+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got back on line after a while SJ I am so sorry, I am one week in to my 2ww so am still hoping for a BFP. We can't help but hope with everything that it will work, I am trying to stay positive yet not too excited, yeah right, as if, but still telling myself to prepare for the worst. It is so hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Eleash,

I am only on first IVF cycle and in the 2nd of the 2WW. If I could offer any advice, I would be prepared to take some time off work after the EC. I don't know if I was naive, stupid or just plain ignorant but I didn't ask the questions and the doctors or nurses didn't tell me about how uncomfortable I would be after it. Not sure if everyone was the same but can only speak for myself.

As far as diet, I am just doing my own thing and eating healthy as possible. They say don't eat chocolate and caffeine but my personal philosophy is if it makes you happy then a little bit surely can't hurt, I mean it might stress you out more to not have it and then that is not the answer.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion so do what is right for you and don't feel bad or guilty for sneaking a piece of cake.

Best of luck with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Just wondering if I can join you on this thread...I just noticed there are a few of us at the same kind of stage...first cycle around July/August 12.

SJ I understand how you feel...I've just had my first cycle in July and this week my first BFN. None frozen ...so back to FS on Thursday next week to talk when I start again...hopefully next month.

I found the 2WW testing too...Analysing every sensation and feeling your body throws at you...and there can be a few! Hang in there girls and be kind to yourself it's a difficult time.

For the girls starting injections you will be great. It's not easy at first or enjoyable but you will find you're so focused on doing this right you will be ok.

Fingers crossed for those girls having BT in the next week.

Nic

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GCNic For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

i am new to the bubhub world and new to IVF, my DH and i have been TTC for 18 months, im 27 & DH is 26 - at month 11 was booked in to have Laparoscopy - 2 days before surgery had BFP unfortunately ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks on my birthday went in for our first U/S and found 2 sacs but no babies, had D&C 2 weeks later.
    We have been trying and trying and still nothing, so fed up! seeing FS for our first app next Weds at MIVF Clayton.. dont really know what to expect??
    I really want to go in guns blazing and tell him what i want to do next but im scared they wont suggest IVF straight away. i know this sounds silly on my behalf wanting to go straight into IVF but i am so exhuasted emotionally from it all, and i know alot of you ladies have been thru 100 million times worse than i but its really frikkin hard!
    anyway if anyone can tell me if the FS's are quite open to patients decisions/ ideas or if they are more likely to be another Dr to pat me on the head and tell us to go home and keep trying?
    Also, have had most of the BT's and U/S scans done already, do you think they will send me for new tests? can they start the process relatively quickly or is their a waiting list?

sorry for all the Q's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I am new to the world of IVF too, with me and my DH due to kick off in Nov/Dec.
    Bber, welcome and I'm so sorry to hear your story, hopefully IVF is your answer.
    I'm 26 and DH is 29 and we have been TTC for 2 years with 3 M/c (1 ectopic).
    After trying medicated ovulation assistance and being a bit fed up with it all, I spoke to a new FS who strongly recommends IVF as I've lost 1 fallopian tube.
    We can go on the journey together.
    Hopefully your current tests performed are enough for your FS doing the IVF to use, I know in our circumstance our new FS isn't happy with the lack of tests that have been done and we have to do most all over again. Oh the joys!
    But here's to lots of for us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is an awesome thread. Thank you to everyone who has posted information on here. I now feel as though I am not going insane or that i am on my own. My DH and i are in for EC/PESA tomorrow (nervous). This is our first cycle so i am learning very fast how IVF works. We have chosen not to tell any friends/family to minimise all stress levels placed on us but I am finding that i am wanting to talk to other people who have been or are going through the same process. I love all the support on here.
    Having had the trigger injection last night, i am feeling very average today, is that normal. I feel like i can hardly keep my eyes open.
    Keep your chins up everyone, we have our partners by our sides so what more can we ask for at the end of the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, well im back again for a little update. Had EPU yesterday, they said they got 9 which I believe wasn't too bad however only 4 fertilized Is that a good number ??? I feel a little disappointed that I have so few because I just don't know how long it will be before I can afford another go at this!I have ET tomorrow so I guess I will just have to cross my fingers that I wont need to worry about trying again and that I will fall first IVF/ICSI attempt. From what I have been reading through all these posts and threads, there are VERY VERY FEW BFP's onthe first go. Just feeling really disheartened and slightly depressed actually .....I feel like my body has let me down up til this point

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hints, Tips, Advice and Suggestions for new IVF'rs

Good luck my friend it is all such a long road, I've tried to keep busy the last 6 weeks I had a bfn for my first time got 6 fertilized but only 2 survived so I'm now waiting to ovulate so I can put my little one back in. I wish you all the luck I have my fingers crossed for me this time cause I'm not sure how I'll cope with all those needles and emotions again!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sjfoott For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well got good results with the collection, 17 collected and 13 fertilised. Hope they all go well over the next couple days. Unfortunately I ended up in hospital with hyper stimulation. Feeling quite sore and bloated. I hope all is good for transfer on Monday.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bodymegs For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a newbie in the world of IVF, 2 years TTC naturally. Had my first cycle in June with lots of follicles, but no eggs when it came to egg collection day which even left the doctors a bit baffled.
    But my 2nd cycle has gone a lot better, I had the brand of my trigger injection changed and upped the dose of the gonal which resulted in 12 eggs at collection, 10 fertilised, 1 embryo was transferred last Saturday and 6 others were frozen.
    I was quiet impressed with how well I was doing during the 2WW, up until yesterday - the weekend is killing me I feel like I'm going a bit cazy.
    Has anyone had a period like pain around this time after an Embryo transfer and gone on to find out theyre pregnant? I am on the Crinone, so I shouldnt get a period, but am still a bit confused at what my body is telling me???