Closed Thread
Page 97 of 134 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there everybody!

Melk, oh that must have been scary! Glad to hear you got away with some bruises. Not long now, can't wait to hear if beanie is team blue or team pink!

Pink Butterfly, FANTASTIC news about the scan ! But boo to being sick. Get well soon! How is DD? Feeling better I hope

Hi to Hierophant, Spot, Millie, Mum4Nay and everybody else!

AFM, well, AF STILL hasn't arrived, did my bloods on Friday and they still aren't back where they should be. FS thinks my period should arrive on its own with a week, if not, more tests. Given that I know the alternative is a month on the contraceptive pill I should be happy I suppose but I just find myself so bloody frustrated that my body won't do what it is supposed to do. FS said that this often happens after a D&C - and I had two - basically things can get a bit haywire and it is better to let it resolve itself naturally if possible. I am anxious enough about getting back on the IVF bandwagon after the miscarriage, but I feel I can't get my head into the right place until my cycle sorts itself out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh Melk, glad you and bubs are ok after your fall. Won't be long now. Thinking of you!

Tryingfortwo - thanks for your good wishes. Sorry to hear AF has gone AWOL - its so frustrating when that happens. i had a similar thing after my D&C - AF took 88 days to show herself. Don't under-estimate the impact physically & emotionally of being in hormonal limbo land. hope it all sorts itself out soon.

Spot, Millie & hiero - Thanks for your good wishes - hope all going well for you.

Slinky - hope you are doing ok out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Melk - that fall must have given you a huge fright. I know how quickly your feet can go from under you with socks & floorboards. I'm really glad that apart from bruises you are both ok.

Spot - thanks :-) I'm looking forward to your BFP too. We' ve both waited ages.

Fiasm - It's sooo great to hear from you. I often think of you & wonder how you are.

Pinky - It's common for us to get a BFP & be sick around the same time. On the plus side the Natural Killer cells are busy attacking the germs and not bub :-)

Jay - The waiting sounds hellish for you. I hope things slot into place soon.

Tryingfor2 - Wear something white & AF will come :-) Your body has been through a lot and might be taking a moment to pick itself up again. I hope she comes knocking soon.

'Hi' to everyone else. Have a great day.

Millie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Melk, how frightening! So glad all ok

Hiero, hope you are doing ok? Any idea's when DP will cycle?

Trying, I'm sorry to hear you are still waiting, it is an anxious situation either way cycling again after a loss and also the incessant waiting to just get started I'm imagining your body is healing in just the way it needs to, and hope all will be on track soon

Mum4nay, how are you feeling? Time to get out the stretchy pants soon? We did the implications counselling at city clinic today and I was most disappointed not to meet to famous Russell after you talked him up! More on that below.

Pink, I hope both you and DD are feeling better Sounds quite nasty! Have you made a decision about an OB/hospital as yet?

Slinky, have been thinking of you. Was down your way last weekend and even though I lived in our nation's capital for many years I am still somehow surprised by how cold it is in winter! Hope you are rugged up and perhaps have some cycle plans soon?

Millie, Spot, Gardenia and apologies anyone I've missed

AFM, as I mentioned we did a massive 2 hour session today in various combinations to get the implications counselling done for my sister to be PED. The good news is she and her DH seem really keen to progress things quickly if all the tests come back ok... but likely to be up to 6 wks wait for the results!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - great to hear things are progressing with the counselling - your sister and her DH sound like wonderful people. Thanks for asking how I'm doing - all is OK, and DP is preparing herself for next FS appointment at the end of July to get things going. I've started to accept I may never be a biological mum or experience pregnancy but am focusing on the positives that maybe one day I will get to be a parent...

Hey to everyone else, sorry for lack of personals but just getting a sneaky post in between work deadlines!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hI girls,

Starfish - wow, glad the counselling all went well. So did your BIL have concerns in the end to discuss or was he already happy before counselling began?? Also, they say 6 weeks for the results to come back but if you keep hasselling them I think it was quicker for us. So what's your thoughts - straight to a fresh transfer with your sis or will you go again with the PGD??

Trying - sorry you've been through SO much and now just waiting which can be the hardest of all. As starfish said, I'm sure your body just needs to 'reset' itself and heal appropriately for you on every level. Thinking of you

AFM - I'm 10 weeks and ?going ok as far as I can tell. Getting fatter so surely thats a good sign (but other reasons for that too says the piggy!!). I'm also considering donating on my embryos, to pass on the special gift that was given to me. May have found someone already that is young (and keen) enough to have our football team but it's early days.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just dropping in to wish everybody the best of luck and hope to read about some more pregnancies and bubs soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiero, I think they are pretty special too! Glad to hear there is some peace in your heart and I pray to all the baby gods you will get to be a parent one way or the other, and a pretty brilliant one at that!

Mum4nay, BIL it seemed was mainly concerned for the medical side of things funnily enough not what I expected at all , particularly the impact being an ED could have on their own chances in trying for no. 2 soon after this process. We were all on the same page with the big stuff like who to tell etc. Dr S has covered the medical things off with them and they are now both saying they are happy to proceed. I have been really peeved with the clinic though and the lack of information and 'coordination' provided by the donor coordinator. Little things kept getting sprung on us (like having to go for an independent ultrasound which I only found out at 3.30pm today when we've had all week!) Even though I rang last week and was at pains to explain my sister is only here for the week and wanted to make sure all the ducks were lined up! Not sure if your experience was better? Geez for the serious cold hard $$ they are getting they really need to lift their game.

At this point it seems ED will give us the best chance of success in the shortest amount of time. The journey has been very long and painful and I just want to hold my baby in my arms. If I had the stamina or didn't have this wonderful opportunity I might consider persevering with my own eggs but I know in my heart of hearts I don't have it in me If for some reason my sister is not able to be a donor then we might revisit the PGD option then.

for 10 weeks!!! Great to hear the football team may have already found a home
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 14-07-2011 at 19:36. Reason: forgot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Starfish this Is wonderful news that things are are going so well for you & your sister - I have to say once you make the decision to go ahead it's like the weight of the world is lifted off you - it's hard to describe the feeling that comes over you and you know it's the right thing to do to achieve your dream .

Afm well it's all systems go to be induced on Saturday night !! Everything is good except beanie doesn't want to engage and given all the meds I was on they don't want me to go over due date so we all agreed fore to be induced at 8pm Saturday !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rest up Melk! Great to hear all systems go for Saturday, you must be beside yourself with excitement?! Head down beanie! So looking forward to hearing the news xx