+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the tips and advice ladies!

Apologies if i am hijacking a post, but i only got to page 20 of this thread and i had to stop. I'm currently at work and trying to fight back tears, the bits you ladies mention about the partners in this one just breaks my heart. My hubby has not so great numbers of his swimmers that we haven't had success naturally for 4 years, we are starting IVF at end of this month and i was super duper positive and trying not to think of the negatives and the BFN which may come, but now reading all your heartbreakingly long journeys, I'm scared out of my boots!

Since our first appointment back with the FS after we went away for 2 years assuming that the diagnosis was wrong and we could do it on our own... we were back there last week, Hubby has kind of perked up with the communication part of things. He has gone away for 2 weeks of work and today i feel like i am an emotional wreck. Like i need him here to support my emotional mood swings (gee and i haven't even done my injections yet :S)

I will be trying accupuncture, as i swear by it for anything and believe i have nothing to lose with it because you fill brilliant anyways as a result regarless of what you are getting it done for.

So i have my fingers crossed for every one of you lovely ladies, and may your journeys be short, and full of joy from a BFP soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The journey can be long, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy. For me it was an intensely personal journey, but it helped to know that there were others struggling with the same issues and emotions etc.

Never give up!

babybelief
    Last edited by BabyBelief; 07-01-2013 at 20:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a question I started Injections today what should I be avoiding ? Was told not to exercise hard but basically is lifting a no go ? And for my job I sometimes have to wear a belt which ways a fair bit I just want to know am I meant to be avoiding lifting and things around waste ect ??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hints, Tips, Advice and Suggestions for new IVF'rs

Hi clucky,

I cut out all weights at the gym and even running and just did light workouts. I don't think you should be lifting anything that's gonna get ya too hot and bothered as that's what my fs told me to avoid - no tennis etc either.

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hints, Tips, Advice and Suggestions for new IVF'rs

Hi Clucky, I was told to live a normal life while jabbing. Although towards the end I always felt bloated and uncomfortable. In saying that, I usually ended up with 20+ eggs at EPU.

But as soon as that embryo/s are transferred they say to treat yourself as though you are pregnant. Don't eat the 'bad' no-no foods, Don't over heat your body and no heavy lifting.

Every FS has their own rules though. But this is what mine have all said to me. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    Hi clucky,

I cut out all weights at the gym and even running and just did light workouts. I don't think you should be lifting anything that's gonna get ya too hot and bothered as that's what my fs told me to avoid - no tennis etc either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clucky - I agree with the comments of others here. Best to err on the side of caution and take it easy. No point in creating a risk where there does not need to be one

Babybelief

Thanks
    Reviews
    My biggest tip after 6 IVF cycles is to inject the gonal-f or orgalutran and the pregnyl very slowly to minimise the sting. Ice the area before and afterwards as well. Inject a tiny amount at once, holding the needle very still. If it starts to sting you are injecting too fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks the ice definitely helped!
    Quote Originally Posted by vetttc View Post
    My biggest tip after 6 IVF cycles is to inject the gonal-f or orgalutran and the pregnyl very slowly to minimise the sting. Ice the area before and afterwards as well. Inject a tiny amount at once, holding the needle very still. If it starts to sting you are injecting too fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    how did you ladies know that you could go through with the whole cycle before you started? To be honest I'm scared that I can't.

I'm really bad with needles (as in when the nurse showed me the pen thing at the last appointment I'm glad I was sitting down) and I'm extremely concerned about not being able to do the needles. Even if DH does them I'm likely to be on the floor.

I'm also scared about all the scans and exams I have to have - trans-vaginal ultrasounds etc (never had one before & have a lot of trouble with pap smears). Therefore I'm also terrified about the embryo transfer as my FS doesn't give any pain relief because 'it's not required'. I can guarantee I will embarrass myself by screaming the place down if I don't have pain relief.

I'm still also concerned about potential effects of the drugs on the baby and myself in the future - everyone at the clinic keeps telling me it's fine but I'm still worried about it.