Closed Thread
Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Slinky, it is disappointing when things aren't as 'on track' as they have been on other cycles but things can change very rapidly in this game! Hoping you get some more follies come out to play over the weekend and and you get a pleasant surprise at your Monday scan. Grow follies grow!
    As I have said before I definately have my moments (just ask my DH! ) Comparisons with others are unhelpful and there is always someone with a more challenging story. However, in my case I have been waiting (not very patiently!) for bub no. 1 for 3 years now and at times it does feel like an eternity, and yep that gets me down. But I am determined that one way or another I am going to be a mumma and sometimes the only thing that gets me through is to remember that with every step (including the setbacks) I am getting closer to my goal

Wow Melk, I am super impressed that you are still going to Pilates! You are going to be one fit chicky for the delivery! Are you all sorted at home now with your nursery?

Millie, the waiting never gets easier no matter how long you are in this game! Good news OS ED will be on her way soon. Where is she doing her cycle? Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

PinkB and Mum4nay

AFM, E2 has shot up to close to 500 so they are no longer using the C word! Phew!! there are some follies to be seen Monday.

Have a great weekend all

* I have just edited my post as I realised the 1st version sounded far too too 'Pollyanna' Let's face it this journey really sh*ts me at times!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 21-05-2011 at 08:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Starf1sh View Post

* I have just edited my post as I realised the 1st version sounded far too too 'Pollyanna' Let's face it this journey really sh*ts me at times!
    Starfish - thats hilarious!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angelanathan – Hello & welcome!!!!!! Congrats on little Riley and good luck for a quick IVF journey in TTC #4 !!!

Mum4nay - You go girl I say – good on you for seizing the day!!!. As for your fertile goddess donor – 18 embryos is unbelievable OMG!!! Wonder what her AMH level is??? far out! So glad your cycle is going well, hope EPU went well and you have some lovely embryos. Hope ur all feeling better too. Keep us posted

Starfish – I am on 225 this time. Dr S’s theory with the down reg was that statistically more people have success with that type of cycle and if there is any adenomyosis it helps suppress that (as we are still trying to theorise as to what my original infertility problem was before my eggs started running out). Yay for E2 going up!!! I too will be doing the oestrogen chant with you it seems (see below!!) Keep everything crossed for some great follies on monday

Slinki – Its is nervewracking with lower numbers but 3 good sized follicles is great, all you need is the quality and your FS’s plan sounds on track with that. Good luck for BT & scan next week

Melk – I agree - so thoughtful of you to check on us and cheer us on!!!

Millie – not long now, you have been so patient! Where overseas is your ED? We are starting to think about ED as our next option so starting to gather info!

AFm – lovely sunny morning at farmers markets and 4yo birthday party so nice quiet afternoon for all. Had a BT today and oestrogen is lower than where it normally is for me by now (492 and usually 900) so worried my ovaries are nearly completely clapped out but keeping everything crossed it continues to rise and some follies are growing. Not feeling overly optimistic already but what can you do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Starfish - I LOVE your positivity! I agree though, you will make it eventually, and won't it be a special baby for you!
    You asked what we'll do with our donor embryos if we get a bfp now - there's been lots of discussion at our house about this and we'd probably donate on. I'd love to give another family the chance that we've been given.

Slinky - 3 follies is great if they're filled with 3 lovely eggs - hang in there, we're cheering you on

Millie - I'm aching along with you - waiting is almost unbearable!! Come on August!!!!!!!

Pinky - maybe slow is good? Time for the eggs to mature and get better quality?

Melk - so what's the birth plan? You sound like it's gonna be an active and quick birth

AFM - lots more news;

My EPU was friday - only got one immature egg from 6 follies and an E of 2500. Very disappointing. However, against all odds, the egg wised up and fertilised and plan is for ET on Monday. HUGE news for me - this is the best we've done since 2008!

As for donor cycle - today 8 grade A blasties went into the freezer and 3 more might make it tomorrow. Poor donor though only just got out of hospital with severe OHSS - not too impressed with dr S at present

Hi to all those I missed too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies

just popping in quickly to say hello and cheer on cycle buddies.

PinkB - grow follies grow!!! C'mon little ones - you can do it!!! Still got lots crossed that this cycle is going to get you over the line. Like Starfish, you always sound remarkably calm and 'glass half full'-ish - I'm sure you have your moments too but sheesh - I hand it to you both.

mum4nay - yeeeehaaaaa for a great cycle!!! That is so fantastic. Looks like DHEA has done its good work for you too. Hope that embie is continuing to divide beautifully and you have a perfect transfer on Monday. And 8 grade As on ice - wow. Hope you're making plans for another room in your house

Starf1sh - you are DEFINITELY going to be a mumma, and a helluva one at that. With such brilliant positivity, there is simply no other pathway for you and your DH. Good to see you're human though - would've been worried if there were no cracks in the armour!!!

milliegirl - wish there was something that could be done to speed time up for you. Hope you're taking every opportunity to do nice things for yourself and that that's helping you get through it. C'mon August!

melk - 8 weeks to go. Amazing. It makes me all teary just thinking of you meeting your beautiful baby after going through so much. So wonderful that it seems you've had a fairly uneventful pregnancy - hope you've been able to enjoy it.

