Closed Thread
Page 65 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sabah: I'm so sorry that it wasn't a BFP. I have made a conscious decision to never POAS whilst doing any of this. I really hope you get a much better result next round.

Slinki: Fantastic news about your FS change . Can I ask who you are seeing at SIVF? I just had our initial nursing appt yesterday and we had to select a FS to oversee us, and I definitely made sure it was Gabrielle Dezarnaulds as she specilaises in PCOS.
    I know how frustrating it can be when it's all up to you and DH gets off scott free! One thing which was great about the nursing appt too was the nurse really stuck into DH about his binge drinking. DH is half Swede/Pommy and our mate is Irish, they can go through 2 cases of beer in 2 days plus whatever else. I've been at him for almost 4 years about it and he keeps saying 'but my results are fine'. I could kill him!
    Anyway goodluck and enjoy your holiday.

Dr Mummy: You are right. I need to sort it out, and I know if I don't it can cause mc and lower IQ in bub. Unfortunately it means now we'll be starting in August if everything is ready to go. So a disappointing delay, but a necessary one. I'm trying to remain pragmatic, but it is an emotional journey regardless. I hope you are feeling wonderful and glowing.

Thanks to everyone who has offered me support. Even though we'll now be starting around August if all is well, I'm still going to hang around here with you lovely people.

AFM: My Endocrinologist was really lovely, and she's put me on Eutroxsig 50mg. Only prob is after 3 days on 1 pill a day, my tacchycardia and ectopic beats are out of control. I can't help but feel my heart muscle will be destroyed from bad rhythms, stress and weight. I'm going to try call her as I can't do another bad night again.

On a better note, after being married for 3+ years, I have booked our 4 night honeymoon to the Daintree/Cairns for July. It's not the 6 week round the world trip we'd planned before all the hoo-haa of car accidents etc. I'm going to come back refreshed and ready to tackle this whole thing head on. DH will have a surprise as I've booked a day trip to the outback and some caves. He's been dying to go to the desert. So this will be the next best thing. I'm going to try and squeeze a massage in somewhere.
    Wishing you all
    Daisy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sabah, so sorry this time wasn't your time. I hope your next time gives you a lasting Do what you can to take care of and nurture yourself, as you make your plans for what is next

Slinky, it sounds like this new FS is much more focussed on treating with an individualised plan, and I truly believe that is the secret to success in this IVF caper. Hopefully it won't be necessary though, because this IUI will do the trick

MrsDaisyP, I know in the past how hard it was for me to accept any delay in my treatment to deal with other health issues (ie my NK cell biopsy and my lap and hyst) even where I knew it was necessary to improve my chances of IVF success - it is so frustrating!!! Here's hoping the time passes quickly for you, and helps to set you up for a BFP first cycle Am very envious of your holiday - I love FNQ - have a wonderful time with DH! Re your DH's 'guys', we had a slightly different situation in that my DH's sample was "okay-ish" - always a little bit low on motility and numbers and in fact on our first cycle we needed ICSI. With the help of the book "Fertility Plan" and my new FS reminding him that he was half of the DNA equation (Duh, but I think he needed to hear it from the lady in the white coat, obviously me telling him wasn't enough!) he stopped drinking when I started on the Syneral (I did a long downreg), started taking CoQ10 and Vitamin C supplements and even had acupuncture the night before EPU. Anyway it resulted in his best sample ever and our first BFP in our long assisted conception journey. Of course I made loads of changes to my diet etc and we did a long down reg for the first time, so many changes and it is hard to pick out which one made the difference, but with IVF - as opposed to natural conception - you only get one go at it per cycle, so may as well be the best???

