+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default thank you

Hi ladies, I am already so thankful for this thread. I joined maybe 2 hours ago (i've been floating around the pages) and feel so relieved that there is woman actually TALKING about IVF and their opinions openly!
    We (hubby and I) decided to not tell people about us having to through IVF and I think the 1st person I saw after that conversation I told them ...
    woops.. but now i have found myself feeling not so alone! I have been talking about it with family and my close friends.. (ok.. and the occasional random) but I finally feel so much more free as its not a deep dark secret anymore! and occasionally I dont feel like punching people in the head when they ask "sooo.. when are you gunna have kids hey" (and i quietly visualise saying to them "sooo... have you ever been head but before"
    haaha sorry!! it 12:30am and i'm excited and way over tired and yeah .. time to go to bed!!
    so anyway... I look forward to hearing of your travels and hope to share some postive news with everyone soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not that I have been IVFing for long... I am finding it really helpful to keep an A5 size diary to keep all of my paperwork, medication schedule and appointments in, it's also handy to write any thoughts or questions down in too.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fetus Beads For This Useful Post:

carlyandmark  (04-09-2011),Cazza1981  (05-02-2012),monkeyrock  (12-01-2011),Rutabaga  (23-10-2011),Zebby  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi flutterbaby

I, too, am only new to this site and IVF. I would be interested to hear of your IVF journey!

Good luck!

monkeyrock

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Monkeyrock,
    I love the name! so cute!
    well yes i feel like holding your hand hey as we walk up this new road in our journey! its so amazing I feel so connected on here! My hubby is a wonderful man but copes so differently to me, and all my family and friends think ''trying'' is a 2 week practice session..! its very frustrating and annoying when people try to offer advice too! I know they are speaking out of love but they seriously do not even slightly understand! but I am really trying to stay positive cause being __ isnt going to help anyone! but coming on here has totally encouraged me! the first time I was on here . i think was around 4 hours just reading peoples experiences! i found so much comfort in not being alone! I can not believe how many woman experience this!
    I wish you baby dust
    Keep in touch!
    flutterbaby x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey flutterbaby!

Thanks, the name is the place where my husband and I were married in Fiji. What a great time we had (sighs)!

So, the journey so far . . .

Yesterday I met my FS for the first time. He seems really nice, and given the fact that I know zero about artificially making babies, he really “dumbed” things down for me! I felt very comfortable (wait ‘til I hit the “legs in the air” treatment and ask me if I still feel comfortable, eh?!), and informed when I left his office. Unfortunately, my husband couldn’t get the day off to come due to the appointment being at such short notice (saw the OB on Tuesday and he made the appt for Thursday!). Bit of a pain, but without him there to sign consent forms, authorise treatment, etc, I couldn’t book any form of treatment! I didn’t realise that we could organise treatment so rapidly! Doh! So, I’ve made another appointment with FS for this coming Friday back in Adelaide, with husband in tow this time, to confirm the treatment options and start the process!

At this stage, we will look at IUI maybe for one or two shots, and if no success from there, I guess start IVF. I talked about it with my husband last night, and he indicated he wanted to go straight into IVF due to the chance/success rate being 30-35% for IUI versus 45% for IVF. But, I am scared sh!tless of heading straight into IVF, and would like to maybe “ease into it” by doing IUI. I’d love to hear your thoughts? As I said before, I know ZERO about the nitty gritty’s of each treatment, so please, anyone, feel free to share your experiences!

flutterbaby, what stage are you at with your treatment? Keep in touch!

monkeyrock

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Monkey Rock,

whether to try IVF or IUI all depends on what the problem/s are. IUI, as i understand it is best when there is no problem with the actual sperm or egg but the sperm are slow swimmers???? But please correct me here.

No matter what you do it will be daunting. Have questions prepared for your next FS appointment. Your FS wouldn't have suggested IUI if he didn't think it could be successful. MY FS just didn't give us that option even though we did ask about it. My DH has poor morphology so would be unable to fertilize an egg without actually being injected into it (ICSI).

There are sooooo many things to consider. A succussful IVF cylce would be less scary that multiple failed IUI cycles (but neither offers any guarantees). IUI is also cheaper, so success with that would mean more money in your pocket. I always liked the idea that the embryo would never be outside of me and in a lab, but IUI just wasn't for me.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask LOTS

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayemkayare For This Useful Post:

Cole77  (15-08-2011),Rutabaga  (23-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I totally agree with alot of you are saying.

Excuse the lack of knowledge with terms and abreviations.

So my partner and i have been together for 5 years in May and I too are totally over every second person asking when were having one of our own. Its even more frustrating when the girl i work next to is about to pop and little old me is just sitting around practising my heart out but due to the fact of the boi have a vascectomy in his last marriage makes trying only fun some times.

