Closed Thread
Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Slinky, hope you managed to fit the BD into the schedule! All the best for EPU tomorrow and a speedy recovery, look forward to hearing your fab numbers

DrMummy, thanks gorgeous your opinion is always valued and I'm thinking you (and my FS) are right re: the focus needing to go on egg/embie quality. DHEA, saizen, (a bit of acupuncture) and the whole pharmacy of supplements I am taking will FINALLY get me over the line and past that blasted scan. Hope you are doing ok??

MrsDaisyP & Good luck! We have a couple of things in common, I'm a Sydney girl myself and also staring down the barrel of b'day no. 36!

Back to work for me this week but I have already planned to take a week's holiday in March so have something to look forward to!

Have a good evening lovelies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear FionaA, Trying42, LochNessie, Always, PinkB, Starfish, Millie, Hiero, Spot, JFBlady, Melk, Mum4nay, Slinky, Kismet, thank you so much to you all.

It has been a very difficult week but thankfully also very busy. I had a big cry on Tuesday, well pretty much all day Tuesday which was quite difficult at work but I didn't really give a $hit and I was able to hide in my office most of the day. I hadn't told anyone at work that I was expecting twins and only a few people knew that I was pregnant anyway so I haven't told anyone there about it. I was very glad that Wed was a holiday. It was a difficult thing to tell our friends and family that did know but they have been wonderful. As have all of you and I would be a lot less sane right now without your support.

We have an Ob appointment on Tues and I'm counting the hours until we can see bubby again to make sure it is still doing well. Losing a twin after 12 weeks can have huge impact on the surviving twin with respect to premature labour and increased cerebal palsy risk. Hopefully losing our little one the week before will not increase the risks for T1. We are living in hope and will just have to be patient and wait to see the outcome.

I haven't had any spotting which is promising and I tried dropping the nausea medication without success so my hormones are obviously still roaring. I just have to stay calm and keep sending good vibes to bubby. DH is giving it lots of kisses too. He has been such a rock for me and there is so much love in the house right now.

I'm sending positive vibes to all of you too and I wish you all a wonderful week. Lots of to those of you cycling at the moment and a million to everyone else at all stages of this journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrMummy - What a tough time for you and DH. Tuesday is not far away now - here's to T1 looking bouncy and beautiful when you get to see him/her on the scan. Everything crossed that all will be well

MrsDaisyP - a to you. It takes a bit to get your head around the processes and acronyms, but you'll be an old hand in no time at all (though hopefully won't be doing it all for long enough to become a full-blown expert!).

Trying42 - how did your scan go today honey?

Starf1sh - hope the return to work isn't too much of a downer. Good to have a March holiday to look forward to!

Trying42, DrMummy and Starf1sh - thanks for your lovely good wishes. EPU this morning got 6 eggs. Funny, but I somehow felt that was going to be the number. I'm pretty happy with it. Allows for some inevitable drop outs but we'll get one nice blastie. Will only hear tomorrow if they were all mature/how they have fared with the ICSI. I'm feeling the usual tenderness 'round the ovaries and a bit groggy but nothing unbearable. A bit of a luxury to have the day at home from work now!

Hi to everyone else and will check in later in the week with news on embie development

slinky

4. The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (01-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky - hope you are feeling ok, and hope you get some lovely results

DrMummy wishing wonderful news for you on Tues x

MrsDaisyP - Welcome!!

Love & best wishes to ALL of you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (01-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everybody!

Slinky, 6 eggs! Congratulations! Glad you are feeling well, I know this next part - the waiting game - is a tough one. Rest up, take care of yourself, and I hope the time passes quickly with great fertilisation and development results by good looking embies.

DrM, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, I hope T1 is looking energetic and strong, and that seeing him/her jump around will help you to heal and also enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy.

Starfish, I didn't know anyone prescribed DHEA just for improving embryo quality - I thought it was mainly for DOR - what dose are you on, if you don't mind saying? I have lots of eggs but no BFP - maybe if this cycle fails DHEA is something I should consider?

Hello to everyone else that I've missed.

Thank you all for your good thoughts today.

