+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I highly recommend Knox Private

Hi everyone, I have been a nit of a closet bub hubber, loggijn on to read posts but not really contributing, however after my awesome experience at Knox I just felt the need to tell the world! In the lead up to choosing a hospital, Knox vs Mitcham vs City options, I logged on everyday and hoped to find some inspiration but in the end went with my gut feeling that Knox Private was right for us, and I am so glad we did! From our first visit they were fantastic, never too much trouble and staying in for 5 days after a c-section they not only cared for me & bub but also made sure my hubby had meals and any concerns were answered. Stories I have heard about babies not being covered are rubbish, my Jess was in nursery, and I was advised that with Medibank automatically covered.. when checking out they even waived the fees for hubby staying over! Nurses were great, very supportive but I had a lot of trouble feeding so were not judgemental about combining bottles & breast and happily took the baby for a few hours every night so we could rest! Highly recomend this hospital, and queries please PM me, we had Dr Chee Kwan chew... could not have been better

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Chew review

Hi Maryanne,

I was just wondering if you or anyone with any personal experience could give me anymore information about Dr Chee Kuan Chew.

As our baby is due mid December I have had terrible trouble find an OB that is delivering during this time and have had to call many Obs to try to find one available. I did prefer a female OB but ended up having to book with Peter Tang who seemed very popular but after booking with him I did a bit of research on him and came across a series of shockingly bad reviews which has totally scared me off. I'm sure he knows what he's doing but as it's our first baby I'm after someone who is very caring whilst still being completely competent and someone that actually takes some time with you in appointments. I am looking at Dr Chew as an option and would like to know a bit more about her if possible because I can't seem to find any other reviews.

Thank you!

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My SIL delivered at Knox and had Dr Chew. Her bub was due mid Jan and had no problems with him and very few with the hospital. She butted heads with one particular midwife when she kept going in for monitoring (SIL was just a little paranoid, but I fully understand her desire to be checked when you feel like something is wrong) and again with the same lady once she had delivered. BIL gave me the impression that it was because they were both very strong willed. The impression I was given is that there is almost always one midwife you won't get along with due to personality differences, but someone else will think they are the bees knees.

Oh, the medibank private insurance bub thing. It has to do with an individual's insurance policy. Some require baby X to be put on insurance and your insurance to be upgraded to family by 24 weeks pregnant to cover bub. Others (like mine, NIB) require you to put bubs on and upgrade your plan to family within 30 days if birth.

Glad you had a good birth experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Chew was FANTASTIC! I too had a similar problem that I was already 3 months when I did the ring around only to find out that most were booked out, I was recomended to her by a friend as I was adament I wanted a female OB.. Really friendly and calming, and never any question that is too silly... the only prob I had is that she was never running on time, so I would recomend only appts in the morning first thing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Knox Private

Hi there,

I just came across your message as I'm currently looking for an ob at Knox Private. Most of the reviews about doctors are now privately messaged. So there is really limited amount of information about each Ob. I was considering Dr. Tang until I saw your message. Could you please message me about his reviews that you found? Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello there,

Can you you please share your exp with Dr Peter Tang. Thanks in advance. Please PM me.

Thanks again.