Closed Thread
Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Daisy, You are not alone, I think most of us would've felt overwhelmed at our first FS appt. I know I spent most of mine trying not to cry, I couldn't believe I was actually having to have this conversation and I took little in. I'm sorry I don't know the specifics of your situation but I would recommend getting all the testing you can prior to starting IVF, so you might want to ask FS about what he recommends for your situation for both you and your DH. Also what kind of treatment would he likely be recommending for you? If you want some ideas of specific testing to ask for there is a wealth of information among this amazing group of women and everyone here would be able to help with that... and yes good idea to ask how to contact FS (directly by phone or email) with questions you may have after the consultation.

Slinky, thanks gorgeous

PinkB, meant to say, great to hear you will be starting again soon, will be really interested to hear what kind of protocol you will be doing with new tricks on the table
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 17-02-2011 at 08:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daisy - yes, you have officially run out of fingers to put in pies. That seems to be the rhyme of life.................everything or nothing. Don't feel bad about your first appointment with FS. Get all the information you can from him/her and bring it home and then read and ask all the girls here any questions you have and also ring the clinic. I agree that you should ask for as many "pre" treatment tests to make sure that they are treating you for anything that might impinge on your first cycle. Better to treat the issues (if you have any) now than have it ruin a cycle, see all those $$ go down the drain and more importantly have your emotions come crashing down. Just go with the flow today and try not to go too . Sending you all the .

Swede - So great to hear from you. I think we can all "forgive" you for being preoccupied . I love the name you have given your little man. LOVE IT. Can just feel the love coming through your words. You're going to be the best mummy. Hope you recover quickly from your C-section.

Spot - sending you heaps and heaps and heaps of . Please let this be the one .

Starfish - head up gorgeous. Sorry to hear you are having a gloomy week. I know it's easier said than done but try to look at the positive things and hopefully this will lift your spirits. Sending you . Becoming a god mother is very special. I have two god sons and one god daughter. Very special days indeed. An overseas holiday for the week of your birthday..............now that's something to look forward to. Where are you going? Always love dragging out that passport

Trying - glad everything is working out. Have my crossed for a great cycle and a BFP at the end.

To everyone I have missed, wishing you every bit of success, happiness and peace for your journey.

AFM - had my ob appointment yesterday. Am approx 2 cm dialated. That's an experience I can't say I would look forward to in a hurry. Will be off to hospital tomorrow morning for 7am to be induced. Bubby is way to happy where he/she is and is going to be given a push on. My DH is soooooo excited. He was rubbing my tummy this morning and saying good morning to bubby. It was like watching a little kid get excited over a christmas present.............very heart warming (and wrenching). So hopefully by tomorrow evening I will be holding our precious miracle in my arms. I will finally get to meet this little "kick boxing, wriggle worm".

Luv & hugs, always
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everybody!

Wow, so much happening on this thread.

Always, can't wait to hear about the safe arrival of your jumping bean!

Daisy, my first meeting with the FS is a blur. I spent most of the time, like Starfish, in disbelief that I was even there. I started going in with a notebook because I would forget the questions I had to ask because I got so emotional. Good luck - I hope it goes well for you - and hope life calms down soon for you!.

Slinky, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Starfish, birthdays are hard. In this IVF business every one takes on such gloomy meaning, but my DH just kept saying it is just another day, and does not really portend anything too much in and of itself - which did help me to calm down a bit. I think it must be so hard to be working in an area where so much is demanded of you emotionally when you are on this IVF rollercoaster. After all you have been through you would have to be superhuman if you didn't feel a bit drained emotionally. Hang in there, keep looking forward, I think a marvellous overseas trip is just what you need (what a wonderful DH!) and sounds like your FS has lots of great ideas. Huge positivities (especially of the BFP kind) in your future, methinks.

Swedeendie, Archie sounds gorgeous! Thanks for dropping in to give us the news!

Spot, Have everything crossed that this is a sticky BFP for you.

Sabah, hope the Saizen is the thing that will give you a BFP this cycle.

PinkB, hope all is well with you. Can't wait to hear about the great new things you will have going on this cycle!

