+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my hint for everyone using injections
    dont put the needles in the fridge only the drug this way no cold sting when it goes in
    hope it helps
    goodluck all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to miffy25 For This Useful Post:

Mariam78  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies,
    I have had 11 cycles if IVF, and from my experience all the unsuccessful cycles i was having a drink of wine, drinking coffee, sugar and basically living life as we all normally would do. I was smoking too.
    Having had some consultation with a natropath, reading blogs, and communicating with other women on forums like this, my last cycle was successful. All I can say is if you want to do IVF it is a change of lifestyle and I recommend no caffeine, (green tea has caffeine) no smoking, no sugar, no gluten, and dairy. This is extreme I know, but you don't have to give up everything. Caffeine,smoking and alcohol is a no no though. Also there is pre genetic testing you can have done on your embryos which although costs extra is worth the effort. It can sort out the embies which have downs or not the right amount of chromosomes which cannot be seen under a normal or polscope, and can help your dr/fs select the best embies to implant. If one is selected that has downs, it naturally wont implant causing more heartache.

I hope you all have successful cycles and all the best heres to lots of ++++ positives in the future.
    Jen xo
    p.s I am now 6 months pregnant, well worth giving up the small things for a while.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jackdemps For This Useful Post:

Mariam78  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdemps View Post
    All I can say is if you want to do IVF it is a change of lifestyle and I recommend no caffeine, (green tea has caffeine) no smoking, no sugar, no gluten, and dairy. This is extreme I know, but you don't have to give up everything. Caffeine,smoking and alcohol is a no no though. .
    Agreed. I've always figured that the best rule of thumb when undergoing IVF is treat your body like you're already pregnant. And like jackdemps (and many others) it seems to do the trick.

And it's really not that hard to give up - after all, when you DO get pregnant, those things are (more or less) off the list anyway, and then still when you're breastfeeding. You miss it much less than you think you will.

Believe me when I say it's all worth it in the end, and it makes sense to give yourself the best possible shot at it. Otherwise it ends up a big fat waste of time, energy, money and emotion.

Just a thought....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I am new to IVF we are TTC no.3 after a few heartbreaking losses on the way I have read over a few posts trying to get a little info although I am not reading to much into it as everyone is different and most people that I know that have had IVF have came out with a BFP so rather then think things and what could happen try and focus on the positive things and go with it that's all I am doing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Teesh

Great that you have started out with a positive attitude toward IVF - believe me when I say I handled the "news" not very well.....

You're right in that there are LOTS of BFPs and positive outcomes in IVF-land... and over time, you get to find the pros of IVF, instead of seeing just the "cons" (ie $$$$$, seemingly endless blood tests and scans, lots of fun drugs, etc etc)

For one, sex becomes enjoyable again....when there is no pressure to conceive from it, you can find the "joy" again..... (TMI, right???)

Welcome - and please feel free to ask any questions or share/vent anything on your mind =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kseds I am just trying to stay positive I do understand some stories are different and I feel for the ones that are still trying after a few IVF attempts and that could be me but I am just taking one step at a time.. I just had a scan to find lots of eggs with 9 great ones so egg pick up for me is on Wed I am a little nervous but just trying to stay calm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Technically I haven't started my first IVF ICSI cycle yet...but my advise would be...don't stress so much if your DH/DP isn't able to attend appts.

I felt so much pressure about this, and after attending my first nurses appt last Friday, I now realise, all that matters is what is important to you. I attended this appt by myself and it was fine! I felt this huge expectation that it was expected that DH needed to attend all the appts...

This stuff is hard enough as it is without adding extra pressure on ourselves.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Renvind For This Useful Post:

Mariam78  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again , hope all is going well with everyone!

I am about to start my IVF journey very soon, though I am very anxious regardless of trying to follow the advice of staying positive.
    I would love to hear some advice, details, anything regarding treatment just to keep in mind when I go in to the FS, or things that might otherwise be unexpected.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdemps View Post
    hi ladies,
    I have had 11 cycles if IVF, and from my experience all the unsuccessful cycles i was having a drink of wine, drinking coffee, sugar and basically living life as we all normally would do. I was smoking too.
    Having had some consultation with a natropath, reading blogs, and communicating with other women on forums like this, my last cycle was successful. All I can say is if you want to do IVF it is a change of lifestyle and I recommend no caffeine, (green tea has caffeine) no smoking, no sugar, no gluten, and dairy. This is extreme I know, but you don't have to give up everything. Caffeine,smoking and alcohol is a no no though. Also there is pre genetic testing you can have done on your embryos which although costs extra is worth the effort. It can sort out the embies which have downs or not the right amount of chromosomes which cannot be seen under a normal or polscope, and can help your dr/fs select the best embies to implant. If one is selected that has downs, it naturally wont implant causing more heartache.

I hope you all have successful cycles and all the best heres to lots of ++++ positives in the future.
    Jen xo
    p.s I am now 6 months pregnant, well worth giving up the small things for a while.
    Thanks Jackdemps. After about >5yrs ttc, I have finally forced myself to stick to a strict diet that's caffeine and gluten free, and I dont drink so my diet has always been alcohol free.
    Although I think i have a more-or-less balanced diet, I have made alot of attempts at curbing on tea and cutting out simple carbs and unfortunately I don't last for more than 2-3 weeks. However, the past few weeks I have decided that since I am starting my IVF journey soon, I have to give it every shot to increase the chances of success and health from the 1st cycle.
    And while being caffeine free is no problem for me, I am finding it challanging to stay gluten free as my diet largely consisted of breads and bakery, but i am still persisting so i hope it pays off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miriam, good luck with your cycle, I was the same, as I love carbs, but there are a lot of gluten free substitutes out there, you would be surprised at the sub-culture which is gluten free eating!! the foods are there, pastas, breads, rice flour, rice milk etc.. besides when you do get the BFP +++ you can go back to the carbs to your hearts delight!!
    I think undergoing IVF you should really give it your best shot, as it is so emotionally and financially draining. You will see the it is woth giving up some foods for a while the result will be your reward!!
    Jen xo