+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies
    We had our 1st ivf recently. 6 eggs, 3 fertilized, 1 transfered day 3, 2 frozen. Tried to implant but failed.
    Waiting for af so we can start preparing for fet. I am seeing an acupuncturist for fertility and stress. I must say i do believe she has helped so far. I didn't allow myself to properly focus on me (family tragedy didn't help) whilst we went through our first attempt. I am this time.
    I was told to keep my feet warm at all times also. I drink 1 cup of greenblend coffee a day but I will stop once af arrives, I will try anything to get this next 1 to stick. Also told not to eat chicken.
    Drs are thinking I'm having implantation failure as I've now had 3 early mc, 1st 2 were natural conception. Our fet transfer will also have assisted hatching. I feel like a chicken.
    I have a low egg reserve so if this next attempt dosen't work we are going to opt for another egg pickup before they all disappear. We will freeze any extra embryos, my clinic will only transfer 1 at a time unless you have certain medical factors happening. Oh, i do have endo. dh is fine.
    I really had no idea just how stressed out I was going to get, poor dh has had to put up with my moods. I still find myself tearring up over stupid things and avoiding my pregnant friends, I won't even walk past the baby section in Target atm.
    Must say, this is the 1st time I'm actually looking forward to af coming. The waiting is the worst though. Waiting, waiting, waiting.......seems thats all I am doing. Oh dear, sorry to prattle on like that, I really am still hoping for the best.
    Good luck everyone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck amp It's so hard all this waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had our appointment last night with our FS and found out that i have a low egg reserve so have been feeling DEVASTATED! I am starting IVF next week and ready through this blog thread has really make me feel more positive! I, like most other newbies so desperately want to start a family and the whole IVF things can be soooooooooo overwhelming!

Thanks you all for sharing!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck Amps and GStef!

Certainly, reading through this forum just makes the journey and ordeal of ttc alot easier and more positive, knowing that we are not alone...it helps to talk to others that are going through the same thing, providing more grounds for understanding, support and advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thinking of u all going thru this journey, we have just finished 5 years of IVF (5 years this month was our first EPU) with 1 year of IUI before that, we finally have our little baby girl in our arms. It can be done, u just need to remember to do whats best for you, and to look after yourself thru this journey. be healthy and sensible, there is heaps of advise here but use it as a guideline not as gospel, we tried everything!!! cut out everything!!! took everything!!!! and what finally worked for us had nothing to do with herbs or anything. but it doesn't mean it won't work for u, everyone is different. just take gentle care of ureself especially thru this journey.

babydust to u all, and may ure journeys be successful.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

22Molly22  (14-02-2012),JemJems  (10-04-2012),Kenta  (01-02-2012),Lillac  (31-03-2012),Little Feet  (06-02-2012),paddlegirl  (12-03-2012),wewannabub  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New To IVF

Hey guys was just reading through some of your comments and advice, i have had 3 babies all naturally, After having a marriage breakdown and raising 3 babies on my own i had my tubes tied... i had so many complications with having the clips on they decided to undo their procedure.... Now i have met my soul mate and bestfriend and now fiance we have spoken about it ( DP doesnt have children) and opted to go through IVF
    I have been taking the Synarel nasal spray for the last week and started the injections thursday, That was a very weird experience !
    i have to go to the hospital on friday to have a scan to see how everything is going!
    Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited, If its not this time it will be the next time and if not that time then the next
    Fingers crossed for everyone trying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I am a newbie and DH and I are starting our first cycle next month. Trying to be positive after 6 years of trying with no sign of any problems with either hoping this will be our chance to have the baby we have wanted for so long. I am concerned about the weight gain as I am quite susceptible to gaining weight any advice for keeping the weight off?

good luck everyone
    Last edited by wishful05; 10-02-2012 at 22:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all im 23 and single i have my first appointment with dr bill watkins next month im so scared and nervous, im praying i get accepted and can start treatment soon after, im just absolutly petrified he will turn me down because im young and single, but he seems pretty fair after all he said he believes single women should have the right to have a child just like everyone else, my problem is not infertility but extreme anxiety when it comes to the opposite sex thanks to my over protective farther he made me so scared of men that i cant even have sex ive tried dozens of times but i just breakdown crying and cant go through with it so now that natural conception is out of the question ivf is my last and only hope so hopefully next month my prayers will be answered

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First Timer

Hi Ladies,

Just going through first cycle now. If there is one thing I've learned so far, it is to not expect to know everything. I think all the research in the world doesn't prepare you for the curve balls that get thrown your way. It has been so unpredictable!

In the course of one day, I went in to BT & U/S optimistic and left feeling absolutely gutted because FS started talking about cancelling the cycle cause he only found one follicle. I was crying in the car and into my coffee. Then I receive the results later saying my E2 levels are really high, meaning I have more follies! WTF? Another scan the next day reveals 11 follies and we're on.

You can't plan your EPUs or FETs, because you don't know how your levels will behave...

So basically just accept you don't have any control in the matter and just go along for the crazy ride. Hopefully you arrive with a BFP

Good luck to everyone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MsConception For This Useful Post:

Della77  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I"m getting ready hopefully for a successful FET, our ivf/icsi attempt didn't take but left us with two frozen embryos. I'm having acupuncture along with the prescribed progynova. I have my day 10 scan/bt tomorrow at 8 days, I'm not looking forward to it as my fs is away and I won't be having the scan at his clinic, have to travel to an independant imaging place, then over to my fertility clinic for the bt, sux because I have to travel 1 1/2 hrs to get there in the first place. Didn't like finding that message left on my phone late this arvo. I will have to leave home before 6am to get there on time then hope I'm first in the queue. All this waiting, travelling, poking and proding certainly takes the romance out of the whole experience.