+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donna2712 View Post
    Spontenaety - it's just gone!
    Yes!!!! I do miss that.

Having to lock the door when we DTD is another (when we actually get time for it but that's another story right there...). No more spontaneity in that area anymore for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only having to worry about yourself if you get sick. Sick kids are like a puzzle missing bits.
    Going to the toilet by yourself. Kids don't care for privacy.
    Showering by yourself or with the hubby without fear of being busted or explaining.
    Not tripping over toys in the hall.
    Your shoes being exactly where you left them.
    A good nights sleep.
    Mostly I miss just being able to come and go as I please and not planning a day in advance and packing the house with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    mostly i miss just walking out the door. getting up, telling noone grabbing nothing and walking out to go where ever i wanted and return when and if i wanted or never

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Everything everyone else said !!!!!!!!!!

our kids really must drive us bonkers some days!!!!

Yes there are defiantely some parts of yourself you just loose when you have kids.

I miss having head space - I am constantly THINKING THINKING THINKING about what to feed next, whether we'll make it back in time for a sleep, if not, better take, pram, blanket, teddy, getting babysitting and childcare organised, and then once you do the kid is sick and you can't go or they come back sick and the next 2 weeks you're house bound worrying about every little symptom the present with..

I miss having a clean house.

I miss shopping for myslef. My wardrobe at the moment is the pits.

I miss my old body.

I miss doing whatever I want whenever I wanted.

Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I miss...

Cleaning the house and having it stay clean for more than an hour.

Calling a friend and having a spontaneous catch up over drinks.

Going shopping without watching the clock

Being able to swear in conversation

Having a shower without interruption

Its the ability to just have me as number one that i miss...i find myself being number 3...or 4 lately, if you count my DH job

Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    And i never appreciated my body before having kids...i would give my left foot to have it back. But i appreciate it in a totally different way these days too...

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sex whenever/whereever we want it.
    my body
    but the biggie for me is going for icecream at 2am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Spontaneously going to the movies as a couple. We used to go all the time, now a trip to the movies consists of finding a time my sister can mind DS, ensuring he is fed, bathed and settled before we leave while also getting dressed and eating ourselves, and then I usually stress that he will wake up and be a handful while we're out (he's been night waking lately). Half the time we just can't be bothered because of all this, so we haven't been to a movie together in ages.

Many hugs
    Last edited by Bellini; 20-11-2010 at 10:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregalicious View Post
    And i never appreciated my body before having kids...i would give my left foot to have it back. But i appreciate it in a totally different way these days too...
    yes yes yes! I have no idea what I was worried about! I have decided to just be happy and confident with my body now...it's only going to get worse after all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleep.

My life before children seems *unbelievably luxurious*. To be able to read a book.. make a phone call.. exercise... have an orderly house... a social life... Choose when I wake up.