Closed Thread
Page 42 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkle - and best of luck. The girls here are a wealth of knowledge, great support and know only too well (unfortunately) the dissapointments that can lay ahead. We all rejoice in good news and hope that your TTC journey is a short one.

Best of luck and look forward to getting to know you

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sparkle wishing you a very short & sweet journey , these lovelies will look after you well .

Starfish lovely hope your looking after yourself .

Always Fiona Heiro Millie Spot and everyone I have missed sending you all bucket loads of love hugs & sunshine

AFM cruising along - I am hating this long wait between scans trying to fight off paranoia - winning some battles not others.
    Speaking of age I hit the fat 40 this April and have decided to go for a low key dinner in April then one hell of a party in Nov once I have adjusted to bean being around , I figure I can't change it so may as well embrace it !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    SWEDE - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LITTLE BUNDLE OF BLUE "ARCHIE" ARRIVING SAFE & SOUND . CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A PHOTO!

DONNA - WELCOME TO THE WORLD LITTLE KEIRA, SHE'S ADORABLE, CONGRATULATIONS

Special to my mate Millie, your strength continues to amaze me, you are a tough cookie.

Big to Starfish also, I'm glad you are hanging in there too.

DrMummy - so sad to hear about T2. I wish you well with the rest of your pregnancy.

Sorry I haven't mentioned you all but I am still cheering for all of you on the sidelines. and sending loads of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sparkle – welcome and good luck for your upcoming cycle

Slinky – fantastic result – congrats on 9 follies and good luck for your scan tomorrow!

T42 – good luck for your scan on monday

Melk – Understandable to be fighting off the paranoia – how long til your 19week scan? I think you deserve a HUGE party for your 40th - alot to celebrate with beanie on the way!

Gardenia – are you out there? Hope you are doing well

Mum4nay – yay for AF – hope the PMT wasn’t too brutal!

Starfish – I’m with you on the tennis – loving it! Great match tonight! I too will be leaving town in March to avoid my birthday – where should we go??? I hope you are taking it easy and having a good opportunity to re-charge emotionally. Thinking of you! Yes i have been on DHEA for 4 months now – terrified of it not working – but keeping fingers crossed.

Always – I don’t know how you kept your cool when that lady had a go at you. It still astounds me how rude and judgemental people can be! Will be thinking of you over the coming weeks!

Hi to Kismet, Swede, Donna, Spot, Fiona, Hiero, Jfb

AFM – still feeling run down so enjoying the break, will have another month off at least, Saw FS this week and discussed a whole lot of stuff – mind boggling!!!. Lots of stuff to try. Has anyone else had a borderline NK biopsy result? Discovered that this week.
    Last edited by PinkButterfly; 27-01-2011 at 22:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh Melk, we never get to feel 100% free of the worry and anxiety do we? Will your OB do more regular scans on request? I can't imagine I would be any different after a such a long road to get to this place, but I hope that you can take a lot of confidence from your excellent genetic screen. There's a beautiful growing bub in there! Big 4 0 bash sounds excellent, a lot to be celebrated this year!

Welcome Sparkle, all the best for your 1st cycle, exciting times ahead! Hope there aren't too many twists and turns and your IVF journey is a straight forward process and you are UTD very soon

PinkB, Hmmm I hear Hawaii is nice this time of year, you keen? If DH has his way (which he probably will judging by the amount of organising going on) we will go away skiing for a week. OMG!! Nadal and Federer out? What is going on? Really want to see Li Na take out the women's, she's a pretty funny woman.

Can't help you with the NK cell issue, mine have never come back in a high range (one blessing I guess!) Is Dr S suggesting prednisolone/colorado? It is one of his strengths for sure to mix things up every cycle and add new things when there is new info.

We are thinking we will do another cycle with him in April and go with the saizen and sperm magnification option. Besides I haven't had an egg collection since being on DHEA and will be interesting to see how that goes. I am just concerned that another opinion at this stage might only cause more confusion and really we haven't exhausted all options on the table with current FS. His view at our last meeting was we should focus on doing things to improve embryo quality rather than ruling them out (with PGD) and besides we only get 7 or 8 eggs usually so not a great amount for PGD. Could be very expensive for not much return or new info.

Much love and to everyone else. Have a great weekend
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 28-01-2011 at 08:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone!!

Welcome Sparkle - awesome bunch here

Melk .... completely understandable, it's a wonder any of us are sane at all given the stress we go through.

