Closed Thread
Page 46 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying42 - Oh what a terribly frustrating cycle. I hope that the IUI works for you . Are you going to have a BT before starting the Synarel? Antagonist never worked for me (no eggs recovered) and flare only gave me immature eggs but long down-reg cycles gave us our 3 embryos. You had a good number of follicles so your next cycle (hopefully it won't be necessary) will be great I'm sure.

FionaA - congratulations on being PUPO. Snuggle in for mummy little one and for mummy during the 2WW.

Slinky
    - congratulations too, sounds like a perfect embryo. I hope it is a sticky one and lots of too. Not long to wait tho'

Spot - for a perfect lining. I hope everything goes perfectly for you ET is a day procedure (all 10 mins of it) at our clinic too but it has been since we started there. No cuppa or biscuit either. Definitely a pretty money earner for them.

PinkB - glad you're well. Sounds like big changes are afoot in the Pink household. How exciting. I hope DD has lots of fun with all her new friends.

Melk - glad you are well and almost half way there already. Bubs should be giving you some high kicks soon so you'll have some ongoing indications that all is well.

Starfish - unfortunately I became very good at blocking out other's "good news" which is not me at all. Some people are unbelievably insensitive but most are just totally naive. That doesn't make it any easier in your situation given everything that you have gone through and what you have recently experienced. A younger colleague of mine was 7 months pregnant when I had my successful cycle and I tried to use her as a positive focus during the 2WW, visualising myself in her position. Even though I'd found her easy success (decided to stop BCP and bang, BFP) very trying up to that point, I did actually draw strength from it when I really needed to. I hope you can stay strong and block out all negative influences.

Always -

and all around.

AFM - Thank you all for your good wishes. I'm sorry that I have been quite slack in "verbalising" my support for you all but please remember that I am always cheering you on. Very busy with work and trying to spend every free second relaxing with DH. He has moments of self doubt about raising a child from a donor but I am trying everything possible to help him to feel just how critical his role has been at every stage of conception and development. I couldn't have done any of this without him and I truly believe it will all come naturally to him and bubby. Off all medication now so having a little transitional nausea but nothing I can't psych myself through and feel SOOOO much better. Love to all oxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everybody!

So much wonderful hope and support on this thread - and two wonderful BFPs, Melk and DrMummy. Now we need a third to join you girls!

DrM, FS has me starting Synarel on the 8th, (7 days past ovulation) and blood test on 14th. She assures me Synarel won't affect any pregnancy, I am unsure just because I don't like the idea of taking any drugs during a possible pregnancy but don't want to wait another month to cycle either. I turn 39 tomorrow (REALLY don't want to update my signature, but guess I'd better do it!) so I don't want to wait any longer.

Not sure if this helps you but we have a good friend who has just had a daughter conceived by donor sperm. Before the birth he confided in my DH that he was worried about how he would bond with the baby. My darling, plain-speaking DH just told him, "Mate, if it pukes on you and then smiles, and you smile back, you know you've bonded and you know its yours!". My DH told our friend he thought of bonding with a child as "a journey, not a place." I hadn't known he felt that way, and I really liked the description, thought it might spark some thoughts for you as you work it through with your lovely DH. He has been side-by-side with you on an extraordinary journey, going to superhuman lengths to bring this child into the world - greater love hath no Dad, in my books anyway.

Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts on this IUI. I'm trying not to second guess every symptom because I'm on Provera for the first time anyway, and its really making my boobs hurt (sorry, TMI!). Onward we go ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs & love & best wishes to all.

Thanks for all your well wishes, yes, hopefully embie is snuggling in

Tryingfor2 - I love your DH's advice - "Mate, if it pukes on you and then smiles, and you smile back, you know you've bonded and you know its yours!". Hilarious, and I do believe it is as simple as that!

Hope you all have a lovely Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Creeping in to check on our PUPO's Fiona, Trying and Slinky and sprinkle a little more and burrowing energy!

Spot, all the best for your cycle darl and a VERY sticky BFP in a few weeks time

DrM, glad to hear you are feeling a little better and IMHO genetics might make embryos but they certainly don't make you a parent. with Trying's DHs point of view, its stuff like wearing the baby puke, being there for all the disappointments and triumphs of a child's life, and setting the limits but also giving them enough room to grow and learn that creates the parent-child bond. Hope you and DH can talk this one through to a good place for both of you. He sounds like he will be a great dad to your little one.

PinkB, wow lots going on, hope DD has taken to preschool like a duck to water Are you looking for a house in the same area? We have been half heartedly looking for something bigger on and off but will find it hard to leave our lovely but small apartment close to the beach for something bigger but further away. How scary are Sydney house prices btw!!?

Melk, you are so close to being halfway!! Counting down the days with you till you see Beanie again

Always, hope you are as comfy as you can be and you and your loved ones are safe from the bushfires around Perth.

Mum4nay, how are you going with your ED research and drawing DH into the conversation? DHEA will drum up some magic for you in the meantime and boost your AMH. DH and I have recently talked about at least looking into this path if our next cycle is unsuccessful. Lots to consider but ED would be preferable to me than going through mc after mc.

Hi to Millie, Hiero, JFB and anyone else playing the waiting game with me
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 07-02-2011 at 13:08. Reason: add info

Thanks
    Reviews
    to everyone. Cheering you all on from the sidelines and sending much as I possibly can.

Thanks for asking Starfish, yes we are but unfortunately so many arn't. Last I heard there were 51 homes lost and many many more damaged. Where most of the bushfires are isn't a really big community so to lose so many homes.......devastating. One of our most important sanctuaries in life is our home, whether grand or small, and to lose it would be terrible. My heart goes out to our WA victims of fire, our Northern WA victims of flood, QLD, NSW, VIC flood victims and also the cyclone victims............so much devastation and sadness. What next?????????? to everyone.

Luv & hugs, always
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much Trying42 . Your DH's words brought tears to my eyes. I showed it to DH and he nodded, smiled and rubbed my Buddha-belly. I really am the luckiest girl in the whole-wide world .

Thank you Starfish too. Such beautiful women and wonderful mummies to-be very, very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello All.

ALWAYS - Just want to quickly pop in and wish you all the best as your big day approaches, not long now and you will be holding you prescious one in your arms, I hope it all goes well.

DRM - so glad T1 is going well, yet so sad at the same time to see T2. I'm pretty sure DH will be a doting dad regardless, once he sets eyes on your beautiful bub all doubt will leave him.

buckets of this to everyone

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (08-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying for two - hope you have been thoroughly spoilt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try4Two - so sorry I missed where you said it was your birthday. Went back and re-read your post. Here's the hugest and I hope you get thoroughly spoilt. Indulge and spoil yourself.

DrM - your husband sounds like a complete gem. It's so hard for them to feel "really" involved but once that bubby is in his arms projecting many things from all orifices I'm sure he will fall instantly in love (perhaps not with the stuff being projected......). When that baby looks into his eyes at birth he will melt. My nephew is adopted and honestly I don't think my BIL and SIL could love a child any more even if he was biologically their own. Love is definately more than just related cells. .

Kismet - thank you so much for your well wishes. I see the ob tomorrow so we'll see how things are progressing. I am so looking forward to holding this precious miracle in my arms. My husband predicted that I would have bubby today (well not much left of the day - don't like his chances of being right).

to everyone I have missed.

Luv & hugs, always
    xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Always Hoping For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (08-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yippee Trying42

What better way is there to celebrate your birthday than snorting Synarel
    (Did the same for my 40th)

Have a wonderful day and I hope you're totally spoiled in every way.