Hierophant, it is wonderful to see you back posting on this thread, although I wish it was with you posting a BFP Dr M and Slinky have some very positive comments/suggestions and I'm not sure I have much more to add other than saying I know how very hard it is to remain positive, and that every "surprise" pregnancy announcement - even where you are very happy for your friends - can feel like a kick in the guts. Take care of yourself, and I hope you can find soon the magic recipe to make your snowbubs stick

DrMummy, thank you so much for asking about me, I haven't been too grand. Had my scan on Monday where we saw a blob with a heartbeat and FS dropped my progesterone back to one a day, but then on Tuesday night I had another bleed, quite heavy, which lasted about 3 hours and then stopped. FS upped me back onto 2 progesterone a day, and I haven't bled since then, although yesterday I came down with the most ferocious cystitis infection and had to go get some antiobiotics (Doctor gave me Keflex - pregnancy safe apparently). Not sure if bubs can survive all of this??? I still feel pregnant - sore boobs, nausea etc - but I have a (TMI WARNING!!!!) black discharge but I think this might be the Crinone??? Anyone else here ever had that from Crinone??? Anyway, I have another scan on Tuesday so we will find out for sure then. Today I am officially 7 weeks .... just so desperately want this little one to stick.

Always, lovely to know you are still keeping an eye on all of us! Hope that Miss Zoe is behaving herself for you. Sorry if this is too personal a question, but are you thinking of trying again?

PinkB, thinking of you, hope you are healing.

Starfish, hope the waiting game isn't driving you I so hope this is all worth it, and makes you a perfect bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heiro - chin up sweet girl. It's a hard journey and one that makes us all say "why me". Try to remain as positive as possible..............I know easier said than done. I can't add any suggestions but some great ones have been mentioned earlier. Always thinking of you and have everything crossed for your future.

Sabah - So so sorry honey. How can that evil POAS be so wrong.....twice. I never had the courage to POAS. My thoughts are with you and am sending you heaps of .

Slinky - Well here's hoping you don't need to see your new FS. Have that your current IUI has worked.

DaisyP - the Daintree/Cairns is a wonderful corner of the world. My DH and I had part of our honeymoon in both locations. Loved every minute. July is a great time of year to travel there too. Not too hot, not too cold............just right. Have a wonderful trip and come back with all batteries charged.

Trying - Everything is going really well at home. I must confess I am really spoilt. Zoe is sleeping through most nights 8pm - 5am/6am. Occasionally she will wake for a 2am/3am feed. But with this sleeping bliss at night she doesn't sleep during the day. So I am pretty much entertaining a 7 week old all day and then trying to get work/washing etc done at night. Not complaining just having to adjust. Speaking of a second try, we are going to try our frosty when Zoe is about 12 months old. If that doesn't work then that is the end of our IVF journey. I will always be greatful that we have been blessed with one beautful child. The $$ and emotional stress is just too much for this "not so young" spring chicken to go through. I envy/admire anyone that can keep going back and back and back to get their second/third/ etc. I had a dream that my husband was begging me to keep doing cycle after cycle to get our second child. I felt terribly guilty that I kept saying "no, I can't do this anymore". Luckily it was only a dream.

to all. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. It's Zoe's christening tomorrow.

Luv to all
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Trying so very scary to go through but so happy to hear a beautiful blob and a healthy HB in there. Take it easy and cant wait to hear blob goes..

PInk gorgeous hope you are travelling OK

Pearl I hope you find your answers soon lovely

Sabah so sorry to hear your news.

Slinky new FS sounds great although you dont need her

Daisy your Honeymoon although belated sounds so relaxing and wonderful.

to Spot Millie, Always and everyone out there hope you are all doing Ok

Mel xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies

MrsDaisyP - I am with SIVF in Canberra. My dr is Simone Campbell. Seems that the system here is a bit different - here you first go to the FS, who then hooks you in with the clinic, but I gather from your post that in Sydney it's the other way around.... I really think there is a whole thread in the issue of 'how to get DH to come to the party'. It's very bl00dy difficult!! That said, mine has been pretty good for the last few days, so perhaps there's a change in attitude afoot. We can only hope *sigh* . Hope yours comes good soon too!

tryingfortwo - so sorry to hear that you another major bleed last Tuesday. Hope everything has calmed down now. This coming Tuesday's only 2 days away now - have everything that you see that wonderful HB again.

always - great to hear that all goes well for you. I was interested in your comment about going back for #2. I admire your certainty and resolve to just stop at your one frosty....

drmummy - always great to hear from you. Trust you are loving that bumpy glow (or glowing bump??!).

