Closed Thread
Page 69 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Starfish how you doing lovely?

Pinkb damn Amh numbers, just remember it hasn't stopped some of our lovelies from going on to get their bubs.

Mum4nay hope all is going well this week

Sweede can't believe your little one is 3.5 mnths ready. Hope all is well

Jfb hope things go well with this cycle lovely.

Millie, Spot,Cino,Gardenia, GG if you're out there sending you buckets if love & hugs.

Afm 10.3 wks to go crazy business , had checkup yesterday and all is well . Still can't believe I am here.

Love & hugs to all
    Mel xox

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melk For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (05-05-2011),SpotTheOcelot  (11-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks again Jfb for taking the time to share your experience with DHEA. I saw FS today and he reckons DHEA shouldn't have any effect on FSH so I am even more confused about it now! As PinkB suggested I can't have FSH or E2 tested while in middle of down reg cycle, and clinic haven't tested it before as my AMH was previously OK. I have been following your progress this cycle and just wanted to wish you all the best for your ET tomorrow

PinkB, my lovely friend, I'm sorry AMH is lower than last test, but as FS said to me today low AMH does not mean you won't have a baby. Unfortunately I got Dr S on a super busy day when he was running almost an hour late and the consultation was not as languous as it usually is. Essentially he didn't think I should do any further testing around DHEA and recommended I stay on 75mg "until I am pregnant" to use his words....end of story for now it seems. I also wanted to thank you for raising the issue around validity of AMH levels while on the pill cos guess what it says on the results?? " Current use of the OCP may slightly lower AMH levels". Dr S thinks it will still be low but possibly not quite as low as 4.2

Great big to Fiona, so lovely to hear from you. Congrats on your new home!

Hi Swede, thanks for dropping in. Give precious little Archie a huge cuddle from me. Hope that all is going really well.

Hiero, I really hope that something easily treatable comes back from your testing and you can move forward with a sucessful transfer ASAP. If not... I wasn't aware you could do PGD on frosties but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think it is a fantastic idea. Definitely confronting when FS pulls out the 'big guns' of IVF technology but you have 9 embryos which is great for PGD and it will give you really valueable info about the chromosomal status of your remaining frosties. Maybe it will help you get that bubba that much quicker by eliminating the embies that are not likely to be successful rather than enduring more BFN's??? Just a thought...

Good luck with your decision and would be interested to hear what PGD technology your clinic will use i.e. CGH which tests all 23 chromosomes or FISH which I think only has capacity to look at 9 chromosomes.

Melk, I am sooo excited about your bub's arrival and cannot wait to hear the announcement. So many women here on BH have been an inspiration to me to persevere (even if via different paths) and your story is definately one of them Keep us posted!

Hi to all the other 35+ lovelies

AFM, as I mentioned we had an FS visit today and it wasn't one of our more positive ones... DH also got his most recent sperm results back and his count, morphology and motility were pretty dismal, in fact count was at it's lowest in 2 years! How the h3ll we managed to get a natural BFP with our combined challenges I will never know! But as we all know results can vary widely from 1 sample to another. The real positive is that his DNA fragmentation is very low and still in the excellent range Yay DH!!! At least some of the clean living must be paying off!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

hierophant  (05-05-2011),PinkButterfly  (05-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks starfish...well im stumped how my fsh went down to 0.2...who knows anymore. thanks for the wishes, it hasnt been a great cycle and i hung on by fingernaily..wondering if my amh has dropped dismally low over the past 18months...still got to be in it to win it. be nice if everyone could get a bfp first go!!! good luck.

spot: are u recovered yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heiro...I agree with Starfish...I think doing all thing they can to give you a better chance is just great...just to let you know, one woman that I know through a another friend got only 2 eggs on her one and only egg collection (only could afford one cycle) with the knowledge of her husbands genetically (they had a disease) sperm problem they did PGD and found one of the eggs to be ok and she actually fell pregnant and delivered a healthy baby!!!! She was one lucky woman I say.....
    Starfish - great news on fragmentation.....and off cousre you will get pregnant.....your time will be here soon...

Melk - 10 weeks...wow..and the good thing I felt around that time is even if you want to go full term (of course!!!) but having the baby now the chance of survival is so big at 30 weeks which was a comfort to know I thought any way...
    I can't wait for you to be a mummy!!!
    Jfb - all the best for your transfer today...(all ready said that on a another thread......so double up)

to all of your lovely women

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB hope all went well with ET today and for your 2ww.