We both have been to see IVF Sunshine Coast. Loved the doctors loved the idea of being a mum in progress. Then work fell short and $$$ was very tight. Then i heard of the new medicare pay only the gap. Like wow. About time...

So from memory we need ICSI done but the cost is what i need. Or even a rough gap figure. Im 28 in may and feel a little incomplete. I love my step kids to death but feel empty when there not around.

Does any one know any rough $$$ for ICSI?

Thanks heaps for listening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    jmkr

I think you are right, IUI has to do with low sperm count. But my DH's isn't really that low, at least that's what my OB said. Maybe the FS thinks differently? Well, I guess we will find out next Friday! I was a bit cross yesterday as my OB's receptionist made the appt on Tuesday for me for yesterday and assured me that all the referral material, notes, tests and results would be with my new FS by the time I got there. But, NUP! So the FS and I had to kind of wing it! It was kind of a wasted trip in the end, albeit informative.

Yes, I see from your signature that status of you and your husband, and I hope you don't mind, but I get a bit of a giggle about the "reproductive disasters" part! Have a good weekend!

Hi krystlesoreilly

I'm not sure of what other FS's charge, but Fertility SA have listed approximate costs on their website if you wanna take a look. I have heard that some FS vary quite a lot, anywhere up to 2 grand difference is some cases. But don't call me an expert on that. We are lucky due to the fact of a good private health company.

Good luck, and maybe try a ring around, or a bit more googling!

monkeyrock

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyrock View Post
    Hey flutterbaby!

Thanks, the name is the place where my husband and I were married in Fiji. What a great time we had (sighs)!

So, the journey so far . . .

Yesterday I met my FS for the first time. He seems really nice, and given the fact that I know zero about artificially making babies, he really “dumbed” things down for me! I felt very comfortable (wait ‘til I hit the “legs in the air” treatment and ask me if I still feel comfortable, eh?!), and informed when I left his office. Unfortunately, my husband couldn’t get the day off to come due to the appointment being at such short notice (saw the OB on Tuesday and he made the appt for Thursday!). Bit of a pain, but without him there to sign consent forms, authorise treatment, etc, I couldn’t book any form of treatment! I didn’t realise that we could organise treatment so rapidly! Doh! So, I’ve made another appointment with FS for this coming Friday back in Adelaide, with husband in tow this time, to confirm the treatment options and start the process!

At this stage, we will look at IUI maybe for one or two shots, and if no success from there, I guess start IVF. I talked about it with my husband last night, and he indicated he wanted to go straight into IVF due to the chance/success rate being 30-35% for IUI versus 45% for IVF. But, I am scared sh!tless of heading straight into IVF, and would like to maybe “ease into it” by doing IUI. I’d love to hear your thoughts? As I said before, I know ZERO about the nitty gritty’s of each treatment, so please, anyone, feel free to share your experiences!

flutterbaby, what stage are you at with your treatment? Keep in touch!

monkeyrock

Hi Monkeyrock,
    We just decided even if new Dr suggests IuI etc... we want to do IVF/ICSI (I think that is how its spelt).. we have been waiting almost 4 years and I dont want even 1% less of a chance it working.. so thats why we have chosen to just go for it! There really isn't that much different in cost when we are already over in the thousand $ mark, the way we see it anyway!
    I dont know if this helps.. but I am trying to be as simple as possible about this complicated process!! lol....soooo yeah... thats it really..now we are seeing the FS next week.. so let the games (and alot of waiting) begin
    But I know one thing is that I will be needing to hear from everyone on here to keep me sane!
    I can't wait to hear of your journey too! stay tuned!! heehee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies. I'm too new to this site, joined today. I'm nearlly 29 and have been married 5 years. My hubby and I are dying to be parents and have now been unsuccessful for nearlly 4 years. My next stage now is ivf which we will try this year. In 09 we tried assisted insamination but no luck :-(. I had surgery November last year as the found a cyst the size of an apple on my ovary. The doctors said this would have no reason for me not falling but I'm trying to stay positive and think it's my turn ( isn't it) Seeing my freinds fall pregnant around me is really hard, especially when you have to smile and say congrats " I'm so happy for you " ( but really I could go home now and crawl into bed and cry !!!
    It doesn't help having a mother inlaw telling you maybe it's cos your too big ( size 12 isn't big) or maybe you eat too much chicken, or maybe your body is killing his sperm, there the funny ones just to name a few reasons why she thinks I havnt given her a grandchild yet. ( because it's all about her being a Nanna) stupid mother inlaws lol. Well I hope I havnt bored you , didn't know where to start on this site, but I hope I can meet some great helpful people that atleast know what I'm going through, because at the moment I have nobody that understands :-(