+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping4asticky1 View Post
    Chunky - Its unfortunate you feel this thread is negative and depressing, that is not what it was created for. Statistics prove it is unlikely to happen on your first attempt BUT it can happen. That is all that the earlier posters were trying to share. This thread was intended to be a warts and all information thread, it is up to you what you take out of it. I have seen many people come and go who were too sure they would only need the 1 cycle and that would be it, all to see them come crashing down hard. If this thread can help ease the pain for someone of not getting a BFP first go, then it's intention is realised.

There is no reason not to be positive and hopeful, it can happen 1st go, just be aware that this is not always the case and that the people that have posted in this thread are just trying to help ease the possible heartache that some will endure.
    I understand what the messages were trying to achieve, I just don't agree with it. My post was sharing what reading a thread with several people saying, 'dont think it will happen' achieved for me.

It wasn't a personal attack or singling anyone out, I was just sharing my experience of what worked for me as a new IVFer - the other thread REALLY worked for me, this one didn't as much. I thought that was the point of this thread?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chunky - I am one of those lucky enough to have success first go. I knew it was possible from the very positive stories of others, but I was also prepared in case it didn't happen straight away. People who tell those stories aren't trying to bring others down, they are just trying to save others from as much disappointment as they went through by getting their hopes up too much and then having them come crashing down. I've found both positive and negative stories helpful in preparing myself for all sorts of scenarios.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    Firstly, a big thank you for all who shared their stories, thoughts and wishes of success for others, I am a new member, but have been a constent visitor.

Secondly, I need help...I reside in Melbourne north, I have been TTC for just over 5 yrs now, diagnosed with PCOS...underwent 2 laparascopies, the 2nd laparascopy discovered that i have partially blocked tubes on both sides and both are very sluggish...been on Ovulation Induction with Timed Intercourse for about 1 years in total (i did it intermittenly, it wasnt every consecutive month as my and hubby were very busy with study and exams at times... I first did it with the Royal Women's for about 7 months in total...then I went privately and currently seeing Dr Nicole Hope with Monash IVF since March this year). I am currently on my 4th consecutive OI cycle with Monas IVF, and for this cycle.

I have tried all steps before IVF and no success. I am planning my first IVF for my next cycle which should be in about a month's time if no sucess with this cycle. Although I am planning to go with Dr Hope and Monash IVF for now... I am searching around for other female Dr's and less pricey clinics in the Melbourne area. So any experiences, advice for new IVFs, things to consider when undergoing IVF, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and success to All.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello again well my breast lumps are all ok they just want to keep an eye on them see if they grow I find out in a couple days if our AI worked so that this time our dreams come true

Thanks
    Reviews
    the best of luck 6 years trying, and and/or

Thanks
    Reviews
    Although it's the lady who undergoes all the treatment cycles don't forget your man is probably feeling a lot of emotion and feeling of being a bit lost too. Never underestimate how this journey can be affecting the IVF Men. It's a tough journey for everyone.

During my cycles we started off telling everyone. Then suddenly realised that with every cycle there was the anticipation from everyone wanting to know the result. When it was a BFN it was so hard having to tell everyone who was waiting anxiously to know. As time went on we told fewer and fewer people. It just made it a little easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iam so confused we had to do a test yesterday so see if Iam pregnant and there was a very faint line there so I rang the ivf doc he said do another test tomorrow and if the line is still there then I must be pregnant iam excited scared confused all at the same time so can you cross your fingers tomorrow for me but my worry is if Iam pregnant the next thing will be getting it to stay there ( I have had 4 m/s) anyway

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi well lets I got a BFP today the first ivf positive we have had after trying ivf for 2 years I just cant believe it we have been trying for so long 6 years all up I really hope it stays there and does not result in another m/s

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW, congratulatiooooooons!!! really happy for you. and for a sticky1.
    Pray for me that I get a BFP this cycle.