AFM - not really feeling any pregnancy signs (+9 since treatment). Will go for BT tomorrow so not long to wait.

slinky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Slinky for today's BT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky, all the best for bt today, hope you get a great surprise! P.S new FS sounds great and very holistic. Still....hoping you won't need her!

Always, hope little Zoe's Christening went well? I have just gotten back from my nephew/godson's Christening. He is 6 months old so was quite a little wriggler and handful for me trying to hold him still for the water baptism, although he didn't cry at all!

Trying, Have never used crinone, sorry, perhaps someone else can help with the black discharge question? (old blood??) I'm so sorry you are having this horrible and anxious wait but crossing everything for you that tomorrow brings really great news of your little one and you can start to breathe easy for a while. Have asked myself this many times, 'don't we ART ladies go through enough just to get UTD, why can't it just be smooth sailing from this point??'. I guess on reflection some of the most worthwhile things in life haven't come without some hardship or struggle, but geez a break would be nice wouldn't it!?

Millie, how's the gym and other prep work going? Sounds like your body will be in tip top shape to receive your beautiful embie/s in July. Hope the time passes quickly for you. Sorry if I missed this bit, where do you go for the transfer?

PinkB, how are you doing lovely? Hope you are feeling much better.

Jfblady, I have been on DHEA a whopping 7 months now and the blasted symptoms (partic zits) continue to come and go. Yucky huge ones on the neck and chest usually! I imagine I am just maintaining the benefits now after all this time Thankfully, the greasy hair situation seems to have settled down. Your cycle is getting very close now, after all you have been through TTC no 1, I really hope you are lucky first go with no. 2!

Mum4nay, how did things go with your appts with PED last week? Sorry, can't remember if you are doing an antagonist or LDR with your cycle, how's it going?

Hiero, it is so hard to stay the path with so few rewards I think the others have already made some good ideas to consider re: testing and prog support. On the plus side you still have 9 frosties!!! and there is no reason to believe that your bubba isn't in the freezer with it's little frozen mates just waiting to get it's chance to implant and develop. I also understand the need to take time out, soul search and find the right path for you and DP, you are a wise woman to choose this and not rush into something you are not ready for emotionally or physically. the path becomes clearer soon.

Sabah, thinking of you

MrsDaisy, lots of ducks to line up to get things going, but sounds like you are all over it! Have a wonderful holiday and some R&R for both you and DH. I also love that part of the world, we got married in FNQ in Palm Cove almost 5 years ago. Gee where did all the time go?

Hi to Fiona, Drmummy, Melk, Spot

AFM, still pill popping (when I remember to take them ) and scoping out a Plan B (sister) and Plan C (overseas ED) as other options if this cycle does not yield any normal embies. DH and I have had many long talks and have come to some peace with the ED idea. For me, I can accept the idea of a non biological child, but still cannot accept the idea of not having a family at all. There is some releif in coming to this decision and some renewed hope that we will...somehow, get there in the end!
    Have a great week all
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 11-04-2011 at 11:33. Reason: addit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies!

Firstly, big hugs to Sabah - I'm so sorry hun that this cycle was a BFN

Starfish – thanks for your thoughts. I’m glad to hear that discussions in your household about other options are positive. Your strength and positivity are amazing – you will make a fantastic mama whether the child is biologically yours or not. Much love to you and DH.

Always – thanks for your thoughts too. I hope Zoe’s christening was a magical day for you all .

