at work and a bit down if you can afford it I would recommend it. I had egg pick up on a Wednesday so asked the clinic (genea) to give me a certificate for 3 days and so glad I did as I was still sore and bruised 5 days later but don't work weekends so it worked out needed only 3 off and I used sick leave for that . Transfer I had the day off and I was lucky in a way it was Australia Day so I already had the day off work. I didn't take any more days off as it was uncomfortable but not painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LParis View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and wonderful advice clucky14! I am a little anxious about the needles but I know I'll be ok after a few goes. I will def try the ice trick I was planning on taking a bit of time off. At what stage do you suggest is the best time to take time off? At egg pick up or even before? Hubby is planning on taking time off so we can have a little stay cation, more to relax and de stress through the process.
    That's fantastic about you bfp! Yay!!!!!! What clinic are you at?

Thanks again for all the advice and wishing you all the best!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to say how much I love this thread so much great advise. I too was curious about taking time off from work for our first IVF cycle. Thanks Guys for the advise On another note my mum went and saw a psychic the other day who told my Mum about my fertility issues and IVF and said to tell me I had to get two eggs implanted and that I wasn't to mow or lift anything for 3 months. She said she could see me carrying boxes eeeeekkkk excited squealing our house is on the market (does that mean it will sell)...anyway hope all is well with everyone on here. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again clucky for the inside info. That worked out well doing the pick up close to Australia Day weekend

m

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Acronyms

Hi, I am about to go through my first IVF treatment and whenever I read any forums and posts etc everyone talks in acronyms and it would be good if there was a legend or something to explain what they stand for.
    Like what is FET, EPU, BFN, TWW, or if people typed out a few more words for the newbies like me

I love your idea below though about giving tips on what to expect and things to know. Thank you.

KLM

Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    What a great idea for a thread!

Totally agree with Greenapple about being realistic with your chances. Most clinics claim a 75% success rate within 3 FRESH cycles, so for couples who get frosties, that could be 6 or more cycles including FETs. If you don't get pregnant on the first cycle, don't despair!!

Panty liners are a must when on progesterone support (thanks LnW)!

When I was first starting out, these are some things I would like to have known:

- Allow yourself at least 2 days off work at EPU time, one day for the EPU and one to recover.

- It can be hard to remain positive after a failed cycle, but its important not to get consumed with negative thoughts. An 'infertile mind' can be worse than an infertile body. Don't be afraid to get your hopes up and BELIEVE it WILL work. You're always going to be sad after a BFN, trying to protect yourself with the expectation of failure will NOT make you feel any better.

- You WILL go crazy in the TWW !

- There's been a thousand threads on 'How soon can I POAS?'. Go to the sticky thread called 3d and 5d transfer... what happens http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=356637

Thats about all I can think of for now...

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KLM0511 View Post
    Hi, I am about to go through my first IVF treatment and whenever I read any forums and posts etc everyone talks in acronyms and it would be good if there was a legend or something to explain what they stand for.
    Like what is FET, EPU, BFN, TWW, or if people typed out a few more words for the newbies like me

I love your idea below though about giving tips on what to expect and things to know. Thank you.

KLM
    Hi KLM,

The acronyms can be a bit confusing until you know them.

Here is a link that should help you. The only one I noticed was different was TWW. They have it as 2WW. (FYI this is two weeks wait)

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-Abbreviations

Good luck with your first IVF, fingers crossed the first one is a sticky one

Katie

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

Catttc  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much Katie. This will help me greatly!
    klm