+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so glad I found this forum exactly while we are going through our first cycle of IVF... I am 25, DH is 26 and we have been trying for more than 3 years to get pregnant, but no luck and what is more frustrating is that there is nothing wrong with either of us. So, we decided that we can't have hope every month and then get disappointed every time I got my period and we started IVF. We had the egg collection on Monday and we have 4 embryos... The implantation is on Saturday, so it all goes well. I don't know how i will handle the wait until my blood test. I am getting so nervous, scared, excited... so many mixed emotions...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ivy,
    I have nearly completed my 10th cycle uugghh!! transfer on monday, I wish you the best in your 2ww.i will soon be waiting with u.
    jen x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy07 - I hope you are well and wish you luck. You may find it helpful to join one of the threads that you are cycling in. For example, if you are starting in may, there is a may thread for ivfers. You can go in there and chat away to people who will be doing exactly what you are doing. I'm new to all this and have found it to be very helpful. Good luck honey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy - P.S. I just realised your in your TWW as am I. Good luck...x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much... It really is helpful. 9 more days to go I hope they go fast!
    PS Good luck to you too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ivy
    how are you hanging in luv? I just wondering how many embies did you get transferred?
    I had 2 put back in, no frosties.
    my preg test is the 27th. dreaded wait....

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey! I have had a quick read through a few posts on here and am stoked to discover this website. It has helped with quite a bit! Me and DH have been trying for 4 years to fall pregnant but with no luck. We have had all the tests done and it appears to be a problem with his swimmers. Count/Morphology/Motility. We almost signed up with Repromed here in Darwin but after reading about Sydney IVF have decided to go with them. Have a conference call booked in next month so will know where to go from there.

Just a tip as some people have mentioned acupuncture on here. DH and I have both been doing it and its great!. We had a sperm test done of him before acupuncture and it was BAD. Had one done after acupuncture and it had increased by almost double (had the dr saying with these test results he didn't see why we couldn't conceive naturall). Had one done without acupuncture but with menevit and it went back to what it originally was. I go as it helps me to de-stress and it support for him. :-)

I was told I needed to lose weight or they didn't think it would benefit us to do ICSI. I have since lost 37kgs and my BMI is under 30! I am a little concerned about everyones advice saying that you gain weight on the hormones....I don't want to have to go through it all again!.

Anyways just wanted to introduce myself and thank all you lovely ladies for sharing your stories and making me feel less alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - I am new to Bubhub & have been looking for something like this for so long. Its hard to talk to friends as they really dont understand whats what with IVF & I was feeling alone for awhile there until I found this. I am 33 and dh is 30 we had our first cycle of IVF in Feb & I thought I would get preggs first time round as I was healthy and still young and had no fert problems - DH has no swimmers so we had to go down the donor path. We had 2 fresh transferred & 4 made it to frosties. First try was a BFN which was heartbreaking as I believed in my heart it was going to just happen & geared myself up that it was that easy I Kept positive and thought oh well lets try again, second time I gave myself 2 months to get my body back to norm - went to a chinese herbalist and was told to take herbs to prepare myself for round two, I did not do accupuncture however I have read this helps. We did the FET 3 weeks ago & this time I did everything possible to try and increase my chances. I took time off work to relax, I cut out coffee, drank lots of water had hypnotherapy to help me relax during the 2ww, unfortunately AF came a couple of days ago and my whole world fell apart again why why why I cried to myself....Its so hard but I am not going to give up! We only have one snowbaby left so maybe third time lucky...Question is it a good idea to do another FET straight away like in 2 - 3 weeks & should we risk & try grow it to 5 day blast or transfer back in at day 3 - I have heard that if it isnt going to make it to day 5 outside it wont make it to day 5 inside - does anyone know if this is true Like us all I am so looking forward to motherhood - I want this soooo bad.
    Last edited by kiwi77; 22-05-2011 at 11:24.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default About to start IVF at Sydney IVF... Should we?

Hi Ladies,

Firstly thank you to all of you for sharing your journeys. It is so inspiring and good to know we are not alone. Even though I dont know any of you, I already feel like we share a bond

Hubby and I have trying for 10 months but no success. We are in our early 30's and I feel like our doctor (Dr. Bowman) hasnt really taken us very seriously as we are "youngish". We have had to ask for all screening tests ourselves - Hycosy, AMH, Sperm antibodies . And all this because we read this online. But really shouldnt our doctor be directing us to what tests to do? Not us having to ask for them??

Finally, yesterday my AMH results came back at 7.4 and we dont even know what that means? (our doctor is away at the moment) but I am pretty sure its not good news and my ovarian reserve news is dropping. We have had 3 unsuccessful IUI's and we are now thinking of moving to IVF next month. I wonder if they had tested my AMH earlier and we tried IVF earlier -Maybe we could have even conceived by now... So scared that I wont have any eggs left.

If anyone can offer any advice, I'd be so grateful...Is it possible to do two IVF cycles back to back? Is a starting dose of Puregon at 125 too low? Where do you get DHEA from?

Sorry about the 1000 Q's but I am just dying to be a mum..My own mum passed away when I was a baby and its been my biggest dream and now I am so scared it wont come true. However, I remind myself everyday that I WILL stay positive not just for myself and hubby but for our future babies

Anyway, I want to wish all you lovely all the very best.. BABYDUST to you all xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonia27 View Post
    Finally, yesterday my AMH results came back at 7.4 and we dont even know what that means? (our doctor is away at the moment) but I am pretty sure its not good news and my ovarian reserve news is dropping. We have had 3 unsuccessful IUI's and we are now thinking of moving to IVF next month. I wonder if they had tested my AMH earlier and we tried IVF earlier -Maybe we could have even conceived by now... So scared that I wont have any eggs left.

If anyone can offer any advice, I'd be so grateful...Is it possible to do two IVF cycles back to back? Is a starting dose of Puregon at 125 too low? Where do you get DHEA from?
    Hi Sonia,

My AMH was a little higher than yours. 9.4. The class anything under 14 as "possible abnormal ovarian reserve". You should still have eggs left.

It is very unlikely you will be able to do 2 IVF cycles back to back. Most clinics insist on you having a months break inbetween so all drugs are out of your system. Until you know your response to 125 Puregon noone can really say if it's too low for you or not. Your first cycle is usually seen as a "test" cycle to see how you respond BUT there are people who do succeed first go (not common but does happen).

I was on 300 puregon for all 3 of my stim cycles. My FS made that decision due to my age and AMH results. I was one of the luckier ones and got quite a few eggs each cycle (12, 27 then 24).

I've never taken DHEA but believe you require a script from your FS or GP and it needs to be made up by a compounding chemist. Most that take DHEA have between 50 & 75gms a day.

Good luck with your journey. I hope your not on the rollercoaster for long

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping4asticky1 For This Useful Post:

sonia27  (27-05-2011)