Slinky – great to hear your new FS is more proactive and positive. Sounds like just what you needed. And thanks for your thoughts on my post. As for your questions, I’ve done 2 stim cycles (one down reg, one antagonist) and 3 medicated FETs so far. I’ve had to use Pregnyl as my luteal phase support as I don’t react to Crinone very well (very bad depression). I wish I could use Crinone though – not convinced the Pregnyl is all that helpful And because my cycles are all over the shop, and I don’t respond to Clomid, I’ve had to use FSH to get things going for the FETs. As for thyroid/insulin issues – well I have Type 1 diabetes and hypothyroidism, both of which are really tightly controlled on insulin and thyroxine. So I have those issues, LOL, but thankfully they were sorted out well before I started IVF. I do remain convinced that something else is happening – maybe some kind of autoimmune response, as I seem to be predisposed to autoimmune problems. But I’ve had no specific testing for anything at my clinic! I think I might have to emerge from behind my relatively-shy nature and demand some tests before we start again.

DrMummy – I am so pleased to hear your progress and that bubs is doing well. I must ask – what do you teach at uni? I’m also a uni lecturer Thanks for your thoughts and no, your questions were not intrusive or offensive at all. When we first started this journey DP was all for having a baby of her own, so we decided I would go first then she would try for baby #2. Now she’s not keen at all, mainly because she doesn’t like the invasive nature of clinic conception (i.e. the ultrasounds!), which is a shame as I think she would fall pregnant just by walking into the clinic, LOL! I’m totally OK with her being the baby mama (I just want to be a parent – doesn’t matter if it’s not my biological child) so perhaps if my last few cycles don’t work, then she might change her mind back to wanting to try.

A big hello to MelK, Fiona, spot, PinkButterfly, MrsDaisyP, tryingfortwo, millie, mum4nay, and everyone else I’ve missed.

Have a great week everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiero, I think of the whole IVF process as being radical therapy for my tendency to defer to the medical profession After 5 failed transfers I decided that I had to become a partner in my own care, and to ask a lot of questions - not direct my treatment, because after all I am not a doctor and I am paying for their expertise - but to make sure that everything was being considered. As a result of my questioning I had an NK biopsy which did discover high NK cells in my uterus (despite my FS telling me he thought it was basically a waste of time), and also a laparoscopy which discovered a big slab of inflammation in my pelvis (my body had done a sort of half job of cleaning up endometriosis, leaving the inflammation behind). It really went against the grain to question and ask for these things, especially when with my first FS (and another I consulted) gave me so much skepticism (until I found an FS who was committed to diagnose first - treat second) but I truly believe that properly diagnosing and then dealing with these issues was one of the keys to my BFP. Re progesterone support, my current FS gave me Provera tablets for progesterone support for both my failed IUI and my current successful fresh stim cycle - might it be worth raising it as an option with your FS as you may be able to tolerate that better than the Crinone? Best of luck with your journey, I truly hope there is a lovely sticky BFP in your future

Always, I hope Zoe's christening went well, what a wonderful occasion for you and DH.

Starfish, hope the pill popping is going well and hope it pays off with a BFP!

AFM a massive, massive relief today when I had the scan and we saw a lovely heartbeat and it measures exactly right for 7 weeks 5 days. So we got referrals for obstetricians - "graduation" for IVFers! After the bleeds and cramps it was a massive relief. I know we have a long way to go, but I am tonight a very happy and relieved lady.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying4two - What wonderful news for you. I am so pleased. Congratulations on "graduating". Enjoy being on .

Slinky - I hope you not posting is because you are celebrating.

Starfish - If you go down the ED path when you feel that baby growing inside you you won't even think about "genetics". I believe that a ED path is a wonderful alternative and one that I would have taken if our last cycle was not successful. Whatever it takes . Hopefully you and DH won't need to worry about this path but look at it as your backup to making your dreams come true

to everyone.

Zoe's christening went well, although she missed the whole thing. She slept from beginning of ceremony at 4:30 pm, water being poured on her head, dinner and even when we got home at about 9:00 pm. I had to tell her all about her christening the next day Her dress was beautiful although her bonnet made her look a little "armish????".

Zoe had her 2 month needles today. I think I cried more than Zoe. DH had to deal with us both