Closed Thread
Page 75 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gee, Starfish, I wish I could offer some real words of wisdom for you, but ultimately it needs to be your decision. I guess at the end of the day, I'm prepared to just do whatever it takes to get me a bub sooner rather than later. I must say though overall, I feel like you've been unlucky with your IVF attempts, and there's hope for your eggs yet if you can still manage to get a natural BFP! Add to that, I remember Dr S says that you WILL get pregnant... I thought the PGD idea was a good one, it's just that this cycle hasn't been easy for you... but the next would almost definitely be better?

On the other hand, what a dream chance to have a sister willing to help you out! I'm positive you'd love the child every bit as much as your own biological child - it's just the long term 'telling' of the child that I dread the most. I think I've said to you before - Aussie Egg donors are a really helpful bunch of girls and there's lots of support around all aspects of having a donor and parenting a donor conceived child...

Anyhow, this cycle is NOT yet over!! There's life yet in your lining and womanly bits

Pinky and Slinky - good luck tomorrow girls

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mum4nay For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (26-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish – big hugs to you, what you have been through and are going through is unimaginably tough.

Deciding when to give up on your eggs is such a hard one and very confronting. And you are right its only a decision you and DH can make. As you said just one more cycle when does it end – something all of us longer term IVF’ers face – not an easy decision at all.

I think infertility makes us all feel like control freaks as we desperately try to plan what we can – which is not much !!!! Its so hard when you have a good IVF plan in place and it doesn’t go to plan.

As you said hormones are no help at the moment so not the best time for making big decisions. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced it but lucrin made me feel flat and teary. I feel so much better on the short cycle its such a difference.

I am not giving up on this cycle of yours (even if you have to do a FET)– you never know! I agree with Mum4nay – you recently had a natural BFP so your eggs must be in good shape and Dr S thinks you will have a baby – they really don’t say things like that lightly!

We are here for you so vent away any day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (26-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jfb, Melk, Mum4nay and PinkB for responding to my 'vent' and sharing your thoughts. I did feel better to get it off my chest

I just have to say the support I have found on this thread has always been really great but over this cycle you guys have been ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and I feel so blessed to know such incredible, insightful and compassionate women. And where possible would love to get to know you guys IRL. Sydney girls Pink and Mum4nay will be in touch re: possible rendeavous when this EPU stuff is over for all of us. Anyone else welcome if you are keen!

Jfb, I am keeping my eye on you!!! And doing some of these for the coming weeks

Pink, do you have a bt and scan tomorrow?? Good luck bella Thanks also for being the voice of reason and reminding me chocked up on hormones is NOT the right time to be making any decisions!

Mum4nay, I really appreciate you weighing into this discussion as I know it is something you have faced/ are facing yourself. Many of your thoughts mirror mine (i.e. the desire to move on as quickly as possible from this nightmare but at the same time concern about the long term implications for an ED child). And I 100% agree the love I would feel for my ED child would be no different than if the egg originates from me. Thanks also for suggesting Aussie Egg Donors. I will take a look (when I am not high on hormones ) Sending more to your embie!

Lovely Slinky, all my best wishes go with you for your EPU tomorrow and I look forward to hearing about your fab haul, great fert rates and then a !!!

AFM, feeling much better at this end of the day. I ordered some new Peter Alexander pj's and they arrived today (couldn't have come at a better time!) and I can't wait to get into them tomorrow when I come home from EPU. Gotta be in it to win it right?! Chat tomorrow girls

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (26-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - glad ur feeling OK. V.jealous about the new pj's!! You have got to be in it to win it my friend and it only takes one, annoying as that is to hear!!!

Wishing both Starfish & Slinky all the best for EPU tomorrow, will be thinking of you both and sending

AFM - yes off for scan and BT tommorro - what size do follies need to be before trigger ?? is it around 20 or is less OK (hmmm you'd think i would be up on this by now). Just for some adequate growth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best of to Slinky & Starfish hope all goes smoothly today

PinkB hope scan and BT shoe some lovely follies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear All,

Thank you very much for all the lovely PMs and messages, I'm sorry I just haven't been able to respond to them for reasons that will become clear. Unfortunately I have miscarried. The karotyping showed our little one had a serious chromosomal abnormality.

At this stage I do not know whether we will attempt to conceive again. We have received wonderful support from our doctor, who has told me this was very unlikely to recur, but I am not sure whether I can emotionally face this situation again.

This board has been an irreplaceable source of care and support through our IVF journey, and I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You are a wonderful group of women who all deserve a healthy, sticky BFP, and I am going to keep hoping and praying that you get one soon.
    Last edited by tryingfortwo; 27-05-2011 at 12:52.

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh tryingfortwo that is beyond words.

I am so sorry to hear about this, no matter what our journeys throw at us it never gets easy.

Take care of yourself. We are all here when you want/need.

xxxxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

tryingfortwo  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tryingfortwo - I am flawed, I am so so so so sorry to hear this news Take care of yourself and as Spot says we are all here for you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    tryingfortwo - my heart breaks for you . As Spot said, it is beyond words. I hope you have lots of loving support around you. Take all the time you need and know that you can come on here anytime

15. The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying, I'm so incredibly sorry I am just devastated for you and your family. As someone very wise recently said to me, now is not the time to be making any decisions. Whatever you decide for the future we are all here for you

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post: