Closed Thread
Page 44 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DrM - what a day, sadness and happiness all rolled together.
    I am thrilled to hear T1 is developing well.

I am heading in for my FET on Thursday.

Take care all
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always, I'm sorry you are feeling so uncomfortable but not long to go now my dear. Thinking lots of good thoughts for an easy delivery for you. Thanks again for sending your weather our way! It's scorching here in Sydney, still 30C at almost 11pm!

DrM, what a tough day, huge hugs to you. Glad to hear you got to see your little gymnast again & putting on quite a show by the sounds of it! Take care lovely xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the Me Post but yesterday I got some bad news - the blood tests showed by LH rising before I even took the Orgalutran (only on Day 8!) and three follies had become dominant, so the FS said it wasn't worth going to an EPU. We converted to an IUI with great drama (DH racing to clinic from work to produce a sample - me re-scheduling everything this morning like crazy) and got it done within 2 hours as FS said I was going to ovulate yesterday and there was no stopping it, but I have very little hope of success, given my previous failures at IUI, and that I was only Day 9 so how mature can the eggs be? FS said it still had a chance, and in any case was quite upbeat about another stim cycle, as she said she could see 6 small follies on the right and some on the left all of about the same size (which would be suppressed by the dominant follies for this cycle), and given that I have 'grown up my eggs' early on both a flare and an antagonist, she thinks the conclusion is that my pituitary is malfunctioning in some way so the answer is a long down-reg with Synarel twice daily (I only had it once daily on the flare), with daily blood tests from Day 1 to monitor what is going on. On the positive side she is happy to back-to-back cycles, so I start the Synarel in 7 days. I won't be out of pocket at all - they only charge the Medicare fee for all of this, so that's a huge plus (and can you tell I am really, really trying to find positives here???) I am not bawling or anything, just really flat and over it. I just want to bloody get on with it. So I guess I am technically in the 2WW, but without much hope, just a sore, bloated tummy. FS put me on Provera to take for the next two weeks - anyone else taken it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tryingfortwo - what a day!!
    How stressful and upsetting, you must be exhausted!
    Let's hope you defy your own odds and have a massive surprise waiting to happen.

So sorry for you, those days are just awful.
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tryingfor2, I'm sorry hun that your EPU was cancelled, it is disappointing when you are already 8 days in Is there a chance of multiples with those 3 big follies hanging around?? I admire you for finding the silver lining and who knows in this crazy game you might just get a very pleasant surprise! Have never taken Provera, can't help there sorry.

Beautiful Fi, by this time tomorrow you will be PUPO too!!! I can't tell you how much I am hoping that this is THE ONE! Sending you lots of

Slinky, how did that petrie dish party go?

1st day back at work yest and the new girl on my team announces her pregnancy, oh the bitter irony! Thank you universe for that kick while I am down On a brighter note have been for a swim every day this week, ahh the sweet relief from the heat and soothing powers of the ocean!

Righty-o releasing truckloads of over us all, time for new positive energy!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 02-02-2011 at 19:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tryingfortwo - I logged on tonight wondering how all was going for you and it really is all happening! It completely sux that your stim cycle had to be cancelled and can so understand you feeling flat and over it A big mental turnaround required. I do have that you get a magnificent surprise with the IUI but understand your skepticism. And well done you for seeing the upside in it all The long down reg you'll be on is exactly what I was doing ie Synarel twice daily etc. Look forward to doing the journey with you this time 'round. Take good care

DrM - must have been so so tough seeing precious T2 in there Wonderful that T1 was putting on cutest behaviour for mummy and daddy. What a gorgeous sight Great that you have another appt in 3 weeks - not too long to wait!

fionaalice - very best of luck for the FET tomorrow

Starf1sh honey - aarrghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to your colleague announcing her pregnancy.

always - hang in there luvvie. Cool change has arrived in Canberra. I know you're a long way from here but hope there's some relief in sight for you too

Thanks to everyone for the support and good thoughts. They ended up doing ICSI (count was low - no surprise there) and 5 out of 6 fertilised. At this clinic you're allowed to ring up every day to get a progress report. News this morning (day 2) was that 4 were at 2 cells and one at 3 cells ie all had progressed to next stage, which embryologist was happy with (as everyone no doubt knows, they like to see 2-4 cells on day 2). They were all categorised as a grade 2. Scientist said that that doesn't mean they won't become a Grade 1 in time. So all in all very happy with the direction things are headed. Should be 6-8 cells tomorrow so we'll see how they go overnight. Sooo weird to think of them there at the clinic, dividing away as I write Still feel nervous about at least one of them making it to blastie by Saturday

slinky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky, it sounds like things are proceeding terrifically well, and I'm so very glad! Here's hoping that there are miracles around the corner for both of us I'm going to keep your precious little embies in my thoughts until Saturday, sending them lots of for great division and development, for a choice of blasts to transfer! Your post reads as though you are very calm in yourself; I hope that's true and that you are recovering well from your EPU, ready for transfer.

DrM, so glad to hear T1 is doing well, and ache for your sadness at seeing T2. Can you feel bubby moving yet? Once that happens it will give you daily (and nightly!) reassurance so you won't be so reliant on the scans. Sounds like you are still processing what has happened ... sending lots of care and calm your way.

Starfish, thanks for the babydust broadcast!

Fionaalice, for your FET tomorrow! Its the new moon - traditionally a very auspicious time to conceive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fionaalice, just realised today is also Chinese New Year - and its the Year of the Rabbit - the most fertile animal in the Animal Kingdom! Could you have a more auspicious day for your FET? Good luck and I hope it goes well today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your well wishes ladies

Tryingfortwo your post gave me a big

Transfer is this afternoon and I have that weird mixture of excitement and anxiousness.
    I'll let you know how things go.

Slinky ... things are sounding good

Starfish - thanks gorgeous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it all went well Fiona!

Slinky - how are the embies going?

Good luck to everyone else.

Millie zo