+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Also fruit juice is full of sugar so no good for u anyway unless it's freshly squeezed or put through a juicer.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New

Hi all,
    just want to say thank you for all the amazing advice!
    I am 21 and DP is 38 (he has no fertility issues) we have been TTC for 2 years. I had a laparoscopy 5 years ago for Ovarian cysts, for 18 months afterward I had excruciating pain and we began looking into the causes. Lap #2 in 2009 searching for endo - No endo but severe adhesions and my OB suggested we begin trying to fall pregnant as this could help with my adhesions and the continuing pain issues they have caused and also because all other treatments for adhesions could possibly leave me unable to carry a baby. After 6 months of TTC naturally back to the OB to find out that I was not developing mature eggs, 2 cycles of Clomid with no success Desicion was made to have one more laparoscopy to clear things up and plan was to go straight back on Clomid after the lap. Lap #3 in 2011 and the devastaing news came back that my adhesions had advanced and constricted both tubes so there is only the tiniest chance that I could get an egg through so IVF is our best option.
    For the past 6 months since that Lap we have been trying to find as much information as possible about the IVF journey so I am so glad I have found this site. It's a huge financial decision and that has been a big part of our concerns, although we have now come the conclusion that no matter how much it costs it is worth it to be able to have the family we so desperately want!!!
    I have my first appt with the IVF clinic in 3 weeks and I am so excited but scared just because it has been a long journey full of ups and downs already so it's kind of hard to believe that it's all actually happening! I have quit smoking and I do not drink, I've started prenatal vitamins....but after reading all this info I am thinking I should try and at least cut down on gluten, dairy and caffeine also I am curious if anyone DP/DH was taking a mens supplement like Menevit, and if they think that would help. We are just so desperate for this to work!!!
    Thanks again for all the great info. I know everyone has different journeys but it is so good to be able to hear from people who have and are experiencing the same joys and pains that we are going through.
    Wishing for a BFP for everyone!!!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lorafinn

Sounds like you have had a hard time! Let's hope the ivf journey is a short and successful one for you.

My DH is on a multivitamin but he has always taken that so we didn't change anything with him.

I have PCOS and am taking elevit with iodine plus the meds my FS has me on and just tried to eat healthy and exercise.

Hoping it goes well for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kristin,

When is ur blood test?? And how r u feeling??

Lorafin,
    Hope it's a smooth journey for you from here onwards!!

Im seeing counseling tomorrow afternoon. Still sad about the whole thing and currently undergoing acupuncture week 2

Lets hope it's BFP for all of us !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi when,

Had my bt yesterday and its a BFP! Very excited but nervous. Hoping it's super sticky! Hcg was 899 progesterone 24 so pessaries have been increased so hopefully it rises. Next bt is Monday!

How are you going? Hope it goes well with the counsellor.

Fingers crossed next cycle is the one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yey kristan

Congratulations on your bfp what an amazing time for u. Keep us posted with your bt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks motherwillbe!! How are you going? How far along are you now??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I'm kind of a silent stalker on here, I rarely make any comments on this thread. But first time IVFers pull at my heart strings and so do BFPs!

Congratulations to Kristan!
    And good luck to lorafinn

[PG mentioned]
    After more than 3 years of trying, with numerous tests, we were told there was no reason we couldn't conceive. We went through our first IVF cycle in Feb this year. And I got my first ever BFP! It took me 2 ultrasounds for it to sink in. I was so terrified of something happening in the first stages, but I'm now 15 weeks and I can see a little bump growing. Everything has been going good so far.

Over those three years, we tried 4 IUIs, naturopathy, elevit, menevit, DH switched to boxers and started taking tribulus (instead of menevit) as well. As part of my naturopathy treatment, I switched to low-carb, low dairy and high protein, more fruit and veg with an assortment of herbs and supplements. This was to give my liver a chance to "detox" and rest so that it could focus more on producing the right hormones. Well, 9 months of that didn't really get any results, but it might work for someone else. They recommend to try it for at least 3 mths.

I think what finally worked for me was starting acupuncture before I did IVF. They were brilliant. We still maintained our diets (to a lesser degree) and took elevit etc. My approach to IVF was a little more relaxed. I didn't do a lot of research into it, I just asked questions as they presented themselves. I put my trust completely in the FS and clinic. I also made sure I took the time off that I needed to recover/relax. My best tip is to go home after embryo transfer with your favourite treat and your fave funny movie. Laughing (and chocolate) releases endorphins (similar to post-sex). We fell asleep on the couch ha ha!

I wish you all the best and sprinkling baby dust for you all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kristan. I am doing really well and I'll be 7 weeks on Friday

My first scan is this Thursday and I can't wait. I'm so anxious still. I can't wait to c my scan and also to see my belly grow. It is all sinking in slowly. I have no motivation to be at work already I just want to be able to tell everyone. Time seems to go so slow. I'm working on a 2 year project and all I can think is I'm not even going to be here

Msconception thanks for your story. It's great to hear success stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Msconception,

So happy for you! Hope this pregnancy is a smooth one. I've had a bumpy ride myself and am really excited but nervous too. I had an ectopic in January and want to make sure this lil bubba is in the right place.

Motherwillbe,

How exciting your first scan this week. I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm only 2.5 weeks behind you so will be nice to share the experiences with someone.

The next 6 days is going to go so slowly till my next bt! Hurry up already!!