Sweede i do find the fact that bub arriving anytime from now on would be ok to be quite comforting. cant wait for this little ones arrival.

Starfish sounds like FS is sure it's just a matter of time , it's not too far away.

PinkB and Heiro it's worth trying everything lovelies..

Love to all the 35ers

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nahh JFBLady... will take a while. Still on crutches but tomorrow have to start using one, and I can lose the moon boot whcih is good. Weekly physio, daily exercises.

But I am seeign Lyndon at the end of May to start my cycle. Stuff my ankle, Spot waits for no ankle.

Hoping your transfer on your one precious emby goes well.

Melk cannot believe how close you are!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo hooo.

Massive hello to everyone else, hope you are all travelling well.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I was just doing some reading of a letter I got from a Dr in Syd when I had a ph consult with her
    and she recommended doing clexine to help with implantaion failure. Have any of you used clexine to aid implantation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish – so glad my over analytical IVF brain could help you!!! I am sure the pill probably made a difference to your result (like I am the expert!!!). Yay for DH’s DNA fragmentation – thats the most important bit with ICSI anyway isn’t it?? Despite all these results anyway you got pregnant naturally and it is possible! Bugger about the super busy day – I always find that disappointing as I usually have a LONG list of questions. How is your cycling going? I hope all well

Melk – so glad you are at 30 weeks now – time is flying by – I know what you mean about the safe mark of 30 weeks – I didn’t buy any baby stuff til 29weeks because I didn’t feel i could truly relax til then as we had a scare with false labour at 21 weeks. (but had been doing plenty of window shopping!!). What exciting times for you. Thanks for popping in to check on us!

Wantingabuba – I have just started using clexane, but haven’t yet had a decent embryo to test if it helps!!

Swede – Archie is 3.5 months already – wow where does the time go???

Hiero – sending massive hugs to you. So glad you are having all the testing done to rule out any complications. PGD must sound daunting but on the positive side - great that you have plenty of frosties to do PGD on and maybe this will help you get off the IVF train sooner – ie. BFP with the perfect embryo!!!... and it will eliminate the TWW’s for the embryos that don’t have the chromosomal make-up to go the distance.

Hi to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot, wishing you a super speedy recovery

Wantingabuba, I have been on clexane for a diagnosed clotting problem. I have had almost all of my transferred embies implant but sadly not continue to a healthy pregnancy. It hasn't been the magic bullet for me (as other issues clearly going on!) but hope it is the solution you are looking for. Good luck.

Yooo hoooooo!!! Fabulous 35+ women it is super quiet in here!!!!!!!!
    Where are my cycle buddies???
    I am officially 'downregged' and start FSH tomorrow. FS has put me up to 250 puregon from 150 on previous cycles to try and get as many eggies as possible for PGD. Having shocking lucrin headaches, forgot how evil that stuff can be, but don't think syneral is much of a picnic either? I haven't down a long down reg cycle since late 2009 and in fact haven't cycled in 8 months so I think my body is having a bit of a rebellion against all the drugs!

Still feeling concerned about what my new low AMH status will mean for this cycle, however together with FS we have agreed that if we got less than 3 eggs to day 3 we would not go ahead with the PGD as it wouldn't justify the cost. The downside of that is that it means back to playing russian roulette and putting back only the 'best' looking one or ones and that hasn't worked out so well for us in the past

Honestly, how this this cycle will turn it is completely unknown... I have such low expectations and thinking of it as more diagnostic that anything. Not sure if saizen will add anything to the mix I have seen such mixed results from people using it lately but also excited to see if 8 months on DHEA will make any difference at all?? Have been 6 months caffeine free, no alcohol since start of this cycle, all the pills and potions have been popped and I've been doing weekly acupuncture since late last year. I feel I can truly put my hand on my heart and say I have now given everything I can to TTC with my own eggs.

Still miracles happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello everyone

sorry it's been such a long time since coming in to say hi. I hope everyone is doing well. Have been keeping more or less up to date...

starfish - looks like our stimming is going to be on exactly the same schedule. I have had day 1 today of my first antagonist cycle, so start Puregon and Pregnyl tomorrow. All very strange, going straight into FSH like this. I also feel it's a bit of a mystery how the cycle will turn out. for us both - and any other fabulous ladies stimming too?? - it's the best cycle ever.

sorry no personals just now. will be back soon...

slinky