Closed Thread
Page 61 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quick drop in to send my Congratulations to Tryingfor2!!!

and to send bestwishes to all of you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

tryingfortwo  (23-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TRYINGFORTWO - such great news for this thread

PINKBUTTERFLY - great to see someone else jabbing the liquid gold as they call it I hope you get fantastic results from it

MRSDAISYP - good to hear your move went well

DR MUMMY - hope all is well with you and you are staying well

To STARF1SH, MILLIE, MELK, MUM4NAY, PEARLHOBBES, FIONALICE, AND ANYONE I HAVE MISSED

AFM had 4 follicles at EPU yesterday. Called this morning for my results and spoke to scientist and all 4 fertilised which was just about to jump for joy when she says however.... 3 were abnormal so only one is useable WHAT THE????
    I have never had this before - there is always some obstacle for us all to overcome. I need to call her again tomorrow to make sure the one and only is still coming along ok. The scientist was so compassionate and patient on the phone with all my silly questions. It is so hard to stay positive sometimes.. I know we all say you only need one good one but please please can this be it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sabah For This Useful Post:

tryingfortwo  (24-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Sabah - so sorry to hear your disappointment... but at least you do have your one special little survivor. Lets hope he'll do it for you

PinkB - yay for new cycle... I hope the saizen does good things - the research certainly looks convincing to me Why the prednisone already??? Isn't pred. about aiding implantation and therefore comes later? (sorry for my ignorance)

T42 - how is it up on Can't wait for your scan... what's the date?

DrMummy - you are also such a guiding light for me too, so glad you pop in every now and then.... whenever I get frustrated that I'm doing nothing in this IVF journey, I think of you and your wisdom waiting for the DHEA to kick in...

AFM - my special donor is still willing and able to help (to my amazement!) She's flying to sydney in 2 weeks for counselling/initial dr appointments. So glad I can talk to you guys about it, as I can't tell friends etc as it's a bit 'left field', and may not even work out???

In the meantime, I'm now 3.5 months on DHEA and booked in for my last ever cycle (so I'll be 4.5 months on DHEA when I'm stimming...). No organultron so I'm doing the same old long cycle with the killer syneral. I just hope they give me a monumental dose of gonal to give me hope of even 1 egg??? Just started back on the chinese herbs too - I'm doing the 'cook it yourself' ones that are cheaper, stinky ++ and apparently alot stronger. Taste SO SO bad... anyone tried them??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sabah - Hoping with all my might your one embryo is the golden one! Please, Please, Please!!!! I agree its hard to stay positive when there are so many obstacles. Thinking of you!

Mum4nay – I am started on 10mg of pred with the aim to up to 20mg at EPU – because you have to go on and off gradually I think thats why its started earlier to ramp up???? maybe – hmmmm now I must ask them why – getting slack just going along with what they tell me to do!!!

So so Glad you have a wonderful donor who is onboard and good luck for your cycle!

Hi all, sorry for the downer - but need to vent and get some of your valuable advice...
    This cycle is off to a slow start – after 5 days of FSH (300 puregon) my oestrogen is on the low side 300ish – it seems my LH has been oversupressed (on the down reg cycle) and is slowing the rise in oestrogen down. I will add Luveris to the mix to try and help and up FSH to 450. I am just concerned as this hasn’t happened before, I am not 100% convinced the down reg cycle suits me (last time we got grainy eggs whereas the previous antag. cycles we hadn’t)... maybe I am over suppressed???. Also concerned about the quality of eggs that will come from this??? Anyway scan and BT this Friday so might discuss pulling the pin on this cycle then. Any advice appreciated????.

Starting to think this is not going to work for us, maybe i should be grateful with one miracle and move on - just so many obstacles at every turn, its just so hard some days to keep positive and fight the fight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Sabah - I'm really sorry your embies are struggling. I hope a few turn the corner today. This game is so hard. Heaps of magical babydust and hugs.

Mum4 - Yes I tried those vile herbs. They stink the house out & nothing made them taste palatable. It didn't do anything for me, but you never know!