I had convinced myself there would be no follies (self protection mechanism - and also because I have had so few symptoms compared to last time) so was very surprised when FS found 4 big follies and a number of small ones. After 18 eggs last time I was very disappointed, but she reminded me that we are going for quality not quantity (and I got no BFPs out of the last batch anyway). What SHOCKED me though was that she is thinking of going to EPU on Thursday which is quite a few days earlier than I thought, because the follies are bigger than she expected. I start Orgalutran tonight and have another scan tomorrow morning. More waiting ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (01-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky, 6 eggs is great!! Crossing everything for you for a GREAT fert rate

DrMummy, your DH is a prince among men Glad he is doing such a good job of looking after you. Thinking of you today and hoping that everything is looking fantastic with T1. Sending to all 3 of you and an extra one for T2

Fiona, that lining of yours is getting ready for your little embie to snuggle in for the loooooong haul!

Trying, I have been taking DHEA 75mg since Sept 10 (with a brief break during recent pregnancy). There seems to be more and more research published showing improved egg quality for those taking DHEA. Check out the DHEA specific thread there are a few links to articles etc, particularly recent claims from the New York group it may have a role in reducing chromosomal abnormalities.
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ybrid&t=348449

ALL, hope you are keeping cool wherever you are!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (01-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrM - Looking forward to hearing all about the scan and how T1 is thriving and doing the full gymnastics show on the screen. Heaps of to T1.

Slinky - 6 is great . on a great fertilization rate.

Trying - Sending heaps of to those follies. Grow grow grow.

Starfish - How are you going gorgeous? Pity about having to go back to work.......bummer. Still March is not far away.

Sorry about the short post. Brain is finding it very hard to keep up with everyone and I can't seem to concentrate long enough to keep my finger on the pulse with everyone. Sorry .

AFM - still plodding along (and I literally mean plodding........I am nothing like my mum was when she was pregnant..........................I'm a sweller. The carpal tunnel in my hands and wrists is to a point where I can barely grip onto a glass of water. Seems to subside during the day though (thank God). I am the owner of two very large "cankles" and toes that resemble dim sims. I am not complaining though. Every day with these issues is a blessing. All that aside I am getting very excited and (I hate to admit it) a bit anxious. Having dreams now about waters breaking, being in labour etc. I don't travel far from home................one because I can't be bothered and two, it's been sooooooo hot here lately. Sorry to all you eastern staters....................seems like WA has sent it's heat over to you. Prayers are with all you northern QLD BHs. Hope this cyclone doesn't cause any damage or worse. Have my for you all.

Luv & hugs, always
    xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Always Hoping For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (01-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always - I hope you can stay chilled in every way. Again the waiting game Pity it doesn't get easier.

Slinky - yippee for a 6er I hope they've all bonded with their partner and are dividing beautifully. Are you feeling more comfortable today?

Trying42 - sounds promising. Things might slow down a little with the Orgalutran so it can all change at any time. Quality is definitely the key, no use having heaps of eggs if they amount to nothing. Oh the waiting, waiting, waiting deep breathes....

Mum4nay - how are you feeling? Very normal I hope.

Starfish
    -

FionaA - have you had another scan yet? I hope bub's new bed is developing perfectly.

& to everyone else.

AFM, thanks for the good wishes and all was good with bubby today. It has grown another 1.5cm since last week and did a little squirm before settling on its tummy with its bum poking in the air. Our Ob was very surprised that we had lost our other bubby so late. T2 is now measuring around 10 weeks and is looking so small compared to T1. It is sad to see especially as it is fully formed but we have to keep checking to make sure there are no problems. He was very happy with the NT result and checked the blood test results but didn't tell me and I didn't ask. But he wants to see me again in 3 weeks so only 21 days to wait

Have a wonderfully relaxing evening everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    drM: so glad is all is well with bubba but it must have been hard seeing T2

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrM - so glad everything is fine with T1. It's so cute when they have their little bottoms in the air. I am sad to hear that you have seen T2. I had what was called "disappearing twin syndrome". My little was absorbed back into my system. Sad, but I know I will carry my little T2 forever. Your little T2 will also be with you forever. to you but on T1. We must rejoice in our miracles.

Luv & hugs, always
    xxx