Closed Thread
Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hello gorgeous ladies

PinkB - yippedee doodah yippedee day for morulas, and grade As at that! Surely very very unlikely you won't get a nice blast off out of that lovely bunch. Will be thinking of you in the morning, with everything crossed. And yes, agree it's most likely all down to the quality of the particular embryo, rather than anything you do or don't do post-transfer. I would've thought go for it in terms of DD's concert... That said, have to admit I did come home after my transfer and lounge around in bed for several hours. But really more for emotional sustenance than physical need/belief that it would make a dot of difference.

starfish - I second PinkB's tough IVF warrior comment - here's to you, amazing chickie. Also agree that your situation seems a complete conundrum. Have you had the opportunity to seek more info from your FS? It's hard to understand how the embies can seem so healthy, and yet so consistently not be. Surely they can fathom more from the PGD outcome and your past experiences?? In the meantime, bottoms up to you and DH ... oh, and thanks to you sweetheart for being an amazing cycle buddy

hi lindylou and welcome - so appreciate you coming in to offer your expertise with thyroid issues. I guess my key question is whether you know if a level of 4 is likely to pose any barrier to implantation, having achieved a nice blastie? I have no history of (known) thyroid problems, but weirdly my TSH went up from initial screen back in April of 2.2, to 4 last week. This result whilst I was taking Eutroxsig 50mg 4x per week (so it should have gone down). FS tried to reassure me that it's not an 'all or nothing' thing ie just because TSH is 4 does not necessarily mean no pregnancy, but I am very conscious she likes it to be less than 2, so 4 doesn't sound too good. Any background you have would be greatly appreciated....I see you're about to start with a new clinic. Good luck with that oh, and lurk away all you like

mum4nay -

AFM - clinic called today to say that we have one frosty!!! Strangely enough, it was the one that was a PCM (partially compacting morula) on day 5 that made it. Apparently when they checked it later that day it was an early blasto and by day 6 a grade 2 hatching blast. So on ice it went. The one that was an expanded blast on day 5 went backwards. It is a very sweet feeling to have one on ice. We are thinking that this may be our last ever stim cycle, so nice to have a back-up if this current embie doesn't make it.

Gardenia - thanks for asking about weekend plans. Have a pretty busy one lined up so should help to keep mind off things. Hope you have a great one, whether or not you end up going away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    STARFISH - Im so happy to hear that even though your sad that you have a feeling of relief finally instead of the unknown confusion and sadness. Knowledge is power chickydee Im so proud of you how you are handling this. Really enjoy letting loose with your hubby and enjoying each other.

Your situation reminds me very much of my own - great fert rates and great blast rates even Bfps then failing to progress from that. Im thinking I probably have the same thing going on as you. It would be nice to know for sure but im thinking there can be no other reason.

PINKB - Woohoo looking very good!!! I tend to agree with the sentiment that a concert wont hurt if embie implants or not. just dont run late and rush running to the place or anything lol not that I think even that would hurt things.

My old clinic used to say just carry on your normal day.

SLINKY - Good going girl busy is good

AFM - Yes well we are heading off today to wisemans or port stephens - ill toss a coin soon, decide and then book whats available lol .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

I haven't been too far away. My hubby and I have just bought a house, and so it seems for the time being (and while my thyroid is still a problem) I will have a house baby to bring to life. New kitchen, reno's all round. I'm hoping by the time I'm done my thyroid will be at optimum TSH levels/

Slinkimalinki: My TSH was 5.08 and my FS and Endocrinologist will not let me do IVF/ICSI until it reaches 1.5. There is a huge increase in mc and intellect problems with babies born with mums who have high TSH.

I've been on a half tablet of Eutroxsig for about 2-3 months and recently just had it increased to 1 tablet daily. My last bt showed I have dropped to 3.9. Just remember that TSH levels go up and down like yoyo's so be patient (something I'm terrible at).

Thanks to everyone else for sharing your stories, even though I've been hiding away. It gives me a little hope that soon enough I too will be able to start cycling.

Daisy

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies

PinkyB - how did things go yesterday lovely? All good I hope. Did you end up going to the concert?

MrsDaisyP - thanks for sharing the thyroid information. Doesn't sound too good really. Are your levels considered 'sub-clinical'? ie not technically hypothyroid (if that's the right form of the word), but TSH level a concern in the context of TTC? Or do you have a recognised thyroid problem? I really don't understand why my TSH would have gone up whilst on the medication and am thinking maybe it was a rogue result. It does concern me that there is an increased risk of intellect problems with raised TSH levels. If this pregnancy works I had better have that discussion with my FS/obstetrician. Congrats on buying the new house - have fun with the renos.

mum4nay - how are you going?

starfish - thinking of you

AFM - did a BT yesterday morning to make sure that Pregnyl shots are sufficient progesterone support and it had gone up to 270 (from 170 on Tuesday, prior to transfer). Had had a Pregnyl shot on Thursday so that is probably the reason. For several hours yesterday I was definitely having weird sort of dull ache/hot feelings around the uterine area, but god only knows what it was. With the working week about to start won't be a lot of time to think about any of this and then BT is on Friday so agony shouldn't be too prolonged.

