+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much....Gosh! U have given me more information in one email than any of the doctors and nurses have given me - Thank you for your time and all the best on your exciting journey

Thanks
    Reviews

Default To freeze eggs or not?

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering is there anyone out there who has frozen their eggs and had a story to share? I recently found out I have a low AMH of 7.4 and am now worried at what rate my eggs are dropping.

DH and I are thinking about freezing some eggs (and embryos later) just in case we dont have much left later on and we are simply starting our journey now. However at clinic SIVF, they seem to not really recommend that proactively

Does anyone have any advice they would like to share? I wish I had done this AMH test earlier - who knows what it would have been a year ago?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Frozen eggs

I once had 8 frozen eggs, 7 of which thawed after 14 months.
    Using ICSI the clinic injected 7 fresh eggs and the 7 frozen eggs using sperm selected from the same sample.
    All of the fresh eggs fertilised, only 3 of the frozen eggs fertilised.
    Some of the fresh eggs grew through to day 5, all of the frozen ones stopped by day 3.

I'd still freeze eggs if they couldn't be used on the appointed day, but I wouldn't set out with freezing as the goal of a stim cycle. Cryostorage was free at my clinic as the technique is still considered experimental.

If you need to bank some insurance then it would be better to turn your eggs in embryos and freeze them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

sonia27  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sonia
    I have been on dhea and would have to say it has helped my embryos, if only it could help them stick.
    there is a compounding chemist in kogarah in belgrave st. thats where i get my dhea from.
    I have had back to back cycles and would not recommend it, it really knocked my ovaries around and I had terrible bloating and pain, it hurt to walk! I would not do it again.The dr that let me do it was at medica ivf at liverpool, but i don't recommend them either.I have since changed dr's.
    I would also have to say freezing your embryos would sound better than just freezing eggs, remember the defrosting is not always successful.
    best of luck
    Jen

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jackdemps For This Useful Post:

sonia27  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies..Its amazing how "easy" I thought this journey was going to be at first but the more I learn about it, the more I realise how much is involved. SIVF states that 95% of their patients fall pregnant within 3 IVF attempts. I guess time will tell. Im thinking about getting a second opinion in the the meantime anyway. Im trying to stay optimistic but its really hard at times... All my friends around me seem to fall pregnant so easily (some even if they dont want to).. Its not fair

Thank you for your advice. My clinic also recommended freezing embryos instead of eggs. Im hoping to start the DHEA this week and perhaps do another AMH test in 6-8 weeks time to see if there is any change at all

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dhea?

Hi again everyone,

Just a quick question reHEA, is it ok to keep taking it while pregnant? Does it help with avoiding miscarriages etc too? Not sure if it is category A i.e. safe to keep taking or not?

PS. I found a compounding chemist in Carlingford court that sells it at a very reasonable price at $50 for about 100 tablets and another chemist in West Ryde Marketplace that sells the IVF meds at a good price too... Just letting you all know if you are looking for any stockists in that area xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooops... DHEA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I am currently part way through my first IVF cycle with EPU looking like Thurs 2 June. I am currently taking Gonal-f (125) which some here say is below the lowest dose but I have had ~20 follicle per ovary in every test I had per IVF so the FS may be being cautious. I am also injecting Cetrotide which has cause some minor skin irritation but generally goes by noon each day.

I have a bit of an embarrassing question - can anyone tell me when you get to be intimate with DH during IVF? FS says not during FSH, then EPU which I imagine will not exactly leave me "in the mood" (!) and then from what I can make out it is pessaries that leave a cottage cheese style discharge (as one person described it - can't wait for that one !!!) through to when AF arrives - or hopefully doesn't arrive at all!

Is it just one of those things that goes right out the window during IVF?

Thanks and sorry if this is a bit of a taboo subject.
    Bxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sonia27 - it seems we have a bit in common... We are also early 30's and frustrated at being told we are still "young" and everything will be fine. We just started at SIVF too and feel like we have wasted a lot of time getting to this point. Ho-hum, no point dwelling on that though hey?!

I think it looks like we will be cycling together - I noticed you in the June thread as well. At least we have each other and all these great ladies on BH to get through it together.

Wishing you lots and lots of luck as you start on this rollercoaster ride.

Bxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    hi bedlover, just regarding the intimacy during cycles, I have had 3 different doctors, and from my understanding no sex after embryo transfer for the 2ww.Otherwise have not heard any reason to not do it.
    With the dhea sonia, my fs told me that is possible it may improve quality of eggs, thats it,(not increase quantity of eggs) so i just think doing another amh test may be a waste of money, although its not that expensive,but its up to you. my pharmacist charges $75 for the dhea and hes a cranky bugger too.
    sonia I really hope your clinic lives up to those stats that is amazing!!
    Jen