+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Gosh Lindy there are so many things we sacrifice when we have those little ankle bighters... lol.. so much more than i ever imagined!!!

One thing I have really noticed is that before I could just pick up my handbag and walk out the door at anytime of the day, leisurely browse the shops and catch up with a friend for a coffee at anytime.. these days... if i don't go out with DD i hope and pray she goes down to bed for her morning sleep very quickly, rush out the door, whip around the shops with my trolley, constantly watching the time, and hoping DH doesnt ring in a fluster saying DD is awake and dire for a feed (we live 15 mins out of town) if i take DD with me, i have to take a gazillion things with me, time it that she wont' need a feed - DD is still BF and if she does need to be fed that there are appropriate facilities for feeding. Also i am always watching the clock.. DD needs to be home for her next sleep... this is just a small thing there are alot of other things we have sacrificed but they are all worth it,. hang in there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Being able to have a conversation with my DH without being interupted
    Eating at the table instead of the bench (or on the bathroom floor while the kids are in the bath)
    Cooking grown up food all the time
    going out for dinner to anywhere we want to go, and staying for hours!
    going to friends places and chatting the night away
    concentration (baby brain wrecks your brain)
    having energy (you are just constantly tired after babies)
    not feeling physically exhausted
    having arms that don't ache from holding kids
    being able to talk on the phone without being yelled at or cried at
    having a shower alone
    going to the hairdresser more than once a year
    waxing my legs
    quiet
    listening to the music i like
    watching the tv shows i like when i want to
    sleeping in
    being spontaneous
    going out without a handbag or nappy bag or drinks or changes of clothes or wipes
    being irresponsible
    having a clean tidy home
    having a clean toilet
    leaving doors open
    leaving cupboards unlocked
    having vases and ornaments around the place
    having pot plants inside on the floor
    doing art when the fancy takes me
    sewing when the fancy takes me

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou78: Oh honey , i was wondering how you went with your BT as i hadn’t seen an update in the November thread. I am so sorry to hear those results; i had everything crossed for you. Are you going to go again in December/January or have a break? I will probably only be able to go again in January once i have a normal AF after this MC and infection. Have you had a chat to your FS about changing anything in your protocol for next time?

I have read over all of these comments and they have done so much for me, i have really been struggling the past week with everything and this has made me realise that i really do need to utilise this time before i am allowed to do my next transfer and do some of these things on the list. I have the day off today and spent the whole morning shopping and have arranged to make DH a lovely dinner tonight with a nice bottle of wine.

To all the ladies who put up the things they miss, i had no idea about some of these and it has been a real eye opener.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies,

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to give me your suggestions and share your experiences. I am certainly no longer dwelling on the negative, rather I'm thinking "I have SO much to do before these kiddies come along!"

I'll be making a list from all your posts and putting it up on the fridge . I know my turn will come, but for now I have lots of peaceful, quiet & lazy days to enjoy and most of all, ME time!

I really can't thank you all enough for helping me out of my 'poor me' rut .

EO- I'm so happy to hear you were able to benefit from this thread too. We have to wait at least 4 months to try again. DH went back on the booze & coffee and stopped taking his vitamins. So he has to detox before another round of ICSI. My FS said my response & egg quality 1st time were excellent, so we don't need to change protocol. Just need to get that magic combination and the right embie!
    Good luck for your FET

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd pop back in and share my finished 'before kids bucket list'. Thanks ever so much to each and every one of you for your contributions, you really have made a world of difference in my life . I'm sitting here in my silent house, dishes piled up, floors dirty, bludging on the computer and I'm not the least bit bothered by (or feeling guilty about) any of it!!

THINGS TO DO, ENJOY & MAKE THE MOST OF BEFORE KIDS!!

oSleep/ sleeping in/ snuggling
    oSpontaneity
    oDTD whenever/wherever we like
    oGoing out for dinner, movies, etc
    oCatching up with friends over a meal or coffee
    oExercising when I want
    oDoing things without planning around naps/bedtimes/school/child-friendliness
    oSilence/ peace & quiet
    oME time/ being alone
    oTime alone with hubby
    oShowering/bathing/going to the toilet in peace
    oCooking what we like
    oEating hot meals without sharing
    oDrinking coffee before it goes cold
    oNot cooking/cleaning if I don’t feel like it
    oUninterrupted conversations (phone and face-to-face)
    oLeaving the house with only handbag, keys & phone
    oHolidays/ weekends away
    oLazy weekends
    oHouse staying reasonably clean for more than a day
    oWatching TV/reading a book in peace
    oNot having to watch a movie at minimum volume because the baby is sleeping
    oListening to MY favourite music
    oRunning errands quickly & easily
    oHaving energy and being able to concentrate
    oWearing what I want without worrying how to get a boob out
    oDriving without a crying baby/fighting kids in the back
    oNot constantly watching the clock and thinking about nap/feeding/school drop-off/pick- up times
    oNot dealing with poo everyday
    oLeaving doors and cupboards unlocked, and having ornaments where you want them
    oShopping for myself at a leisurely pace, and having money to do it
    oAppreciating my pre-baby body
    oAdult company every day & contributing to the workforce

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great List!

I have only slept through the night (by that I mean for more than 4 consecutive hours) 11 times in more than 2 years ...

I miss drinking coffee for pleasure ... not just to keep me functioning
    I miss finishing a thought
    I miss walking without tripping over toys or toddlers - especially when I'm cooking!
    I now smell baby poo - randomly ... in the shop, on the phone, at work ... I smell it and wonder if its in my hair

But God - oh God, I so miss sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleeping in, having a clean house, having money, being able to just get up and go out if I wanted without changing our dd putting her in decent clothes packing a drink and everything else, going to takeaway and getting what I want without it costing me a fortune coz dd wants a burger too and an ice-cream, dtd without having to be quiet and make sure the door is shut first, lots more!!!

MissSteph is offline Proud young mother to 2 beautiful children
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleeping all night

Ducking out to the corner store to get milk without carting 2 kids.

Not having children on your mind when you go out without them. Ie going out for dinner with your partner without wondering if the kids have woken up etc

Just the freedom of doing what I want when I want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Having a disposable income, being able to go and get my hair done regularly, sleep and sleeping in (i.e. past 6.40 am), being able to watch TV/listen to music at a decent volume at night, being able to watch what I want on TV, not hearing "WATCH ME MUM" every 2 minutes while in the middle of doing something important, not having to clean bedding after accidents at night, being able to go to the mall with friends without having to rush in and out, HOT tea and coffee, sitting down before 9.30 pm each night, putting myself first... ever!, driving and being able to enjoy music.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls please don't think I am complaining but so far with pregnancy in the first 10 weeks I had bad morning sickness and become a really fussy eater now almost 12 weeks I am finding I can't sleep i will sit up until 2 am every night starving hungry when I want to eat not always at dinner time or when everyone else eats lol and also eating only what I want to eat

I miss long night sleeps
    I miss eating out with do
    I miss my size 8 waist
    I miss my small boobs (big ones get in the way)
    I miss wearing my skinny jeans
    I miss wearing what I want to wear unread of what hides my tummy
    I miss being able to bath and bike my dogs
    I miss ruffing up the dogs and being silly with them
    I miss eating seafood and poached eggs

Make the moat of it, your bfp may be just around the corner and you too will have to change ur life around

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast