+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbabysteps View Post
    Hi ladies,

I'm relatively new to posting on these threads and just thought this looked like a good one to re-visit. I'm excited to see all these BFP's as this gives me hope! I would like to ask a few questions from you girls about puregon and hope you can shed some light for me. My FS is trying me on 150mg for my first try. I am 30 so he said he is erring on the side of caution. Was this normal for you guys on the first go? He said he just wants to see how it goes because he does not want me to over stimulate me and I end up with OHSS. Also, did you ladies have them put 1 or 2 embies in??? Your advice is really appreciated
    hi there, we just did a cycle with 150 of puregon, and we got a gr8 outcome, 14 frosties at the moment, with 2 on board
    ive had 8 epu and the puregon doses are always different as my body likes to keep changin things up.
    i was 29 when we started, and due to PCOS, have always put in 2 embies.
    just remember to drink ure gatorade/powerade like crazy post EPU so OHSS is kept at bay... oh and take it easy and gentle care of ureself afterwards. it can really take alot of u.

hopefully ure journey to a baby is short and ure holding ure little bundle of joy soon.

bAbydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katiana View Post
    hi there, we just did a cycle with 150 of puregon, and we got a gr8 outcome, 14 frosties at the moment, with 2 on board
    ive had 8 epu and the puregon doses are always different as my body likes to keep changin things up.
    i was 29 when we started, and due to PCOS, have always put in 2 embies.
    just remember to drink ure gatorade/powerade like crazy post EPU so OHSS is kept at bay... oh and take it easy and gentle care of ureself afterwards. it can really take alot of u.

hopefully ure journey to a baby is short and ure holding ure little bundle of joy soon.

bAbydust to all
    Hi Katiana

Ok wow thats some good advice! I am going to try 2 embies each time. My FS said it doesnt increase the chances but I think for me "psychologically" it will help lol So much good advice, Im a workaholic so just a little nudge to slow down is sometimes all it takes for me to rest up! Can I ask, in your signature, it read that you fell pregnant on attempt #20? How did you get through 19 heartbreaking attempts? Oh and TWW = baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Katiana

Ok wow thats some good advice! I am going to try 2 embies each time. My FS said it doesnt increase the chances but I think for me "psychologically" it will help lol So much good advice, Im a workaholic so just a little nudge to slow down is sometimes all it takes for me to rest up! Can I ask, in your signature, it read that you fell pregnant on attempt #20? How did you get through 19 heartbreaking attempts? Oh and TWW = baby

it was a very long road, but fortunately my partner and i are very stubborn
    and a big dose of humour!!!!!! a sense of humour is very important, we are both nurses too so sometimes it got a little dry....lol.

we knew our turn would come........ eventually......just didnt expect it to take nearly 6 years!!!! but we look at our little miss z and those years have vanished..... especially at 5am when she wants to play

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katiana View Post
    it was a very long road, but fortunately my partner and i are very stubborn
    and a big dose of humour!!!!!! a sense of humour is very important, we are both nurses too so sometimes it got a little dry....lol.

we knew our turn would come........ eventually......just didnt expect it to take nearly 6 years!!!! but we look at our little miss z and those years have vanished..... especially at 5am when she wants to play
    You guys are stubborn!!! and strong ... My DP is already starting to crack under the pressure! we get ours too.... im glad you got there in the end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, any suggestions on Dr with Monash IVF in Melbourne? Saw Dr Tim Sturrock couple of days ago.... not sure. I'm new to all of this and I'm really lost. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys are stubborn!!! and strong ... My DP is already starting to crack under the pressure! we get ours too.... im glad you got there in the end!

u just need to remember that, after being healthy there is really nothing more u can do, u can only control so much of this process , u know like not smoking, cutting down the coffee and alcohol, just be ure most healthy version of ureself, the rest is un controllable... and its not in ure hands. just take gentle care of each other and as hard as it sounds, dont let it take over ure life, go out to dinner, have picnics does that make sense??? its hard, i know, but its important to look after each other and after all the needles and pessaries and blood test and dildo cam, u have each other and thats a BIG FAT POSITIVE!!

babydust for all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Talking newbie

hi guys i'm new to all of this, ivf and computer forums so not sure how it all works.

I'm finding it all way too emotional i feel like crying all the time even though i'm excited to finally be starting ivf after 4 years of trying.

This is my first week on injections and i'm feeling very tired and getting headaches is this normal? Waiting for my bloos test and scan on friday to see whether we actually go ahead with EC next week.

Also i have been looking up diet tips and tricks i've done the giving up grog and caffine and i've been on elivit for a while but there are mixed things on the net full fat dairy/no dairy, no carbs/low gi carbs etc etc and tips would be great, i'm a chef and absolutely love food and this is really hard for me!

Also last but not least my doctor is gab kovacs at monash ivk any other women out here with the same doc and how have you gone, prefeably no negative if possible

Thanks girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sjfoott

I know other ladies that have had headaches from the drugs. I don't know if there is a normal as such because everyone responds differently.

I altered my diet a few years to help me get pregnant and it didn't help so my theory now is everything in moderation.

Good Luck with your EPU and I hope your ivf journey is a short one

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you i'm a bit nervous about friday for my scan and ultrasound i'm crossing my fingers that it all goes to plan. i talked to the ivf nurse today about diet and what i had learnt and heard and she told me to eat whatever i wanted even a glass of wine if i wanted so i feel a little less pressure on myself.

Although today has been a terrible day i've been in tears felt sick fought with my dh and basically slept most of the day i feel i have no energy, then spilt a whole bottle of water over my new iphone!!! oh well

I really hope to make some new friends on here and have this great community to be able to talk with. I spent a hour or so reading all the posts last night and think you are all amazing women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is great to have a little community of people that understand your situation. I've found it really helpful for support and getting info.

Good advice from your nurse. There is enough to stress about without having to worry about what u eat or drink as well.

Good luck for Friday