Have a good week everyone

slinky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkymalinki View Post

hi lindylou and welcome - so appreciate you coming in to offer your expertise with thyroid issues. I guess my key question is whether you know if a level of 4 is likely to pose any barrier to implantation, having achieved a nice blastie? I have no history of (known) thyroid problems, but weirdly my TSH went up from initial screen back in April of 2.2, to 4 last week. This result whilst I was taking Eutroxsig 50mg 4x per week (so it should have gone down). FS tried to reassure me that it's not an 'all or nothing' thing ie just because TSH is 4 does not necessarily mean no pregnancy, but I am very conscious she likes it to be less than 2, so 4 doesn't sound too good. Any background you have would be greatly appreciated....I see you're about to start with a new clinic. Good luck with that oh, and lurk away all you like
    Hi Slinky,

'Expertise' is probably going a bit far , but I have learned a thing or two about thyroid issues.

If you have not already had them, you need more BTs for Free T3, Free T4 and anti-thyroid antibodies (ATAs). There are 2 ATAs- thyroid peroxidase (TPO) and thyroglobulin (Tg). TSH is a hormone produced by your pituitary gland, so this alone doesn't tell you the whole picture. Hence the further tests. T3 and T4 are the actual thyroid hormones.

Knowing that you have high TSH, all I can say is that your thyroid is underactive and this certainly has known associations with infertility, miscarriage and pre-term birth. My endocrinologist explained that in the 1st trimester, baby has no thyroid, so your own has to produce enough thyroid hormone for the both of you. The range he likes for TSH is 1.5-2.5. However, implantation & pregnancy at higher levels can and does occur, so don't let this get you into a negative headspace in your TWW!!

One of the most common causes of underactive thyroid is Hashimotos disease (which I have). Presence of high ATAs will confirm whether or not this is the case for you. The ATAs attack your thyroid gland as though it is foreign tissue (ie/ autoimmune disease), eventually it starts to fail and your pituitary sends out more TSH to 'wake it up'. It is very common for ATAs to develop in your 30's. If it turns out you have them, then there are some studies floating around with evidence that prednisone improves success with IVF... but you can cross that bridge when you come to it!

Whether you have Hashi's or something else causing hypothyroidism, you are being given the correct medication (I'm on the same one). Hopefully it kicks in quickly for you! I never actually had high TSH, so afraid I can't offer any insight into how quickly it brings the levels down. In my case I had astronomical TPO's with TSH still in the 2's.

Congrats on your gorgeous blastie, sending sticky vibes for the rest of your TWW and hope to read great news on Fri!

Hi to everyone else and thanks for letting me crash your thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky – Sounds very promising – maybe implantation pains? With such a top class embryo sounds likely! Friday will be here before you know it! Yes I did go to the concert and all was fine, took DD to a birthday party today too so trying to keep it normal. DH took DD out both afternoons so I could have a bit of rest time though!

Daisy – hope your thyroid comes good soon! No doubt the renovations will keep you busy in the meantime.

Gardenia – Hope u had a good weekend – where did u end up going?

Mum4nay – good luck for tomorrows BT, hope AF has stayed away!

Starfish – hope you enjoyed your parties!

Hi to all

AFM – Made it to transfer – very grateful for that! We had an expanding BA grade blastocyst and a B grade morula that was still dividing transferred so officially joining the TWW. I guess as Starfish says though who knows what secrets they hold beneath so fingers crossed they have the goods to go the distance. No frosties but grateful to have two to transfer – a first for us since cycle 1 in 2007!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB, Congratulations PUPO!!! (with twins ) Yes, no-one ever knows the secrets they hold but I also say where there is an embie there is a chance and you have 2 lovely chances there! P.S I just learnt about Yo Gabba Gabba from a 3 year old little friend recently, hope your embie's loved them too!

Slinky, Achy feelings sound like a good implantation sign to me and you uterine environment certainly sounds inviting!!

Mum4nay,

Lindylou, thank you for sharing your knowledge with our beautiful friend Slinky

Gardenia, how was your weekend away?

MrsDaisy, welcome back

AFM, busy social weekend. Went to high tea with my mum yesterday which was lovely and now off for a walk to the beach and some breaky. Feel like I'm emerging from the IVF cocoon just a little bit

to all the other 35+ lovelies and sending buckets of your way.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (06-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    PinkyB FABULOUS news CONGRATULATIONS Gorgeous on being PUPO with 2 GORGEOUS EMBIES

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Melk For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (06-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls,

Well I'm bursting with good news - BFP!!! Hcg was 339, stopped listening after that!! Thanks SO SO much to you ladies for your support with all this! I just hope that my little one continues to grow - don't want to think too much about it as yet!!

Gardenia - thanks especially for all your support. So we're dying to know where you went for the weekend??????? When is your AF due??

Slinky - congrats on the PUPO status! I also felt lots of heat and little stabs of pain?? Hope it's an invader down there

Heiro - great plan with the PGD on 9 frosties - surely one has gotta be a good one?? And so nice to go into a 2WW knowing that it's a good quality embie too...

Starfish - enjoy that good living .

DaisyP - congrats on the new house - renovating is an exciting time too Hope the thyroid starts behaving for you.

Pinky - welcome to PUPO land and I'm jealous you saw yo gabba gabba! Good you went - it's up to that little embie now

Trying, Melk, Dr Mummy, spot and everyone else I've missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very quick one 'cos still have heaps of work to do before home time.

for Starfish. I'm so sorry darl. I wish with all my being that your PGD results were different and that there was something I could do/say to change things for the better.

for PinkB & Slinky. PinkB - Sounds like you have 2 beauties on board. Enjoy your food now before the twin morning sickness kicks in!! Slinky - great news that you have a frosty, a little bro/sis perhaps?

for Mum4nay. What wonderful news and your numbers are great. Did you sneak a POAS or leave it for the BT? I have everything crossed for you. It really does only take one.....

Hi to everyone else. Thinking of you all and wishing the best always.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to drmummy For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (07-06-2011)