I had my lining scan on Thursday, 6.5, so FET will be Thursday the 3rd.

Starfish hope you are feeling better

PennyPC ... if you are out there, still thinking of you!

Love to everyone else x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Sparkle - a to you. As others have said, may your IVF journey be very short and very sweet

PinkB - lovely to hear from you sweetie. Great that you are happy having time off and it sounds like there's lots of avenues for you to explore. Don't know anything about NK biopsies, sorry.

Melk - so totally know what you mean about the worry never ceasing. It's impossible to know what's going on inside and quite natural, I think, after what it's taken to get where you are, to go through all the possibilities. Hopefully you can a bit more after the NT scan

fionaalice - good luck for the forthcoming FET. Are you transferring a blastie? Our PG tests will probably be very close together.

Starf1sh - sounds like the way forward is becoming clearer for you and DH. Great news!!

Trying - so EPU on your 39th b'day. Quite a day really, one way and the other!! Hope all goes well with the jabbing and I really hope Monday's scan proves the antagonist route is a good one for you. Look forward to hear some good numbers

Big hello to everyone else

AFM - had final pre-EPU scan today and there are 8 follies of 16mm or more. So feeling pretty happy with that and of course hoping that there is a mature egg inside each one. Will be a bit disappointed if we get too many fewer than 8. Trigger tonight at 7.30, ready for EPU Monday morning. The most amusing thing is the strict instruction to BD tonight. The nurse advised there is no specific time required for that one . I responded that I'd scheduled it in the diary. Sooooo romantic

Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

slinky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. I have just started the journey in AF. I'm 35 going on 36 and live in the inner west Sydney.

Hope it's ok if I join your thread?

I haven't had my first appointment yet, it's on the 17th Feb. Just trying to absorb what I'm in for.

Hope you are all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkle and MrsDaisy. I wish you rapid and anxiety-free success on this journey.

Starfish - I hope your hormones have stabilised and are treating you gently. This year is going so fast already and April will be here before you know it. PGD is not always the answer and in your case neither of you have a known genetic abnormality that they can screen for anyway. So it will only help by checking for general chromosomal defects that have arisen de novo. I agree that doing everything possible to improve egg quality is a much better approach and age is still on your side, whether you believe it or not. You are so painfully close to success now, it just has to be that your sticky BFP with perfect HB is fast approaching. Please, please, please, please.....

Mum4nay - yay for AF at long last. I hope you are feeling a lot more comfortable now. Best wishes for the most boringly text-book 28 day cycle with hormone fluctuations and obvious signs of ovulation

Melk - the anxious waiting just goes on and on. All the waiting for results leading up to transfer, then seemingly for ever there after. Does your doctor have U/S in their rooms? Thankfully ours does so we can have our fears allayed at least monthly. I'm finding it all very terrifying. Can you feel your bubs moving yet? It shouldn't be too much longer.

PinkB - it's good to know there are a lot of options but I really wished my FS could say "do this because it will work". Frustratingly that is never going to be the case for us but I just never wanted to be in the situation where I'd tried absolutely everything with no success. I'm certain this year is going to be a ripper for this thread and your sticky BFP is looming.

Spot - for your FET.

Slinky - great follicle count. I hope you're not too uncomfortable. I have everything crossed that there are plenty of mature eggs in there for the scientists to work their magic with. Scheduling BD is quite amusing. Although we used donor sperm, we still had to BD the night before transfer as part of the Colorado protocol which DH was very pleased about. I made it all very special for us actually.

FionaA - well done, nice plump home developing there. I hope your little gets very comfortable in there for the long haul.

Trying42 - good luck for your scan tomorrow. I hope you see a nice number of even sized follicles. Go ovaries, do your thang....

Always - I hope you're feeling very calm and ready to meet your little one. I thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us because it made it a lot easier for me to survive the same nightmare

I have to race out right now so I'll submit this (don't want to lose it all) and then come back to finish the rest later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsDaisy, welcome to this thread! Everyone here is wonderfully supportive and helpful. I hope your stay here is brief!

Slinky, just wanted to drop in to wish you for tomorrow's EPU - hope you get lots of lovely mature eggs and that you recover well from the procedure. I'll be thinking of you!

DrM, thanks for the good thoughts, hope all is going well with you.

Hi to everybody else, sorry if I've missed anybody, in a rush to get ready for work tomorrow.