+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bedlover - Wow! we do have a lot in common My FS is Dr.Mark Bowman - I wonder if we share the share doctor as well? Good luck in your journey too. U r def correct, being on this forum in the past few days is the first time I havent felt "alone" in a long time. DH is wonderful but as much as he tries to be there sometimes its nice to chat to someone who is in our shoes

Here's to hoping our journeys are short and positive.

@Jen - Thank you for yoru advice. I am hoping to do another AMH test in maybe 3 months but regardless, I'm starting the DHEA as of tomorrow I have my first IVF cycle in about 3 weeks so hoping its going to make some sort of a difference... Im guessing it cant hurt, right? At this stage I am willing to try anything....I know its not my fault but part of me feels like Im constantly letting my DH down

Its actually such a catch 22 situation - I have read that one should be on DHEA for 3-4months before it takes full effect but I feel like if I wait 3-4 months - who knows what the egss will be like then? If there are many left at all or not? Also what dose of DHEA have you ladies tried? Soem say 25mg, others 50 and then some say 75mg?

And lastly does anyone know when you need to stop taking DHEA if you have a positive pregnancy test ?

Thank you in advance for any information... Have a lovely week everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Sonia, I am taking 3 tablets a day of the dhea. I had a cycle last december which had a poor result with my eggs, I ended up having a transfer at 3 days with 1 embie (not on dhea) then my next cycle in jan/feb had a great result with the quality of the eggs,transferred 2 embies at day 5. my fs said quote "its quite remarkable, its like its a different person" of the eggs and how they had improved. My problem is they won't stick.
    My dr also said you keep taking the dhea until you get a positive!!
    and remember its not you letting anyone down, life is the way it is, its no-ones fault.
    I will be starting another cycle in about 4-5 weeks too.
    best of luck!! keep positive too. I had some advice from a naturopath, eat food high in iron, avoid chicken (because they ovulate daily), salads and icecream (as they have a cooling effect on the body) warming beefy stews. ginger, NO caffeine, and its best to avoid sugar,gluten and dairy.and of course alcohol.

take care
    Jen xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am going to post some general advice rather than medical or procedure specific - hope it helps someone

1. Purchase yourself a nice notepad/journal to write down details from every appointment. I have one with an elastic around it which is great to hold all the forms/scripts/notes you are given throughout your IVF journey. My journal from our IVF journey for DD turned into my pregnancy notebook then turned into a memory book where I write interesting stories about her 1st year and development. One day it will be a gift to her. But mostly this tip is just to suggest you have a central notepad and pen handy at each appointment then you won't forget things.

2. Purchase as many medications and pay for as many bills etc before July 1 so that it can be included in your tax return as medical and pharmacetiucal expenses for the current financial year. From memory - any medical/pharma expenses over $1000 gets 20% deduction at tax time.

3. Medicare glitch - there is a safety net threshold that you must meet before you get 80% back. When you are single/coupled the threshold is just over $1000 when you have a child it is just over $600. Claim as many reciepts/bills as necessary until you hit that $600 and if your IVF results in a pregnancy and you go private therefore incurring OB fees, claim the rest after your bub is born (and has been added to your medicare card), then you only have to had met the $600 threshold and will get 80% back. This actually worked for me, and I phoned Medicare to see if that was the case and they admitted it was a glitch in their system whereby they don't evaluate each claim by date the procedure occured just by date it is processed.

Good luck

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

paddlegirl  (20-07-2011),Rutabaga  (23-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole - Thanks for your advice, it was all helpful xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default about to start ivf for the first time.....

Hi guys,
    im totally new to this whole ivf thing. always thought i wouldnt have to be the one who has to worry about it. cant believe the up and downs im having before even commencing. everyone seems to have a different story to tell about their experience, its great that peeople are willing to share. im unsure about whether or not to tell people about it in case it doesnt work out.
    anyway its good reading everyones handy hints
    fingers crossed for positive results for everyone on this journey
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    gr8 thread girls

love reading the hints and tips,

keep on posting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad to read the positive vibes!
    I just wanted to add to the positivity!

Dh and I have been so lucky that the ivf (icsi) worked first time around for us... I have had friends who had tried for years... Read so many stories that I had resigned myself to try adoption before ivf... Dh was desperate for his own, I was the one trying to let him know worst case scenario... But then it hit me like a slap to the face "whatever will be will be" and it really helped...
    I've suffered from anxiety for years and had been having anxiety attacks at least weekly for the past two years and had been living on as little as 5 hrs sleep per week...
    My brain allowed me to realize what was important, prioritize and take a deep breath and let it go...
    Please look after yourselves... That is my tip... Treat you... You are after all the only you, and YOU are worth it:-)
    Mwa and warm and well wishes are being sent your way....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Finally... A BFP!!!!

Been reading this site for a while now and watching others move along their journey.

My DH and I today had a BT and got a BFP!!! So excited. This is our second ET and we had only 3 embies from our first IVF cycle so we had our fingers crossed.

4 weeks and now realising that the two week wait before the BT was hard but waiting until the magic 12 weeks may be much harder! I am just bursting to tell anyone that will listen.

No symptoms yet but I have had that many side effects from drugs I wouldn't know what was pregnancy and what wasn't!

Looking forward to sharing the journey with everyone over the next 8 months!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Epu

Hi Ladies,
    Nice to see there is some positive news for the month of June already. We start our very first IVF cycle tomorrow -Im sooo nervous. Despite all the reading I have done etc, I still feel unprepared. I guess we just have to go ahead and have some faith

I was told by my nurse today that the egg retrieval is usually 10-15 days into the cycle. I didnt think that could happen as early as 10 days? Can I ask what experiences have u all had? Its hard to take time off work when I dont even know what days that might be yet.

Also any last minute tips for the first 10 days of the cycle? Has anyone had any positive expeineces? I tried accupuncture but ended up with two painful blood blisters so dont think I'll be doing that again.

Have a lovely day/week everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sonia,
    I have unfortunately had many cycles, and have picked up lots of tips, advice along the way, which you don't seem to get from one person , I have found but many!
    after your transfer, the 2ww, NO sex, no saunas, baths (24hrs)
    It helps to go caffeine free, alcohol free, avoid dairy, and gluten, and excessive chemicals (cleaning agents and perfumes etc) and pollution.
    Another tip I got from a naturopath, was to avoid ice creams, and salads as they have a cooling effect on the body, and we want to keep our uterus warm. Good things to have are beefy soups or stews add ginger also. there is caffeine in green teas and some herbal teas too so check the labels. Also (I know it can be overwhelming) Avoid sugar too.
    good luck on your journey, I start my next cycle on friday.
    Jen xox