AFM - I spoke with FS on Friday (she is so fantastic - called me back 3 minutes after I called her office!) and asked if we could increase the Puregon dose. She reluctantly agreed to increase it to 200 but also said that she feels my response this time around is similar to when I was on 300 last time and reinforced very strongly that it's all about quality. She also said that more follies could be there by Monday's scan. So based on that I've just added one extra click on the Puregon pen, rather than 3 which would take it to 200. Am pretty persuaded that quality is the aim here, so sitting tight and hoping that things go to plan. Thanks to you all for your wonderful support

slinky

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (22-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh - Your post made me LOL I've taken a big slab out of my mortgage money and used The World Egg Bank to find my egg donor. They sell you 8 eggs which are fertilised via ISCI and grown to day 5. They guarantee you at least 1 blast but that doesn't guarantee they thaw once they arrive in Australia and are prepared for the FET (sent to QFG where Dr Wazza does the FET). 8 eggs are $21,500 USD!! Plus you have to pay extra for the sperm to be transported there, and for the embies to be sent down to the Australian clinic. I think $25,000 is closer to the mark all up (not including your FET costs). But I did a local ED cycle here late last year for $10,000 and had zero embies to transfer. I couldn't find another local ED and am really running out of time. I chose my ED and she is studying genetic science and is ID release. I have pictures and lots of background information. Global Egg Donors also offer egg donors and you get to keep all the eggs from the cycle (as it should be). They tend to expect you to go there for the transfer, but recently offered to send the egg donor here. The costs are similar to TWEB.

Slinky -Your FS sounds switched on. I'm looking forward to hearing about your next scan. Heaps of

Have a restful Sunday everyone. I'm doing housework and pottering around. Joy Looking forward to our next BFP here

Millie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwwww thanks beautiful girls for your lovely and supportive words
    Mum4nay, Woo hoo PUPO tomorrow!!! Sending you lots of Hoping your great 8 will be staying on ice for quite a while...
    PinkB, this is a special Oestrogen raising dance just for you!

Slinky, for your scan tomorrow. Sounds like your FS is weighing things up very carefully and really tailoring this cycle to you. I'm betting with FS there will be more follie action to see!

Millie, I aim to please! Thanks for explaining how the World Egg Bank situation works, I appreciate it (and storing the info for future use should I need it! ). Your ED sounds perfect btw...A compassionate brainiac!

Melk

And just for good measure some for all of us that need it tomorrow!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (22-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum4nay - hope your embryo is powering, good luck for transfer

Goodluck for scans tomorro Starfish and Slinky - would be great if we were at the same clinic and could catch up! Anyway thinking of you and sending

Night all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well there is movement at the station ... E2 now at 1400 and there were several follies showing their lovely faces today. 2 x 17mm and 2 x just under 10mm. Unfortunately my endometrium is also a little on the thin side so really hoping this picks up. So bitter and sweet news today! I am pleased that things have improved, however this is also my worst cycle response ever, and it seems unlikely at this stage we will have enough embies for PGD (we really needed at least 3 to make it to day 3). Quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity!!! Think this will be my mantra over the next few days... Back for bt and scan Wed and see whether we go to EPU Friday or Monday.

PinkB, did you have a bt today?

Slinky, hope you had some more follies come out to play??

Mum4nay, waiting to hear your PUPO news.....
    How is your ED doing, has she gone home now? I meant to ask you if she has ever been an ED before (and will getting OHSS put her off?) Do you think she was on too high a dose of FSH? (Just interested in your comment re: Dr S and wondering how her care was). Sorry 20 questions tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - Glad to hear your oestrogen is doing well now and some good sized follicles there to be seen. Hopefully your lining will increase as the oestrogen rises - what did they say it has to be? I will be doing the quality over quantity mantra right with you we have to believe all it takes is one embryo with the capacity to go the distance and it happens this time for all of us!

Slinki - hope today went well

Mum4nay

AFM - blood test showed oestrogen almost doubled to 942 with 5 decent size follicles on the scan 2 x 15, 2 x 12, 1 x 11 and 3 smaller ones so relieved my ovaries have responded but hoping oestrogen continues to go up to give some mature eggies . Each step of this process is so stressful! I realise how oblivious i was with our 1st attempt before DD!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well