Pink - this cycle sounds really difficult. I'm sure it will work especially with the luveris added. Visualize lovely golden eggs :-) Good luck to you.

'Hi' to everyone I've missed. Posting is hard on iPhone.

Heaps of sparkly babydust to everyone here.

Millie xo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (25-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mum4nay great news about your donor coming to sydney - really hope the councelling / dr appts go well. Although i really really hope your last cycle has the magic embie just hiding in there ready to come out.

PInk sounds like this will be a slow cycle for you hope the luveris helps move things along ..

Milli Gorgeous how are you ?? what's happening with you??

Love to All

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Melk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sabah, Oh cr*p! Sorry to hear it went from 4 eggies down to the one golden egg. It is disappointing especially when you have invested so much in it (not to mention the $$$ ) HOWEVER, where there is an egg there is always hope and I often think of the story of Kiwigemini with only 1 egg retrieved and 1 sperm and she now has a beautiful bubba. Keep us posted on little eggies progress, hope it is now a gorgeous growing embie

PinkB, far out this business is haaaaaard! Hopefully, it is just off to a slow start. What are the clinic nurses saying? If you are in any doubt I would suggest you email our FS with your concerns, I have always found he is quick to get back to you and doesn't muck around. Hope you get some good news tomorrow and it all starts looking on track I do hear you re: the long down reg, I am doing one this time, haven't down one since late 2009 and have no idea how it will go, as I had such varied results from the two I have done

Mum4nay, excellent news!! 2 great options on the table with a cycle with your own eggs and your wonderful donor coming to Sydney soon to kick off the back up plan. Wow what a difference a month makes hey!??

AFM, DH and I have bitten the bullet and are doing a PGD cycle, long down reg and started the pill today so they can control every aspect! I already have an EPU date for May Very precise this PGD business and it bl00dy better be with the hardcore $$ we are investing Apparently, we will be the 4th couple at our clinic to go thru a PGD cycle with the new technology, and we are very excited that all 23 chromosomes from the egg can be looked at.

In the end the decision was based on us not feeling able to face yet another MC and I feel like we have been playing russian roulette with our embies with the last 4 transfers either ending in MC or chem preg. So at least we will finally have some answers re: egg quality. At the same time it is quite terrifying because it all feels so final in some ways, especially if we don't get any normal embies to transfer but then at least we can look at other options...

Hope everyone else is travelling well and sending lots of and and buckets of compassion wherever you are on this challenging journey. They say what doesn't kill you.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

sabah and PinkB - some big big for both of you. Aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh this is a terrible bl00dy business!!!

sabah - I hope your little golden one is coming along beautifully and you got some good news when you called in today. Thinking of you and have that the cycle ends up being a good one.

PinkB - sorry but my knowledge of IVF is not good enough to help you out. Not sure what Luveris is for?? I do think, though, that you instinctively know if something is not right for you and from experience I think it's good to be interventionist with your FS if you need to. I've tended to find that we ourselves are the ones who focus most personally on our own situation - with many FSs, you can just be another patient. I see from Starf1sh's post that you share an FS - definitely sounds like a good idea to contact him if you're worried. There's so much at stake here.

mum4nay - sounds like you're entering a very exciting time. Glad to say I've not tried the hideous chinese herbs. Bleugh. Your donor sounds like one special woman. for some success for you, one way or the other, sometime soon.

Starf1sh - hello gorgeous and how exciting things are underway for you!!! Sounds like you have a rock solid plan to get this baby-making business on the straight and narrow. Can they really already book in your EPU date?? Must be an incredibly tightly controlled process. I can understand what you mean about it being a bit terrifying; at least you will have some answers one way or the other once you are through this. And hopefully, of course, a big lovely sticky BFP answer

Tryingfortwo - hope you are starting to glow already. When is the scan to see how many HBs?? Such wonderful wonderful news for you

hello to everyone else - Melk, milliegirl, alwayshoping, drmummy, fionaalice and anyone else I've missed.

