Closed Thread
Page 15 of 134 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    K2Chat, I found this on a site and it is something I have read before in several places so I'm pretty certain it is correct (I might check the literature just to be sure tho ):

As your pregnancy progresses, levels rise and that doubling time increases. The expected doubling time for HCG levels:
    • Under 1200 mIU/ml: 48-72 hours.
    • Between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml: 72-96 hours.
    • Over 6000 mIU/ml: more than 96 hours
    HCG levels rise during the first 8 to 10 weeks of pregnancy then decline slowly for the second and third trimesters.

Your levels are in the middle range so the doubling time will have slowed down a bit. Definitely still looks good to me

Thank-you so much Starfish, Jfblady (you were such an inspiration to me ), PinkB, Amum21 and K2Chat.

You are all so beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DRM FANTASTIC NEWS !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!

Pearl Great action Plan ! - So pleased to see they are finally working for you

K2chat hope you are feeling better today, I too have read that doubling times slow down as your levels increase, so please do not worry (Yeah Right) too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks DrMummy and Melk for the information.

Just got the result from Monday B/T, HCG is 8090. doubled from last Saturday . I am relieved a little albeit still confused and concerned. But hey what can I do about it?

I will just leave it till scan.

I remember on the way to ET during cycle 5, I was so worried how the embryos were and told DH how many times we have already been holding breathes during the IVF. Just imagine what it will be like bringing up a child. The numerous milestones or sickness etc. I am daunted and need a stronger heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    K2Chat - Well firstly CONGRATULATIONS you are PG. Don't listen to those levels too much......there are plenty of women on BH who have been in the same situation and their bubbas were fine. Each pregnancy is so different and every pregnancy is so individual. I for one am not much into putting pregnancies into "statistics". That's Drs that like doing that - which makes us stress. Your little bubba is just doing fine. Keep up those positive thoughts and send those vibes to your bubba. Biggest congrats to you. I have the biggest on my face. Yay yay yay

DrM - well honey what wonderful, cheerful and well awaited news. Naughty you making us all wait so long - but so worth the wait. You and your DH must be on . I am so happy for you sweet thing. Enjoy!!!

Pearl - your FS sounds very proactive and is trying everything. Never heard of any FS cutting $$ off a cycle. Well done. I used GonalF on my last 2 cycles and found that worked better for me. Not sure if it was because of everything else I was using that made the difference but I believe every little change that is made makes a huge difference. for you gorgeous.

to everyone else that I have missed. We here in Perth are sweltering. I am not a summer person to start with and this heat.....yuck......I think I should go to the UK - they are experiencing -18. Hmmmmm!!! (perhaps a little too cold). So hard to please

Luv & Hugs, always
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    woohoo Dr Mummy what great numbers as well. Congratulations to you and DH enjoy every minute.

K2chat I know it is hard but try and not think too much about the numbers as long as the HCG is going up you should be fine, and you are right the worrying never stops it is just one step at a time.

To all the other lovely ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    K2 - you have the right approach - just go with it as hard as that is. I too have read so many stories on bubhub that don't follow the text book..... imagine what goes on with those that get preggers naturally but being unmonitored they would never know about the hcg levels - there could be so much variation. Thinking of you!

Oh and PS:Parenthood will be a breeze for you after the hell that IVF and infertility are

Dr M - Hope all is well on

Always - sending you vibes - u must be extra hot this year with bubba on board!

Hi to all

AFM - day 7 of FSH jabs today and have 1st scan in the morning - feeling a bit ambivalent - how crazy -I should be a seasoned pro by now! Hoping for some follie action at least

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Mummy CONGRATULATIONS!!!

K2Chat - glad to hear things are looking ok, what a stressful time. You take care Xx

Starfish - hey lovely, I'm busy with work and trying not to think IVF too much other than checking in on the girls here Thanks for your thoughts Xx

PennyPC & Spot still thinking of you Xxx

to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrM: Congratulations!!!! I am over the moon for you and DH. And of course, it’s always inspiring to know of a success story. Now…feet up, relax, and prepare yourself for all those middle of the night feeds J
    K2Chat: You too…relax and feet up. It’s hard not to pay attention to all the numbers & stats but they are not infallible. Just focus on the l’il bub that is waiting to see his/her mummy. Just keep talking to the l’il bub and it’ll grow and grow. Before you know it, you’ll wonder how you’re going to pass something the size of a watermelon through! J
    Pearl: Glad to see that you’re back on the horse. After each failed attempt, I, too, wonder “what now?” but not willing to give up. You give me strength to continue.
    PinkButterfuly: Good luck on this cycle…I, also, get ambivalent…after going through so many cycles. Weird, huh? It's as if...I don't allow myself to get excited...just so the fall isn't that far.

AFM: D6 post a D3 transfer...been feeling "stuff" down there but it could be just hunger pangs or gas. The only indication of anything is sore and enlarged boobs...but that could be from the luteal support (pregnyl). Sigh....wish there was some sign.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MRP - on being PUPO. Hope those feelings "down there" are embies snuggling into their mummy. So hard not to read into signs during the 2WW. Try not to go too crazy.

everyone. Have a wonderful day.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MustRP - sounding very promising and not much longer to go now. I hope has a lovely BFP wrapped up and ready for you. Thank you for the congrats and yes my bladder is already preparing me for broken sleep. Trying to take it easy but work is way too hectic (she says as she messages on BH while at work ). But to my defense I have an 11 hr experiment today and I need to have some breaks.

PinkB - how did your scan go? I have everything crossed for a nice follicle count for you Are you doing antagonist? All is well with me but it hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm still expecting the worst because it is too unbelievable and desperately trying to stay until Monday's BT.

K2Chat - for beautiful numbers. That's wonderful news. Will you be having an early scan?

FionaAlice - I found it very calming when I had a 6 month break from IVF to let the DHEA kick in. We were physically, emotionally and financially exhausted from the 3 failed cycles last year and I came back into it again feeling much stronger. Thank you very much for the congrats.

Melk, Minibar and Always - thank you to you lovely ladies too. Your individual journeys have been so inspirational to me and actually educational too. IVF can be such a long and incredibly dark tunnel, but there can be a light not just at the end of it but also along the way in many different forms e.g. all the beautiful hearts on BH.

Spot yet another beautiful heart