+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    Well new to this and with ivf so i am just reading and seeing where to go from here....... I am going to QFG in toowoomba and my hubby and i have decided to start off my next cycle in November about the 10th i hope....... We both have children and this is my second marriage and we are going down the ivf road as have tubes tied about 6 years ago. I am excited but so scared as it is so costly and I really just want it to work first time ........ we are also deciding one or two eggs back as more than one baby at a time scares me so still deciding on that part. I am finding it so hard as we are not telling anybody as dont want to get hopes up to much .... so glad i can talk on this site so please anyone have any info for me would be great......
    thanks mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg. Can't sleep again. Sunday night prior to egg collection was hell and it seems like tonight is turning out the same. Embryo transfer tomorrow morning and I'm trying to stay positive. But it's only our first attempt and I know it's not always successful. - just like any month really. If I could just get to sleep I would be there making it happen and wouldn't be lying in bed stewing over it. I hate how it's all about waiting... Do you think it's the universe telling me something?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all! This is my first post so hopefully I do it right . I just had one suggestion which is to get a pill box if you are taking lots of medications. There is nothing worse than having the added stress of did I or didnt I take that pill! Im currently on the tww. My final blood test is on 14th nov. Best of luck to all of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Iam very new to all this my Dh and I have been trying for 6 years now and we have had 4 m/s we have done 2 rounds of ivf and 1 AI we are about to have another go at AI in 2 days I just really need to takl to people who know how Iam feeling all I hear all the time is "it will happen one day" or "it will happen when it is suppose to happen" Iam over it its ok for these pepole to say things like that they all have kids not one of my friends or family have ever had a m/s or getting pregnant has never even been hard for them I only have two people to talk to my Dh and a girl at work who got pregnant doing AI Iam trying to stay positive but after 6 years Iam starting to thing will it ever happen???

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh it sucks when people say that doesn't it. I know they mean well, but seriously.
    I also hate it when people seem excited for you when you tell them you are on IVF - I had it happen the other day when I went to the chemist to ask about cough mixture - it was weird telling them - "oh BTW I had an embryo transferred the other day, I'm on IVF" - no it's not exciting, it's crap that I have to do it at all! some sympathy would be nice!!

It is important for us to remember that people are only trying to be nice - they just don't know what to say - after all what can they say - so they try, but get it wrong. It helps me to remember that they are at least trying.
    But it doesn't stop it from being hard.

I have found forums a great place to feel less isolated - so I hope you find the same thing.

There are a bunch of forums around, so make sure you join a few until you find the one that is most helpful and easiest to use for you ;-)

good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iam so confused I have heard so much advice on all things ivf these last couple weeks, eat pineapple, take asprin do this dont do that its just so hard I go to sleep at night and dream of being a mum its all I have ever wanted to do I didnt want to grow up and get a great job and stuff all I wanted was to get married and become a mum I didnt know it would be this hard to become a mum Iam so glad I found my husband when I did and we started trying straight away and didnt leave it later in life as Iam only 26 every christmas I think maybe by next christmas our baby will be here but every year christmas comes round again and still no baby and now to give me something else to worry about I have found a large lump in my breast and hurts a lot when I put my arm up or lift anything hope to get into the doctor tomorrow to see what they say

Thanks
    Reviews
    My advice after going through the first cycle -

** Try to read only positive threads and remember that other people's horror stories are exactly that - other peoples stories - it doesn't mean its going to be your story.

After reading the first few pages of this particular thread I was so disheartened by the people who had said - "Don't think its going to happen on your first go" I just stopped reading. I found it so negative & depressing and like I shouldn't even bother to be hopeful. Having hope is very important and after all the heartache, emotions spent (not to mention the $$$), it can be all you have left.

I receommend reading the below thread of Success stories (many of them first timers!).

http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com...cess-here.html

My other advice is to only think a few days ahead in stages, otherwise it can get overwhelming.

Good luck!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunkymonkey For This Useful Post:

Della77  (14-04-2012),sunshine1974  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me and my DH are embarking on our IVF journey with our interview booked in for 5th December and I would like to express my sincere gratitude for everybody's willingness to share their tips, advice and stories!

I am extremely excited and nervous at the same time, but have comfort in knowing we are not alone!

I hope to share our story as we progress on this amazing endeavor and help others find comfort in something that can be the most miraculous and daunting experience!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi 6 years trying, I know exactly how you feel! It has only been 2 yrs trying for us and we are about to start our first stimulated ivf cycle with icsi, just picked up my drugs today. People are always saying the wrong thing, and as other people have mentioned, no one really knows how you feel unless they have gone through it themselves, although I have always been senstitve to people with fertility issues and know that sometimes its best to just say nothing, even before this happened to me, so I guess some people are just silly, even though they mean well. No one in my family has problems either, my older sister even got pregnant in her late thirties, overweight and a smoker within 3 months. I am overweight too but didn't think this would happen to me, as I said there's no one else in the family. I just turned 30 this yr and all my friends are having kids, and poeple at work, it can be really hard sometimes. I am really nervous about starting. By the way can anyone help with all the acronyms? I have no idea what a lot of the stuff means that you all talk about, I am a real newbie here! All the best ladies, I think I will be chatting often, as it always helps to talk to people who actually understand!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkymonkey View Post
    After reading the first few pages of this particular thread I was so disheartened by the people who had said - "Don't think its going to happen on your first go" I just stopped reading. I found it so negative & depressing and like I shouldn't even bother to be hopeful. Having hope is very important and after all the heartache, emotions spent (not to mention the $$$), it can be all you have left.
    Chunky - Its unfortunate you feel this thread is negative and depressing, that is not what it was created for. Statistics prove it is unlikely to happen on your first attempt BUT it can happen. That is all that the earlier posters were trying to share. This thread was intended to be a warts and all information thread, it is up to you what you take out of it. I have seen many people come and go who were too sure they would only need the 1 cycle and that would be it, all to see them come crashing down hard. If this thread can help ease the pain for someone of not getting a BFP first go, then it's intention is realised.

There is no reason not to be positive and hopeful, it can happen 1st go, just be aware that this is not always the case and that the people that have posted in this thread are just trying to help ease the possible heartache that some will endure.