AFM AF arrived this afternoon (finally). So blood test tomorrow and pick up the drugs. Back to jabbing soon! Very relieved ... I feel like I have been waiting for so long, with the last cycle going so disastrously awry and then my levels taking so long to drop. Please, please, please let this be the successful cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh: Happy Birthday! I hope that your holiday will put you in a sunnier mood. I can only dream of a holiday right now, so I'm going to live vicariously through you.
    I managed to try and crack some jokes. After 3.5 years of research, I told her what we wanted. LOL.
    I took note and was going to ask about how to contact them if I have any queries, but they actually gave me all the information up front. Who to call, the direct number, etc. We had a whole lot blood tests done after, although I have to go back for an ultrasound on the 9th March at 8 am. Ugh thats the day after we move.
    In regards to our specific issues, DH had a vasectomy about 9 years ago when he was happily married w/-out kids to his late wife. I have PCOS and had a m/c about 6 years ago which started a whole rollercoaster ride of *period trouble*. It wasn't until 2008 I self diagnosed PCOS and then my doctor confirmed it with an US.

Always Hoping: All the best with your induction. I had one with my son. I suggest taking some soft centre chocolates with you as you won't be able to eat and the sugar will help keep you going. Plus chocolate is awesome!
    You and your DH are going to fall in love and all I can say is congratulations. Can't wait to hear how it all went.

Thanks for your advice also. After all this time, I think it went as well as it could have gone. Although I think I only know our FS first name? Sonal. I will have to google.
    The blood tests were for the usual suspects. Most of mine have been checked before so I'm pretty sure there isn't anything serious lurking around. Same for DH. He hates the sight of needles, blood and body parts. So I'm going to get a great deal of amusement from his facial expressions in future.

tryingfortwo: I wish you all the best for this cycle. I will be cheering for you.

Good thinking about the notebook. I was going to buy a tape recorder thingy. But I seriously just don't have time to listen to myself again. LOL

AFM: I've been up since 5.26am. Going through packing in my head and worrying about our nasty property manager. To be honest, she makes a car salesman look honest!
    We have not one but 2 open inspections over today and tomorrow. Plus I'm going to have a look at a place to rent today (through a friend) and also driving to Leura tomorrow to view a house to buy. Sydney prices are impossible to afford and still have a life.
    Todays first priority (when the shop opens) is to get some pregs vitamins, does anyone recommend any particular brand?

Hope everyone else is doing fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    To our lovely Always Hoping - thinking of you today and cheering you on - on this wonderful day when you get to meet your little one. Can't wait to hear your news - I am guessing a boy! Take care and enjoy every minute (well after the labour is over!!!)

Sending and to all. Will be back later, doing boring Tax while DD at grandparents and realising how many medical bills there are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always :can't wait to hear your good news

Starf1sh HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENJOY YOU DESERVE IT

Trying4two this has to be the cycle for you

Spot extra for you hope you are travelling ok

Slinki saizen injections are a growth hormone to help with embryo quality hope all goes well with your FS appointment

MrsDaisyP hope you have some luck house hunting tomorrow

mum4nay, pearlhobbes,millie, sweed, melk, dr mummy and anyone I have missed

AFM Been sniffing for a couple of days now and still throwing back the chinese herbs ha ha if only they tasted that good!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just dropping in to wish Spot the best of luck. I think you are amazing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babydreaming35 For This Useful Post:

SpotTheOcelot  (19-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi lovelies

Just a couple of very quick posts before phone dies will get online properly over the weekend .
    Firstly. SPOT. Yeah PUPO !! Well done embie I have every thing crossed every prayer said that this bubba finds his way home. Take care beautiful . Xox

Swedee and Archie sending you loads of hugs

Hope I don't spoil it for you all but I have to congratulate Always & DH on the arrival of their gorgeous bundle a little girl called Zoe !!

Love to all xoxox

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Melk For This Useful Post:

SpotTheOcelot  (19-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    congrats Always on your new DD!!! thank you melk for the info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HUGE CONGRATULATIONS ALWAYS & DH -

WONDERFUL NEWS -

WELCOME TO THE WORLD PRECIOUS LITTLE ZOE