+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    6 years trying, so sorry you have lost another pregnancy. It's so unfair to get excited about a bfp and thinking surely nothing could go wrong again and such an awful feeling when it does. I go to tas ivf and have had 6 m/c . I have had many tests with nothing showing up yet, hope your tests give you some answers so you can try something different and get a sticky bubba.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen,

I also feel unlucky with my journey. 4 x insem, 1 FTF and 2 frozen, and 15 months later they still dont know why we cant get pregnant. I have taken breaks, overseas holidays, I just dont know anymore.

Any advice?

KT

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to IVF

We've just started today on our IVF/ICSI journey and reading others experience is helping me so thank you for sharing. I wish everyone luck this year too who are also on this journey.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

tracey2010  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if this is of use to anyone.....there are always new studies done every week it seems that tell you something different.....
    But in any case, we are TTC #2 - after two failed FETs, I read somewhere that cutting out caffeine is supposed to improve your chance of success. So as soon as we were heading back into FET cycle #3, I stopped drinking coffee, diet coke, etc. All I allow myself is a bit of chocolate from time to time.

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but we have found ourselves with a BFP on FET #3...!!! Still early days.......but already further than we got on the previous two...

Just a thought....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kseds For This Useful Post:

Mariam78  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys
    Im new to ivf and on my 3rd day of puregon.
    I have a couple of questions that I would really loved answered
    Question one, Should I stay away from alcohol while taking my injections puregon and on the 6th day orgalutran !! My ivf doctor (Dr Watkins) said one or two glasses should be fine but just wondering what other people think and what their doctor said about alcohole whiule on ivf injections!!
    Question two... I was searching the internet yesterday about question one and came across a site that said I should stay away from caffine while on ivf injections. I dont drink coffee at all but do have a energy drink when Im tired or sick. Well the day of my first injection I had an energy drink called Rockstar (suger free one) because I was feeling sorry for myself because I have the flu. The next day I was at work (second injection day) and had another one. That night is when I came across a site telling me caffine is a no, no while on ivf injections. Now I'm totally freaking out that I may have ruined first two ivf injections. Do you think I will be fine or should I really be worried

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda86 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dont stress out!

Hi Amanda,

Dont stress out about the alcohol and caffeine. Our doctor told hubby and me that it is better to continue what we do but reduce it slowly, then completely give it up and shock the body.

Hope that helps

KT

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also on day 3 of injections but I'm doing gonal f. I drink a lot of green tea but am trying to cut down the caffeine.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will be starting IVF in either 2 weeks or 2 months (depends if there is a cancellation of an appt) and was wondering if someone could roughly tell me on which cycle days you need to go for bloods and u/s?

I don't know when I will be able to get my appt to start and am wanting to work out time frames for work etc before hand.

My understand is you go for an u/s at CD3 and then bloods every second day until it's time to trigger?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KT29, I was so worried about the caffeine question. Since reading on an internet site about not drinking caffeine, I havent touched any energy drinks since.
    I don't drink alcohol all that often. I probably only drink 4 times a year (AFL Grand finals, Melbourne cup, My Birthday and our local Devonport cup). I'm not the type to pull out a bottle of wine on a lazy friday night at home. The reason why I asked about the alcohol question is because our local devonport cup is in 2 days and everyone I know will be drinking some sort of alcohol apart from me. I know this sounds bad, but I just wanted to see if I could possibley have 2 or 3 glasses of wine while at the cup. I have been trying to call the ivf clinic all day to ask them that question but sadly, I keep getting the answering machine. So thats why I thought I would ask the members of bubhub as well. I don't care if I drink or not, just want to see if I had that option too.