+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi when

ET scheduled for wed and BT will be mon 7 may. I'm thinking about taking the day off as no matter what the result is I don't think I'll want to be with work colleagues. All this anxiety kills me!

Ive been drinking warm water which seems to help. Not the most tasty drink but it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!

When,

Good luck today. Hoping for a BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mammalinz, I am only starting IVF & finding this forum helpful although no idea what half the accronams are......very new to all of this. Starting FSH injection on the 11th May for the first time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdemps View Post
    Hi Hopeful,
    ivf is more of a strain on the woman than it would ever be on the man. I have had 9 cycles, 7 unsuccessful, 1 m/c and 1 still going.
    as for costs, well it is expensive up front, about $8000.00.
    But after the cycle is done you can get back about $5000.00-$5500.00, from medicare, plus a little more from health cover for hospital costs if you have it.The rest you claim on tax keep the receipts.(when medical expenses go over a certain amount per year)
    In the end it is up to you, but remind your dh that the main thing he has to do is provide a specimen, or turn up for a relatively simple procedure to extract sperm (if necessary)
    basically you wait until your next AF, and then start injections on about day 1, daily injections in your tummy. you may then on day 5 start an additional injection, these usually have to be taken at the same time daily. You have to go in every few days for blood tests, and ultrasounds.
    When you are ready they collect you eggs, and the sperm, best option is for them to do icsi, and hope you get as many as possible fertilised eggs.
    about 2-5 days later you will go in to have a embryo transfer, which is similar to a pap smear.
    All cycles are different, I am just giving you my experience, some go longer than others, some are quicker, it depends what protocol your FS has you on.
    best of luck to you hope this helps!
    Jen xo
    Hi Jen,

I am glad I found your post as this it what I am about to start (the injections & ICSI), it was nice to read in simple terms rather than the sometimes confusing medical terms!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi when

When is your bt? I know it was sometime this week, have u had it yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Motherwillbe

How have you been feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

my bt results are back.

Hcg levels are low at 23 but protesterone levels are very high.

They want me to re test Monday and hopefully hcg levels rise. They said it can go either way.

Anyone experienced at low hcg??

Im afraid!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kristin and when

Im feeling good. Except for my sore boobs and a slight headache today I've managed to get through this cycle pretty easily. I'm trying my best to fill in my time so the 2ww goes quickly.

Kristin how are feeling after your cycle? Will u take a break or go straight to ur fet?

When - isn't detection of any hcg mean your pregnant? Did u use progesterone until ur bt? I wonder if that affects the levels? I use the cream twice a day which is why my boobs are killing me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by When View Post
    Hi there,

my bt results are back.

Hcg levels are low at 23 but protesterone levels are very high.

They want me to re test Monday and hopefully hcg levels rise. They said it can go either way.

Anyone experienced at low hcg??

Im afraid!!
    When - how many DPO are you? I've not had any positive experiences with low HCG but there are others that have. If you start a new thread asking I'm sure you'd get a mixture of responses. I think there has recently been a thread about HCG, maybe look back a few pages & see if you can find it.

Good luck, I hope you're one of the lucky one's and you just had a late implanter your levels rise appropriately

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi When,

Yes I had low HCG levels when I fell pregnant last year doing IUI and had to re test every second day for a week until they were finally happy that I was definately staying pregnant. My levels by then had gone up dramatically. Unfortunately we didn't know at the time it was ectopic but that's not really something you need to be concerned about. Good luck your next test has increased HCG levels!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Motherwillbe,

Yes I'm now day 2 and have started taking Progynova again. Go in Thursday for a scan. Not looking forward to using the progesterone again!! When is your blood test?