AFM - currently on day 5 of the IUI cycle, first BT on Sunday. Have been doing a lot of thinking and have taken the step of making an appointment for early May (first available) with a new FS. Have only had (so far) 1xIUI and 1x ICSI cycle with our current FS, which I know isn't a lot, but am feeling quite frustrated because (a) he is very difficult to get hold of and I don't really feel he's putting his mind properly to our situation (in addition to being an FS he is an obstetrician and also does academic work), and (b) he is a complete sceptic of anything other than highly traditional IVF strategies. He has already indicated that he would not do anything different if we decide to do another ICSI cycle. This may be completely correct advice, but the combined effect of his busy-ness and lack of willingness to try something new just makes me feel like we might be wasting time doing another cycle. Particularly because there's a 3 month wait again if it's BFN. So currently thinking we'll go through with this IUI and then either do another IUI with current FS, and then if still no BFP go to new one, or just take a break for a month while waiting to see new FS. Tryingfortwo - have to admit I was quite influenced by how successful your decision to go to a new FS has been. I just feel we have so little time left that I don't want to waste any opportunities..... At the same time, I am completely humbled by the grace of women on this thread, like sabah and PinkB, who retain so much equanimity in the face of difficulty in these awful processes.

slinky

14. The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    MUM4NAY - I'm hearing you with the stinky chinese herbs I use them too. I think though after a while you do get used to them. I alternate between the raw ones and the tablet form as I travel so much with work. The tablets are definatley easier to swallow however not as strong they say. Lets hope this cycle is yours and you may not even need your donor! However it sounds like you have a nice alternative in the wings if you need it

PINKBUTTERFLY - for your scan and BT today I hope you get some great positive results. With so many cycles for our FS to choose from it is so hard sometimes. I agree sometimes we just do what they suggest and tell us to do without asking many questions. I think we need to listen to our guts and be strong and say no I would like to do ...... cycle Sounds good in theory I know!

STARF1SH - thanks for letting me know about kiwigemini, it is always so nice to hear about others successes I think it gives us all that little bit of extra hope.
    I so hope this cycle gives you and DH the answers you need. Look forward to hearing all about your cycle

SLINKYMALINKI- good luck with your BT on Sunday. Good on you for being strong and thinking aabout going and getting a second opinion with a FS. You have to feel incredibly confident and happy with your FS and if you feel you aren't getting the support and answers you need then why not seek an alternative

to MELK, MILLIE, DR MUMMY, ALWAYS HOPING, FIONAALICE, SPOT, DAISY P AND ANYONE I MAY HAVE MISSED

AFM - well I'm offically PUPO I got the call very late Wednesday afternoon from FS that he didnt want to wait until today for transfer. So had ET yesterday with a Grade 3 embie with no fragmentation. The scientist said it was a great embie. I have never had a grade 3 before only 2's and a poor little 1. So I am really hoping the saizen has maybe helped in the end giving me the one little golden one I need. Time will tell I guess

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sabah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sabah – Congrats on being PUPO!!!!! Sounds like your protocol has helped with the quality which is fantastic. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Slinky – Good luck for your cycle. I definitely think its worth getting a 2nd opinion, especially if you know your current FS would just keep to the same plan. I recently changed and it has helped for peace of mind & trying everything i possibly can. I agree too we really need to be our own advocates. I can sense the nurses eyes rolling with my advocating sometimes!!!!Good luck and thanks for your kind words!

Starfish – yay for starting another cycle. I can understand that you feel daunted for sure. I really hope this PGD gives you more info and guides you to your golden embryo. I don’t have our FS’s email, but I will try and get hold of it. Thats so good he replies, my last one never replied to phonecalls or emails really!

AFM – scan today showed 5 follicles 15,14, 13 and 2 x 11mm which is not the worst ever for me. Oestrogen has only risen to 760 though so really slow – don’t think that’s enough for decent eggs??? Anyway still not out of the woods for cancelling, back for scan & BT Monday. The rollercoaster continues...

Have a good weekend everyone!