+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the recent additions . I can really see some common themes here and so glad I'm making a conscious effort to enjoy the things that you ladies have so selflessly given up for your families. I hope one day when your kids are older that you can reclaim most of the things you miss!

Hi Greenapple - Gosh, can't believe you're 12 wks already! And no, don't think you're complaining at all. Nothing wrong with missing some of the things that were part & parcel of your daily life before your BFP. You have also taught me something I didn't expect- that even after a sh!t TTC journey and failed IVF cycles, the "high" of the BFP doesn't make you immune to the not-so-nice things about pregnancy and you don't necessarily love every minute. I guess I thought that once I got there, I'd be in a constant state of bliss (until contractions anyway)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm new to the parenting thing but the big thing I miss so far is being able to take a nap NOW not when baby is fed/changed/asleep!! I love my naps so its killing me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I miss eatinga full hot meal in peace, going to the toilet in peace and having long hot baths.

MagicalLeopluradon is offline Shun the non believer shunnnn shunnnnnn
    Thanks
    Reviews
    1 thing I miss the most is just going shopping by myself and just basically being able to blow my money on whatever took my fancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone says spontanaity but to be more specific; my friend and her husband celebrated their anniversary a few months ago. They decided to roadtrip to Sydney for the weekend. DH and I have never done that before, and it didn't even cross my mind before we had DD. We could never do that now. I bet they had so much fun together, singing loudly and seeing where they turn up . My DD is at a stage where, unless she is tired, and if the drive is over 20 mins long - she screams/squeals for fun. Cute the first time, annoying the 20th. Just plain frustrating now.

And when she was newborn I missed being able to eat. It sounds crazy but you are so frikkin run off your feet caring for this newborn that you can barely feed yourself. And you just eat crap cos it's the easiest thing to grab.

And sleep...oh the sleep. Having a newborn and being up every few hours = feeling like you are constantly drunk . Your head spins and you feel weak. When you think about it, mother's with newborns probably shouldn't be allowed to drive....But then again, who else is going to do all the million and one things that need to be done?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a great thread to read when I have 2 weeks left of baby free life.... Will make me appriciate the next couple of weeks..... and maybe even fit a few things like having a long bath...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nice to see this thread revived, thanks Nicole83!

Wow Lily, only 2 weeks left . It feels like yesterday I was following your ED thread, now look at you... definitely squeeze in as many things as you can. The wise words of the Mums who replied are very enlightening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Being able to pop to the shops for milk and only taking 5 minutes to do it. Now it's put him in the car, get him out the car, put the pram up, get milk, put him in the car, pram back down, get him out the car and getting milk takes 20 minutes! So I get Daddy to do it

But the kisses and cuddles make up for it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I miss being able to watch a tv show without being interrupted, having a shower/ toilet break alone, sleeping in, deciding on the spur of the moment to hit the pub/club, see a movie, have a social life without having to plan for babysitter. Being able to unwrap a chocolate bar without having to be extra careful not to make a sound so i dont have to share, i miss not having to share chocolate

Thanks
    Reviews
    A night out without worrying about an early start the next morning. Sometimes DD can stay at her grandparents', but just that freedom of having another glass of wine/ staying an extra half hour without thinking 'I am going to feel bad when a little person wakes me up at 6am tomorrow...'

A cup of tea that stays warm while I drink it.

Silence. Ahhhhhhh.

Going on a plane without a little person on my lap. Lovely and cuddly to start with. Not so lovely when she turns into a wriggly octopus/ it's a long flight.

Not feeling tired all the time.

(But I have to add the caveat that I love my wriggly octopus to bits, and would not swap her... well... not usually... )